Happy world toilet Day

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Walter is right much as I hate to admit it. If you selfidentified as Phil it would be perfectly acceptable. Things have changed since we went to school. Hell they have even changed a lot between when my son went to school and what my grandchildren are taught. Not convinced it has changed for the better either except maybe for teachers.

Kids aren't being taught how to shoe horses today. So what?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Spelling don't matter no more.

I realise that. The Left-wing teachers who have infiltrated schools in the West in recent times seem more interested in teaching pupils how to be "gender inclusive" by calling their peers "purple penguins;" how to pray to Allah (and severely punish those pupils who refuse); forcing pupils to visit the local mosque, where they are instructed to recite the shahada, the Muslim declaration of faith which states: "There is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his messenger;" refusing to teach pupils about the Holocaust in case it "offends" Muslim pupils; and branding 14-year-old Catholic pupils at Roman Catholic schools "truants" as they refused to dress as Muslims and visit the local mosque (noticed how most of it revolves around the Left's beloved Islam?). Teachers nowadays in Canada, Britain, America and elsewhere in the West would rather teach all those things rather than the important things like maths, science and proper spelling and grammar, and then we wonder afterwards why our schools are lagging behind those in the Far East.

No, me included.

Other than "cannuck" what other way is there to spell "cannuck".

"Canuck" is the correct spelling.

By the way, questions should always end with a question mark.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
They also are not taught how to be punctual, excel or basic work skills or how to behave.Then again most of their teachers do not have those skill sets either.

Maybe in the school your kids go to. The school my kids go to certainly does. Maybe you should move your kids if you don't like their current education.....or, perhaps you should stop looking to the schools to do the things parents should be doing....or maybe you should stop placing so much importance on things that were relevant 100 years ago....or maybe it's a combination of all of the above. What I do know is that I have nothing but good things to say about the schools that I'm aware of. Of course, I'm in Alberta so our schools have the advantage of starting out with the best and brightest

Yes, it is.

Nope. You are wrong as usual...but you're probably used to that

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Maybe in the school your kids go to. The school my kids go to certainly does. Maybe you should move your kids if you don't like their current education.....or, perhaps you should stop looking to the schools to do the things parents should be doing....or maybe you should stop placing so much importance on things that were relevant 100 years ago....or maybe it's a combination of all of the above. What I do know is that I have nothing but good things to say about the schools that I'm aware of. Of course, I'm in Alberta so our schools have the advantage of starting out with the best and brightest

Nope. You are wrong as usual...but you're probably used to that

Our schools have unions.
It is my grandchildren I am worried about. There is only one school in the areas so it is not like they can change schools and since they all have the same union I don't see what difference it would make. There are a few very good teachers and on of the special ed types is very good as well. The rest run down hill from there. Oddly enough one of the best teachers in their school is one of the bigger union supporters and even he has problems with the attitudes and abilities of some teachers.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Our schools have unions.

So do ours

It is my grandchildren I am worried about. There is only one school in the areas so it is not like they can change schools and since they all have the same union I don't see what difference it would make. There are a few very good teachers and on of the special ed types is very good as well. The rest run down hill from there. Oddly enough one of the best teachers in their school is one of the bigger union supporters and even he has problems with the attitudes and abilities of some teachers.

Union has nothing to do with it. That's just an excuse.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If it is an excuse for poor performance it works well for them.

Not to mention you kid and his or her kids. As I've said, my kids have done well and their school district is unionized. Who knows though, if mine were doing poorly, I might be tempted to lay the blame on the unionized teachers. It's probably a lot easier than looking in the mirror.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not to mention you kid and his or her kids. As I've said, my kids have done well and their school district is unionized. Who knows though, if mine were doing poorly, I might be tempted to lay the blame on the unionized teachers. It's probably a lot easier than looking in the mirror.

My grandchildren are doing well despite the teachers, not because of them. Then again the whole system has been so dumbed down that even you would probably pass.