Hackers post fake news release about PM on Tory site

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
This sounds almost like someone's grandma spray painting graffiti on her own garage door because no one is taking her concerns about area hoodlums seriously, she'd never come up with anything clever or interesting either.

Why on earth would someone go to the trouble to hack, just to post a piece of garbage about Harper choking on a hashbrown? That makes ZERO sense.

Ever heard of the Vandals? They were a cruel, merciless tribe, back in the days of the Roman Empire, whose entire existence was typified by destruction, hurt, killing and, well, vandalism.

The motives of modern day internet hackers are no different. And just as the Vandals (along with the Huns, who, in modern terms could be likened to liberals) contributed greatly to the demise of the Roman Empire, so will the computer hackers do, to the demise of our world as we know it.

Unless appropriate laws are enacted to prevent them from doing so.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Ever heard of the Vandals? They were a cruel, merciless tribe, back in the days of the Roman Empire, whose entire existence was typified by destruction, hurt, killing and, well, vandalism.

The motives of modern day internet hackers are no different.

Posting a bit that Harper chokes on a kitten is the same as killing?

Are you for real?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The security of Canada is in the hands of CSIS. As a former RCMP friend of mine once said, "CSIS couldn't find their own balls in a lit room."

I worked with a 19 year old 12 years ago who hacked government sites on a daily basis. He never got caught because he knew how to cover his tracks. We published a lot of that information on our web site and CSIS downloaded our entire site every other day, but they could not figure out where we got our information. Hackers are a very creative bunch and without them, we would not know 1/10th of what we do know about what is going on. We would all be mushrooms.

No doubt a lot of undetected sh*t happens in Nakusp, simply because hardly anyone can find the place. :lol:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Are you for real?
That's the thing. Jack is so far out there that I'm beginning to think he is a poltergeist in the works.

No doubt a lot of undetected sh*t happens in Nakusp, simply because hardly anyone can find the place. :lol:
Hey! An old high school buddy found me yesterday. If CSIS can't find me perhaps they should remove their heads from where the sun don't shine.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

Are you for real?

Surely you heard the expression: "Slippery Slope"?

And even if not, how about documented stories about how these modern day Vandals, you seem to embrace, destroyed innocent peoples computers, compromised privacy and/or security, made lives of people they never met miserable, just for their sadistic pleasure of causing pain and suffering or for a cheap laugh, that seems to amuse you.

Are YOU for real?

How about you and Cliffy hooking up start a fund to encourage and support hackers, just for the fun of it, of course?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

And even if not, how about documented stories about how these modern day Vandals, you seem to embrace, destroyed innocent peoples computers, compromised privacy and/or security, made lives of people they never met miserable, just for their sadistic pleasure of causing pain and suffering or for a cheap laugh, that seems to amuse you.

Are YOU for real?

How about you and Cliffy hooking up start a fund to encourage and support hackers, just for the fun of it, of course?
Aholes who write viruses and Trojan Horses are not hackers. They are Vandals and thieves. They are two different species all together. Most good hackers go on to careers designing security software and systems because they know the weaknesses in the system. Hacking can become a very lucrative enterprise. We owe much of computer technology to them.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Are YOU for real?

The Govt already hires enough hackers as it is. Their work was for all to see on the Tory website.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks for the negative, mentalfloss! Coming from you, it is truly an honour.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I'm surprised you couldn't figure it's in response to YOUR post # 25.

He has this annoying habit of dropping laconic, mysterious and pretend-to-be-funny one-liners, without quoting. But he quoted the word 'manufacturing' which does not appear in my post #25, and attributed to me. No?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He has this annoying habit of dropping laconic, mysterious and pretend-to-be-funny one-liners, without quoting. But he quoted the word 'manufacturing' which does not appear in my post #25, and attributed to me. No?

Petros can be a bit of an enigma to be sure, but all in good humour, lighten up enjoy the humour, he's an asset to the forum, bullsh*t and all. :lol:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Petros can be a bit of an enigma to be sure, but all in good humour, lighten up enjoy the humour, he's an asset to the forum, bullsh*t and all. :lol:
Bullsh*t is very useful stuff. With the price of oil going up, synthetic fertilizers are getting too expensive and farmers are having to go back to the old way of fertilizing their crops. And good mushrooms, edible or hallucinogenic, depend on good BS to grow. Good bullsh*t is making a comeback. Yahoo!