Has Iggy lost his Groove?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: Bloc’s Status in Proposed Government

Exactly the opposite is true.........the BQ would have had more influence over Canada in a coalition.......a disasterous state of affairs.

The Bloc Québécois was not to be a member of the proposed government, only the Liberal Party of Canada and the New Democratic Party of Canada would had done so. The Bloc Québécois had only agreed to support the proposed government on any motions that could defeat the Government for a predetermined period of time, ensuring that Canadians would have stable government (an effective majority). It is a key feature of the proposed government that it was a Liberal–New Democratic Government, supported by the Bloc Québécois.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ignatieff quick to implode

By PAUL RUTHERFORD
30th September 2009
Federal Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff is correct. Canadians have indeed lost "confidence."
The bad news is it's in him and his failed attempt to make the Liberal brand attractive once again to voters across the country.
Talk about an implosion in a few short months.
Thus the Iggy experiment can finally be called a concrete failure. Turn out the lights, this party's over.
So as he and his caucus get set to try and topple Harper's minority Conservatives in tomorrow's non-confidence vote -- which the NDP say they won't support -- it's time for the Liberal Party to look long and hard at its future.
How much longer do you go with Iggy? The party can't afford to dither around clinging to the hope Canadians will suddenly fall head over heels for him.
Results from an exclusive Leger Marketing poll for Sun Media published this week were dismal for Iggy in all the vital categories.
And don't let the minuscule 4% gain in popular vote fool you.
It's a mirage attributed more to anti-Harper/stimulus package sentiment than an Ignatieff love-in.
Perhaps the best summation of what's happened to Ignatieff is summed up by pollster Christian Bourque.
"From the get-go, Ignatieff's style of politician, his background, the fact that he worked and studied abroad makes him look worldly and worthy of being a head of state to Quebecers ... where in the rest of the country he is not seen as homegrown enough."
Ignatieff's ongoing fixation with defeating the government is hurting the Liberals badly.
There's no reason to defeat Harper. He's complying with Ignatieff's January requests, including a series of financial updates on the economic health of the nation -- the latest one rolled out Monday.
Co-operation is alive and well except in the Ignatieff camp.
Last December Ignatieff won the leadership without much effort. Clearly the Liberal Party made a mistake.

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario
I found myself agreeing to this article but I really want Colpy or Walter to spin this line:

"....Former Liberal prime minister Jean Chrétien told visitors recently that Prime Minister Stephen Harper calls him for consultation...."

Harper - taking advice from Chretien - come guys....SPIN!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I found myself agreeing to this article but I really want Colpy or Walter to spin this line:

"....Former Liberal prime minister Jean Chrétien told visitors recently that Prime Minister Stephen Harper calls him for consultation...."

Harper - taking advice from Chretien - come guys....SPIN!

I clicked on the article....but got a "this address not valid" message.

Spin....well, how about Chretien lies so much he wouldn't know the truth if it lept up and bit him on the arse.... :)

Or.....seriously....SO WHAT? Chretien was Prime Minister for well over a decade......asking his advice or his views on any number of subjects would only be prudent........and displays an admirable lack of partisanship on Harper's part.

Good Enough? :)

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario
link worked for me - it's in the G&M article called "How Iffy dropped the ball"

nice spin BTW - I guess the fact that "adscam" ran under his watch - which Conservative partisans LOVE to bring up - and also use to show how corrupt to bone doesn't matter now, right? I wonder other advice he is getting from Jean.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ekos: Con 38.4% Lib 26.8% Ndp 16.7% Grn 9.9% Bq 8.2% ...
AngusReid: Con 40% Lib 26% Ndp 17% Bq 9% Grn 7%...

Taken from bourque.com October 29, 2008