He Lost 3 Years and a Child, but Got No Apology

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
DA's are elected? what is the pro and con of that system?
Yep. I'm not sure what the pro is, but generally the con is that you have the equivalent of Crown's attorneys focussed on the political polls.

can't the doctor be prosecuted?
Possibly. Tough case to make. Expert testimony is all opinion, so you can't get them on perjury.

And as I said, the statute of limitations ran long ago.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yep. I'm not sure what the pro is, but generally the con is that you have the equivalent Crown's attorneys focussed on the political polls.

Possibly. Tough case to make. Expert testimony is all opinion, so you can't get them on perjury.

And as I said, the statute of limitations ran long ago.
thanks... I know it was long ago and our system has changed but there still have to be plenty of people who are in prison who are innocent...the only way to get around that would be to have someone that really believed you due to the evidence and was willing to put in a lot of time on your behalf.

sad and scary actually

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
thanks... I know it was long ago and our system has changed but there still have to be plenty of people who are in prison who are innocent...the only way to get around that would be to have someone that really believed you due to the evidence and was willing to put in a lot of time on your behalf.

sad and scary actually
There's an outfit here called The Innocence Project. Lawyers, mostly young, who search the records for people they think were actually innocent (as opposed to "not guilty") and take up their cases.

Good people. Bad lawyers.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This is an American case but I suppose after what happened to David Milgaard, the same thing could still happen in Canada, although I would certainly hope not. I guess liars are a permanent specie.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
There's an outfit here called The Innocence Project. Lawyers, mostly young, who search the records for people they think were actually innocent (as opposed to "not guilty") and take up their cases.

Good people. Bad lawyers.
well if they are bad lawyers it won't help much...still worth a try though I guess...they only make movies about the good lawyers fighting the good fight for the innocent

every once in a while though, it hits the news where you hear about an innocent finally released and it usually involves some lawyer that believed and worked for years for free

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
well if they are bad lawyers it won't help much...still worth a try though I guess...they only make movies about the good lawyers fighting the good fight for the innocent

every once in a while though, it hits the news where you hear about an innocent finally released and it usually involves some lawyer that believed and worked for years for free
You do what you can. My interest is focussed elsewhere, but I send 'em money.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You do what you can. My interest is focussed elsewhere, but I send 'em money.
we are all called in different ways to heal the planet... we give as called...no one can criticize that...well actually people do but... they are wrong

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think each person responsible, ex-wife, procecutor, doctor, should each serve his sentence in full as punishment for their crime. But I have no doubt they will each get off scott free or with a hand slapping.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think each person responsible, ex-wife, procecutor, doctor, should each serve his sentence in full as punishment for their crime. But I have no doubt they will each get off scott free or with a hand slapping.

Helluva good idea, but I do have one concern, as soon as any professionals spend time in jail there's a danger in future of everyone just "clamming up".

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Hey Ron!...howzit goin' man? Some members were getting worried about your whereaboots. Trust all is hunky dory.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Hey Ron!...howzit goin' man? Some members were getting worried about your whereaboots. Trust all is hunky dory.

Once ever couple of weeks I get a thumbs up, usually for an LOL Dog post, so I know he's still breathing. Does no one read the newsletters? Why do I bother? :D

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Once ever couple of weeks I get a thumbs up, usually for an LOL Dog post, so I know he's still breathing. Does no one read the newsletters? Why do I bother? :D
it's the invisible ink