Heard Immigration Minister Kenny on the CBC This Week

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
It's media induced rule not to ask where immigrants are from because it doesn't care about the rest of the world. Everyone is legally in Canada, the govt has taken care of everything and ordinary Canadians do not have to worry about foreigners. So, once immigrants are here, they can forget about the terrible probems in their old country and just live quietly, and all their problems fade away in a blissful existence. Most of the news we get from Asia and Africa is negative. Wars, nukes, religion etc. Wjhat's to talk about? Upsets the zen I suppose.

Sure immigrants like to talk about their background, but not too much. And I'm not that interested all the time. Sometimes I try to guess and sometimes I'm right. I once called an Iranian an Italian. I remember how in Canada he said his skin got much lighter than his relatives that recently arrived.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nothing matters Spade. It's all just cosmic fluff. Irrelevant in the big scope of things like the sweece under the fridge and kazoon under the sofa. It's just there.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com

We could use the F-35s or whatever we have now to bomb suspected smuggler ships off our coasts. The air force would get some badly needed practice since they don't like to do search and rescue missions or even patrol of the Arctic. Wimpy stuff doesn't please Cheney and Bush, only bombing miss-oops, air support does. There's also a ship from Japan on its way here that could be used for target practice. Likely from a village with an unpronounceable name.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
We could use the F-35s or whatever we have now to bomb suspected smuggler ships off our coasts.
I knew it wouldn't take long for you to go from promoting simple fascism, to wholesale murder.

You may buy into the idea that Canada is stolen land and aboriginals 'technically" still own Canada. This allows the lawyers-white and aboriginal, to endless debate this topic at public expense ad nauseum. You feel like a temp, fine, I don't. I would like this issue discussed more and a decisive decision made on it. I think too many have guilt over this, which inhibits openness and discussion. If

Canada is a country of immigrants, is there another 'country of " ". Fill in the blank. Say use China or France as an example.

Meanwhile, more Attawaspiskats languish out there and aboriginals are not getting the education and job skills they require to survive, and they are getting sicker with diseases like TB and their suicide rates are off the charts. Aboriginals get $10,000 per head, per year, and most is wasted by lawyers and leaders. I say give it to the people.
The bulk of that post is beyond stupid.

Last edited:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
This is not technically correct. Canada was built by Europeans. To say just immigrants is not correct. Other immigrants from other countries did not start coming to Canada almost until after ww2, after all the infrastructure was in place (besides the Chinese who came earlier). These immigrants from south Asia, for instance, could not build sh^t, that's why they settled where the Europeans were. They never build a city of there own anywhere in N America, they could only survive if they were associated with europeans.

And those Europeans were immigrants.

You may buy into the idea that Canada is stolen land and aboriginals 'technically" still own Canada. This allows the lawyers-white and aboriginal, to endless debate this topic at public expense ad nauseum. You feel like a temp, fine, I don't.

I do not, actually. You like to keep putting those words into other people's mouths.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
When they bring back the head tax as mentioned do you want to use the election slogan of the
time as well? Disgusting as is was, the election cry was Beware of the Yellow Peril. Of course
good Canadians don't want to be reminded of that. They have new attitudes now like, oh,
the Native thing happened so long ago why don't those people just move on and forget it.

Seems to me we left out the part about we stole their house back then and we still don't want to
pay anything for it at all. No we didn't steal it, but we sure benefited from our great grandparents
sealing the land. Immigration is a good thing but we do have to be mindful of who is let in to be
part of the Canadian family as it were. I think we should pay attention to detail. For example if
there are potential citizens that are not going to obey the laws of the land or they want to subvert
them we should scrutinize them closely.
For example those who think, honor killings are something to do on Sunday afternoon for example.
or people who come here get a citizenship and then go back to their homeland and fight for groups
opposing our forces overseas. We are all for allowing certain groups in who still protect the ideals
of oppression both religiously and domination of women. On the other hand we won't allow others
in who are supposed terrorists who are fighting against repressive governments in order to bring
open democratic ideals. The entire immigration service is a mess in my view and we should embark
on cleaning it up before changing any rules.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
This is not technically correct. Canada was built by Europeans. To say just immigrants is not correct. Other immigrants from other countries did not start coming to Canada almost until after ww2, after all the infrastructure was in place (besides the Chinese who came earlier).

So, you think that the Canada that exists now is as it was before WW2? That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. Canada is a work in progress. It's still being built.

What a Maroon. Not to be confused with the Maroons who came to Nova Scotia from Jamaica and helped fend off the forces of Napoleon, and who helped to construct the Halifax Citadel, before the British sent them to Sierra Leone.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
You may buy into the idea that Canada is stolen land and aboriginals 'technically" still own Canada. This allows the lawyers-white and aboriginal, to endless debate this topic at public expense ad nauseum. You feel like a temp, fine, I don't. I would like this issue discussed more and a decisive decision made on it. I think too many have guilt over this, which inhibits openness and discussion. If

Canada is a country of immigrants, is there another 'country of " ". Fill in the blank. Say use China or France as an example.

Meanwhile, more Attawaspiskats languish out there and aboriginals are not getting the education and job skills they require to survive, and they are getting sicker with diseases like TB and their suicide rates are off the charts. Aboriginals get $10,000 per head, per year, and most is wasted by lawyers and leaders. I say give it to the people.
lol You're so dense you're fµckin hilarious. Kind of like a deaf bat.