Healing Lodges.....For violent criminals???

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If it weren't for the healing lodges that are held in the Pen here in BC, my ex might never have gotten clean, gotten a good union job and spent the last 8 years getting to know our daughter again.

If it weren't for the rez in the prison, he would still be a junkie.

So, I say we need more healing lodges. I'd prefer these people who are getting out get whatever might help them be better people. Since they WILL be getting out...might be good to try EVERYTHING to get them into a better head space.
They should put their faith in Jesus like real people.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"Yours" in the sense that you brought it here. Makes it more yours than mine, so as I said, I'll leave it up to you.

You disapprove? Should I go back to using feral or use the derogatory "raunchy"?

If it weren't for the healing lodges that are held in the Pen here in BC, my ex might never have gotten clean, gotten a good union job and spent the last 8 years getting to know our daughter again.

If it weren't for the rez in the prison, he would still be a junkie.

So, I say we need more healing lodges. I'd prefer these people who are getting out get whatever might help them be better people. Since they WILL be getting out...might be good to try EVERYTHING to get them into a better head space.

In the pen,, rez in prison.

Different system out here. These aren't in prison, they are the prison. It's a joke.

BTW, any FN with grade 11 and can pass a piss test jumps to the front of the Union apprenticeship waiting list line.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
They should put their faith in Jesus like real people.

I thank the stars he didn't.

You disapprove? Should I go back to using feral or use the derogatory "raunchy"?

In the pen,, rez in prison.

Different system out here. These aren't in prison, they are the prison. It's a joke.

BTW, any FN with grade 11 and can pass a piss test jumps to the front of the Union apprenticeship waiting list line.

He's not FN.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Does this look like a federal prison to you?

Guess what it is....

Clearly you have not seen how Indigenous peoples are treated in BC.

Treated how? As crybabies who can't man up until having to do 10 years Fed time?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Holding second degree murders and violent armed robbers or shoplifters and wh0res?

yep! William Head is where criminals of ALL stripes go IF they've been good prisoners and are not serving life sentences.

Not only do they get to perform theatre, they also get to have their families stay for the weekend and have sex. OMG, eh?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
there's cultural sensitivity and understanding

there's inmate willingness and cooperation and desire for healing

there's also guys looking to buck the system a la the ol' status card

there's even retarded judges that sentence violent criminals to a re-purposed boy scout camp.

there's also door-matting, socially squeamish pols, skittish msm's and community leaders too.

fukkin canada. great place sometimes. :lol:

well, until someone gets hurt maybe.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
yep! William Head is where criminals of ALL stripes go IF they've been good prisoners and are not serving life sentences.

Not only do they get to perform theatre, they also get to have their families stay for the weekend and have sex. OMG, eh?

So it's for those nearing release or are gimped or too old to run. OMG

No violent meat fresh off the street huh?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
So it's for those nearing release or are gimped or too old to run. OMG

No violent meat fresh off the street huh?

It's for those who've shown an interest in being better. No bug ward inmates.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No bug ward, no gang bangers, no violent convictions, no risk, no drug abusers, and after spending hard time with no internal repremands.