Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Colt is suspending the manufacture of AR15s for the civilian market.

But only because the sales are not up to snuff.

After pumping millions of these ridiculous weapons which have no civilian purpose onto the market Colt has found out that there is a limited number of people who want one and pretty much all of them have one or a cheaper alternative.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Colt is suspending the manufacture of AR15s for the civilian market.
But only because the sales are not up to snuff.
After pumping millions of these ridiculous weapons which have no civilian purpose onto the market Colt has found out that there is a limited number of people who want one and pretty much all of them have one or a cheaper alternative.
Proooooooogs

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Well there it is, Trudeau has finally announced his intent to ban semi-auto rifles. I guess he needed to announce something contraversial to take some of the pressure off that he has encountered recently.

Trudeau promises to prohibit semi-automatic "assault rifles"

It will be interesting to see what they define as an assault rifle, as the term currently has no cohesive definition. Will the determining charicteristics for prohibited status be based on calibre? Colour?? Wood/composite stock? Or will it just be a blanket ban on all center fire carbine rifles?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The assault weapon ban is a no-brainer as is allowing cities to ban handguns.

Both of these policies are clearly supported by the majority

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
in related news the Trump party has decided that States Rights aren't a thing anymore.

California will no longer be allowed to determine emissions standards

They will have to follow federal rules.

It will be interesting to watch these idjits argue about it

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Pick one up at a Value Village in Tayeksus?
Nah, get one right here in Maryland. Like maybe the Radical Firearms AR-15 for 600 bucks. . .

. . . as opposed to a Colt AR-15, about 900-1400.

You do understand, I hope, that Maryland has an "assault weapons ban" in place, which is so shot full of holes I had no problem buying this Kel-Tec RDB 5.56 mm bullpup, because it is not an AR-15. . .

or this Diamondback 7.62 mm AR-10, which is not an AR-15.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Nah, get one right here in Maryland. Like maybe the Radical Firearms AR-15 for 600 bucks. . .

. . . as opposed to a Colt AR-15, about 900-1400.
You do understand, I hope, that Maryland has an "assault weapons ban" in place, which is so shot full of holes I had no problem buying this Kel-Tec RDB 5.56 mm bullpup, because it is not an AR-15. . .

or this Diamondback 7.62 mm AR-10, which is not an AR-15.
One of the two big political parties here want to ban those.

The "sports hunters" are all in a tizzy. My real hunter family own none of that shyte.

I guess that they're not real hunters. They have to make a clean shot through the deer's heart, not shred it to pieces with bursts of tumbling rounds.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
One of the two big political parties here want to ban those.
The "sports hunters" are all in a tizzy. My real hunter family own none of that shyte.
I guess that they're not real hunters. They have to make a clean shot through the deer's heart, not shred it to pieces with bursts of tumbling rounds.
But. . . but. . . what if I'm attacked by a herd of caribou?