Gun Control is Completely Useless.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Either the ownership papers were transfered and said transfer was registered, or you owned them illegally. The fact that you may have broken the law and got away with it is in no way proof that the law does not exist. The legislation I posted is quite clear that all motor vehicles must be registered.

Only if you want or need to prove ownership, look at the link you posted yourself, it also includes farm tractors, things that don't need to be registered in other provinces.

If you want to try to deny the legitimacy of the legislation, feel free. Criminal.

You might want to know that what you quote are Provincial Statutes, they may not apply in other provinces. As for referring to me as a criminal, first one would violate the criminal code, this is not contained in the Criminal Code of Canada, there is a big difference.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I'm not fond of the prospect of being peppered with .22 shorts either, but it's not as bad as being airconditioned by a .50 Desert Eagle or even a .38 Python. lol

I'm reminded of a time when I was firefighting in Northern Alberta and a bear was menacing our camp. I offered the use of my 30.06, (which I always kept with me, flying and sleeping), the crew that stayed behind said they'd see after I got back from fire patrol. 2 hours later, when I got back, the bear had already been dispatched and slung deep into the bush and dropped, the only other firearm at the camp was a .22, which is what they used. It took about 12 shots to bring it down, but it did bring it down.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I'm reminded of a time when I was firefighting in Northern Alberta and a bear was menacing our camp. I offered the use of my 30.06, (which I always kept with me, flying and sleeping), the crew that stayed behind said they'd see after I got back from fire patrol. 2 hours later, when I got back, the bear had already been dispatched and slung deep into the bush and dropped, the only other firearm at the camp was a .22, which is what they used. It took about 12 shots to bring it down, but it did bring it down.
I suppose it's possible to do with a stick, too, but the 30.06 would have been more humane.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Well, these are a group of folks some of whom hunted wood bison with 30.30's when nothing bigger was available to them. They had a few interesting stories to tell, to be sure.
I can imagine. We have a Winchester carbine in 30-30. One has to get pretty close to have any sort of accuracy (open sights fat lead, low power, short barrel, and all that). My ancestors used to do that with spears and arrows. lol
Still not very humane to down a bear with a .22

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I would like to know who on my street own guns with the gun registry I could.

I would like to know how much money each of my neighbours earn, which one's are having affairs, who their friends are, how sexually active they are with those friends, etc. When Wendy Cukier will tell us these things about herself, and come clean about how much her group got from the Chretien government I might feel better about sharing some of my secrets, 'till then it's none of yours, hers, or anybody else's business.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I can imagine. We have a Winchester carbine in 30-30. One has to get pretty close to have any sort of accuracy (open sights fat lead, low power, short barrel, and all that). My ancestors used to do that with spears and arrows. lol
Still not very humane to down a bear with a .22

I guess they used what they had when the opportunity arose, a bear in a fire camp is about as welcome Perez Hilton at a caucus meeting. I unknowingly crossed paths with it on my to the crapper at about 5:30 that morning, the next guy going in there stepped in bear crap after I got back to the tent.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Yet the British constitution recognizes rights as existing naturally, before the advent of the Bill of Rights....indeed, it refers to them as "ancient" rights....the right to bear arms being one of those.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
"An armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man is a subject."
Anon.
All very nice until you consider that most North Americans are too ignorant and immature to be trusted with one. When I was a kid on the farm, I saw a car pull into the neighbours farm to ask permission to hunt on his property. Two guys got out of the car to talk to the farmer. Then all of a sudden there was a loud bang and the car roof burst open and blood shot up into the air. It seems those idiots left loaded rifles and shot guns in the back seat with two little children. The little boy accidentally blew his sister's brains out through the roof.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
All very nice until you consider that most North Americans are too ignorant and immature to be trusted with one. When I was a kid on the farm, I saw a car pull into the neighbours farm to ask permission to hunt on his property. Two guys got out of the car to talk to the farmer. Then all of a sudden there was a loud bang and the car roof burst open and blood shot up into the air. It seems those idiots left loaded rifles and shot guns in the back seat with two little children. The little boy accidentally blew his sister's brains out through the roof.

These guys were idiots, and idiots will kill themselves or others with cars, tools, electric appliance, etc....

Tragic, yes....but accidents happen.

There is no freedom without risk.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yup. Stupidity kills. Life kills in all kinds of ways.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
<H1>RCMP criticized for disclosing gun-registry info

By Janice Tibbetts, Canwest News ServiceSeptember 25, 2009

Public Safety Minister Peter Van Loan has asked the federal privacy commissioner to investigate whether the RCMP abused the personal information of gun owners by handing their names over to a pollster to use for a survey.
"This use of long-gun owners' personal information was offensive and inappropriate," Van Loan said in a statement Thursday.
The Conservatives have pledged for years to abolish the contentious long-gun registry for rifles and shotguns, created by the former Liberal government as part of a 1995 gun-control package passed in the wake of the Montreal massacre, in which 14 women were shot dead.
Van Loan seized on the RCMP's move as evidence that the fears of gun owners -- that their personal information would be abused -- has come to fruition.
"Conservatives and law-abiding Canadians have consistently warned the Liberals that the long-gun registry would be misused in this manner," he said.
Van Loan added that the government still intends to kill the registry. A bill was reintroduced earlier this year after it died in the last Parliament. Police and victims' groups support the registry.
Van Loan's spokesperson, Chris McCluskey, confirmed the minister asked the federal privacy commissioner to investigate, after learning the RCMP had given information on gun owners to the polling firm EKOS, so it could conduct a survey. The poll was commissioned by the RCMP to measure public satisfaction with gun control.
Van Loan said the ministry was not consulted about conducting the poll -- and it would never have approved it.
A spokesperson for the office of Privacy Commissioner Jennifer Stoddart said it does not appear "on the surface" that the Mounties violated the Privacy Act.
"This would not necessarily be considered a disclosure of personal information under the act, because the research firm is considered an 'agent' of the RCMP," Anne-Marie Hayden wrote in an e-mail.
The contractor, in this case EKOS, would have the same obligations for protecting personal information as the department that commissioned the work, she said.
"All that said, however, we have not had an opportunity to examine this issue in depth."
Hayden said the office found out about the issue through an inquiry from an unspecified MP's office.
She said the privacy commissioner's office has contacted the RCMP for more information.
</H1>
Wonderful. Our info is soooo secure in the hands of the gun control bureaucrats. :-(

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Last I heard was that the rank & file RCMP weren't terribly ambitious about gun control, but their brass was. Perhaps EKOS should do a survey amongst the RCMP. As it sits. the records seem to be in a bit of disarray so a cop may not be getting correct info when he/she requests it. Not only that, a lot of people registered whatever they had that might remotely LOOK like a firearm; peashooters, waterpistols, cap guns, hair blowers, etc.
It was funny when the gun-control geniuses in Ottawa registered a hair dryer as a firearm. It was funny when they registered an electric soldering gun as a firearm. It was not so funny when they registered three pump-action shotguns and a 9-mm pistol to Canada's most infamous gangster. That would be Maurice "Mom" Boucher, the Montreal biker boss who was put away last week for ordering the murders of two prison guards. Boucher was leader of the Montreal-based Hells Angels chapter blamed for Quebec's bloody biker wars.
Saskatoon Star, May,2002