Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
A kukri is a form of Machete and the number 1 weapon for Nepal's military

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They come in many shapes and forms they are not just for chopping celery

No, they make those for asshole Yahoos that will never use them as a machete. The basic design of an actual machete that actual people use hasn't changed for centuries.

That's like showing me a picture of a Hummer and telling me that it's a pick-up truck.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I am a responsible citizen. Served my country. Wounded in action. Improved myself through education. Held a full-time job since I was 17. Steady rises in pay and status. Pay my taxes. Vote in every election.

How 'bout you?
Sounds like you helped them become the assholes they are today. Toe the line the whole way and nothing protested. You are a real manly man for sure.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
So what was the style used in the attack in Regina?
You tell me. If it isn't an old fashioned bolo machete but some sort of cutthroat cutlery like the stuff that you're showing me, your lie is getting bigger and bigger.

You haven't yet posted a picture of a machete. You posted pictures of something else that has recently been named as a "machete"

By the way, I own a 12 gauge Olin flair gun for sailing. There is an aftermarket attachment that you can buy mail order called "Machete" that converts it to fire a 12 gauge shot gun shell.

(You'd have to be a bird brain to try it. It is made, supposedly, for those who occasionally transit pirate-infested waters)

Why don't you post that picture as well, seeing as you're stuck in Pinnochio more.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe you should start a 'Forged in Fire' thread. You know the work for the UK right?
That is a Ghurka Kukri and we had one in our household as a child. My father traded it for his RCAF peaked hat with a Ghurka sentry after the Japanese surrender when he served in Ceylon.

That is specifically a Nepalese weapon that is made to kill people and only to kill.

It is not a machete and a Ghurka Rifle would consider it to be sacrilege for it to be used as anything but a weapon.

Your lying is becoming more inventive by the minute.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
You tell me. If it isn't an old fashioned bolo machete but some sort of cutthroat cutlery like the stuff that you're showing me, your lie is getting bigger and bigger.
You haven't yet posted a picture of a machete. You posted pictures of something else that has recently been named as a "machete"
By the way, I own a 12 gauge Olin flair gun for sailing. There is an aftermarket attachment that you can buy mail order called "Machete" that converts it to fire a 12 gauge shot gun shell.
(You'd have to be a bird brain to try it. It is made, supposedly, for those who occasionally transit pirate-infested waters)
Why don't you post that picture as well, seeing as you're stuck in Pinnochio more.

You want me to tell you what type of machete was used after I asked you, yeah typical lecturing non answer I've grown to expect from you two. I threw out there machetes maim and murder too, and the best you 2 can come up with is it is not as bad as firearms, and a machete is made to cut vegetation, no other version is acceptable, and not for hurting humans wtf?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
That is a Ghurka Kukri and we had one in our household as a child. My father traded it for his RCAF peaked hat with a Ghurka sentry after the Japanese surrender when he served in Ceylon.
That is specifically a Nepalese weapon that is made to kill people and only to kill.
It is not a machete and a Ghurka Rifle would consider it to be sacrilege for it to be used as anything but a weapon.
Your lying is becoming more inventive by the minute.

What is Khukuri?

The Kukri (also sometime spelled as Khukri or Khukuri) is a semi curved metal knife, it is the national weapon of Nepal. It has been used as a tool or as a close combat weapon. The cutting edge is inwardly curved in shape. It was, and in many cases still is, the basic and traditional utility knife of the Nepali people and symbolic weapon for all Gurkha regiments throughout the world and Nepal Army signifying the courage and valor of the bearer in the battlefield. It is a part of the regimental weaponry and heraldry of the Royal Gurkha Rifles. It is a part of many traditional rituals among different ethnic groups of Nepal, including one where the groom has to wear it during the wedding ceremony.
Uses
The blade’s distinctive forward drop is intended to act as a weight on the end of the blade and make the kukri fall on the target faster and with more power. Although a popular legend states that a Gurkha “never sheathes his blade without first drawing blood”, the kukri is most commonly employed as a multi-use utility tool rather like a machete. The kukri also has a religious significance in the Hindu religion of Nepal. During the annual Dashain festival kukris are ceremonially blessed.
For attacking, the kukri is most effective, as a chopping or slashing weapon, though it can be used for stabbing. In combat, the kukri is basically used in three different styles: stabbing with the point, slashing or chopping with the edge, and (rarely) throwing. Because it has an angular blade bending towards the opponent, the user need not create an angle in the wrist, which makes a kukri more comfortable as a stabbing weapon than other straight-bladed knives. Its heavy blade enables the user to inflict deep wounds and to cut through muscle and bone. Gurkhas were known for using the kukri to chop off an enemy soldier’s head with one stroke.
Utility
While most famed from use in the military, the kukri is most commonly used as a woodcutting and general purpose tool, and is a very common agricultural and household implement in Nepal. Its use has varied from building, clearing, chopping firewood, and digging to cutting meat and vegetables, skinning animals, and opening tins.

A Brief History of a Ghurka Kukri Knife Feature and Function

The word ghurka and kukri are two inseparable names; one cannot be said without other. Though in ancient time the knife was known as the ghurkas knife but at present, it is called kukri, khukuri or kukery. Actually, the spelling does not matter at all because it gains huge popularity all over the world. Since kukri is a kind of dagger that can be used as a knife, axe or machete means as a multipurpose tool.
As far as its popularity based on what it did in previous time and what is doing at present. Indeed in both cases the tool doing an unbelievable performance. While to some the knife may be just regarded as an odd looking knife. But in reality, the kukri is a knife that has inwardly curbed blade that looks unique and works excellent.
History of a kukri knife or ghurkas kukri knife
When we come across the history of kukri knife then we have to go back to the 17th century. At that time Gurkhaskingdom used it for chopping branches, cutting vegetable, meat, fish or digging holes and other household things. But the knife becomes a dreadful weapon when the Gurkhas soldiers gain a great victory over enemy during Anglo-Gorkha war. After the triumph, no Gurkha soldier goes ballets without a kukri. From that time the kukri regarded as a reputation and major part Of Gurkhas army and the Nepalese army.
Although there is some debated that where the kukri originated from. But no arguments exit that kukri belongs to Prithvi Narayan Shan the king of the Gorkha kingdom the kingdom of Nepal. One can still see the knife belonging to the Gurkha king at the museum in Kathmandu Nepal.
However, the kukri is not only a great weapon and use as Nepal military issue knife. But at the same time a big part of Nepal tradition such as wedding ceremony. In spite of Nepalese army, now a day the British, India, Singapore even the US army uses kukri as a frightful weapon.
The use of a kukri knife
The famous knife known as kukri is one of the most multifunction tools that ever created by human being. Famous as it is used as a dreadful weapon in the military sector across the worldwide. At the same time work as a versatile tool for a job like chopping, cutting, hiking, digging, slaughtering an animal, dressing fish and many more. The knife having an excellent quality for building and constructing whatever the object is.
Once more the knife can be also used for slashing or stab as it features like a small blade. In case of appreciating its versatile use you can easily figure out the knife has enough function that makes it useful. Comes under light weighed that makes it carryable and workable.
Construction of a kukri or gurkhas knife
At the point of construction the weapons made in very tactfully. The Nepalese formed it for all kind purpose whether as a weapon or household work. Though in a lapse of time the structure comes under modification but the real shape, size, weight, features almost remain same. Now a day not only Nepal but different country’s reputed brands made various kind of kukri assuming the ancient model.
However, the knives appeared in a verity of length and weight. Generally, modern manufacture estimated the size of a kukri between 14 to 18 inches. According to the size, the weigh is probably varied from 1 pound to 3 pounds.
Likewise the size the blade of a kukri made from a different material like carbon steel, stainless steel or other material. Kukri blade is always great that are similar to machete so that can use as a machete or knife...……..More if you want to learn CC

What you were saying CC?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What is Khukuri?
A Brief History of a Ghurka Kukri Knife Feature and Function
What you were saying CC?
There is a disciplined code around the use of a Kukri. It's more like a Samrai Sword than a Swiss Army Knife in that manner.

It was not designed to be used as a machete. It is meant to kill people, just as a hand gun is.
Let's see how many more chapters you can stretch out this bizarre justification for carrying hand guns.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
If you don't believe the links here is facts from the British museum
Artifact of the Month (British Kukri Knife)
Yes.

Read carefully.

The bolo machete is designed to cut dense vegetation.

The Swiss Army knife is designed to open cans of Vienna Sausage and to pull boot laces tight.

The Ghurka Kukri is first and foremost a weapon of war designed to lop off people's heads and limbs.
It can also do the above but those are it's secondary characterics.

The Kalashnikov is designed as an infantry weapon, meant to kill people.

The Glock is designed as an infantry weapon, meant to kill people at close range.

Do you detect any patterns? Having trouble sorting all that out?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yes.
Read carefully.
The bolo machete is designed to cut dense vegetation.
The Swiss Army knife is designed to open cans of Vienna Sausage and to pull boot laces tight.
The Ghurka Kukri is first and foremost a weapon of war designed to lop off people's heads and limbs.
It can also do the above but those are it's secondary characterics.
The Kalashnikov is designed as an infantry weapon, meant to kill people.
The Glock is designed as an infantry weapon, meant to kill people at close range.
Do you detect any patterns? Having trouble sorting all that out?

Yep you finally admitted that a Kukri can be used as a form of machete, just like we were discussing

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yep you finally admitted that a Kukri can be used as a form of machete, just like we were discussing
A kukri can be used as a tire iron if you're careful and you use the thick backside.

Therefore, a Kukri is a tire iron and not a weapon that was specifically designed to remove human appendages.

Righty-oh.