Harper can win in 2015

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Until last night I would have sworn that people would not vote against their best interests, today I have to agree yes of course Harper can be elected yet again. Promise anything to get elected and do the opposite.
Ah, like Paul Martin and Jean Chretien did. Is this a surprise to you?

I agree with you. But all we have is choice between 2 evils.
And that is all we allow ourselves. Having a choice between two evils is the choice we give ourselves. Kinda stupid, IMO.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Until last night I would have sworn that people would not vote against their best interests, today I have to agree yes of course Harper can be elected yet again. Promise anything to get elected and do the opposite.

It is just one riding and probably doesn't reflect national support based on current support polls.

If Harper does run in the next election I think we can expect even more extensive illegal campaigning.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Question:
Can Stephen Harper win the next federal election?

Answer:
Yes. Absolutely.

Pretty much a no brainer as long as he doesn't raise taxes, doesn't rob any banks or turn out to be a pedophile!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
This is the kind of nonsense that Canadians and many others are getting tired of, even if I didn't have access to the scientific evidence on climate change I'd still know the world around me has changed significantly in the last four decades, I've watched it.

When almost all the ice is gone from the Arctic Ocean at the height of the summer melt there will be still a few yelling climate change is all a farce, the rest of us are going to be preparing for a much more uncertain world to live in. It would be nice to have a government that is there to lead and not impede us in doing so. Harper clearly isn't the person to do that.

I am pretty sure that the world warmed up by more than a degree since the last ice age, and more good came of it than bad.

The fact that today's climate science talks about bad things while forecasts nothing that is good, is proof enough that the movement is politically driven instead of science driven.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I am pretty sure that the world warmed up by more than a degree since the last ice age, and more good came of it than bad.

The fact that today's climate science talks about bad things while forecasts nothing that is good, is proof enough that the movement is politically driven instead of science driven.

It's not just the scale but the rate of change, and the kind of change we are now most likely responsible for may not have been seen since 65 million years ago when a massive object from space blasted billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere when it hit equally massive seafloor deposits of calcium carbonate. Even the Paleocene Eocene Thermal Maximum happened much slower as tectonic activity emitted large amounts of GHGs into the atmosphere.

Do we really want to eventually find out that we triggered another Extinction Level Event because we let corrupt politicians and businessmen mislead us for decades. The science is pretty clear on the scale and risk of rapidly changing the Earth's radiative balance the way we are, most ELEs seem to have a strong component of climate change involved.

Pretending it's no big deal is just insane.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Extinction level event? ROTFLMAO!

You do realize that the affects of CO2 will reach a threshold where doubling or tripling the amount of CO2 wont have an effect because it is alreasdy absorbing all of the spectrum that it is capable of absorbing?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Gwyn Morgan, Chairman of the Board of SNC Lavalin til May 2 this year, the company being investigated for fraud in four countries on three continents, was Steve's choice for heading up his brand new Accountability Commission.........just sayin........

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I'm thinking the Harper CONS are going to get the Mulroney treatment next time.......

Harper's Parade of Perps

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Alberta Conservative MP Brent Rathgeber quit the Conservative Caucus today.. citing lack of disclosure on public spending and the Mike Duffy scandal.

Frankly i'm surprised the Conservative Caucus has held together as long as it has. The party is a product of a shotgun wedding between the old Progressive Conservatives... dirigist, nationalist and socially conservative.. and the Reform Party.. economic and social libertarians.. and who have defined the Conservative platform. These are antithetical political philosophies.. and there have been seething frustrations and tensions within the Caucus since its inception.

It would only take a major scandal.. or an economic crisis brought on by the Free Trade, Free Market and morally apathetic agenda of Harper to bring the whole thing crashing down.

Last edited: