Gov't will reimburse $15 for breakfast, $16 for lunch & $30 for dinner per refugee

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Re: Gov't will reimburse $15 for breakfast, $16 for lunch & $30 for dinner per refuge

How much did we pay to make them refugees again?
I would have though a good tourist board add campaign would have been far cheaper and much more effective
gotta keep the occupancy rates up in off seasons and all

and for the price one could feed a damn familly
of 16
well

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Re: Gov't will reimburse $15 for breakfast, $16 for lunch & $30 for dinner per refuge

I am normally a very generous, giving person. However I have had enough about Canadians being such a giving, loving people who would give a penguin the shirts off their backs, whether they needed it or not. I don't know what the temperature is where you live, but where I live it is supposed to get below -20 Thursday night. That means that the people who have no where to live, still have no where to live. I saw a clip on CTV where these refugees were being taught to knit. Give them a couple of bucks and go to Dollarama. I think this whole refugee thing is going to explode in our faces. God bless Trudeau and the people who made the decision for us to show how to help others while forgetting those who are living in your back.
i think you are getting too worked up,you should try not to think so hard about things you have no control over.
your health,mental and physcial is at issure here,we would not want to lose one of our precious forum contributers like you frankie,
its time, there's no better time then now to turn off your t.v and either do nothing or get off that couch and start giving back,as your advisor or if i was,I would say you need to start getting off your couch,for your health.
you are sounding exhausted!

That would be living pretty "high on the hog" here in Vernon, as one who frequents restaurants quite a bit, I could do quite well on $8, $12 and $15.:)
i would take the cash and buy myself a hotplate!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

What they are to sleep in tents of course it is going to cost money
Most Canadians actually approve of what the government is doing

You might be surprized at how many are totally against the whole process.

$15, 16 & 30! We have never spent $15.00 for two of us for breakfast out. Not ever. Lunch out runs about $20 - 25 total for two of us. Probably lots of you think nothing of $30.00 for dinner. We're on a fixed income. We do not order $30.00 each dinners out. Do we spend fifty to sixty at dinner out? Sometimes we do. Hubby likes a beer or two and/or sometimes we order dessert. One dessert. This food allotment is obscene.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Are they at least getting air miles, or Wyndham Rewards or something/ anything for all this crap?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

What they are to sleep in tents of course it is going to cost money
Most Canadians actually approve of what the government is doing

Sure doesn't make it right. Restaurants are generally the most unhealthy place to eat, but at one of the most healthy (Subway) one can eat well for about 1/3 of that allotment.:)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Feed them beans.

No, just feed them the same as average Canadians eat and any normal human being deserves to be fed...........................an adequate and healthy diet.

You might be surprized at how many are totally against the whole process.

I certainly was at first and still am to a much lesser degree. These people deserve a little compassion from the richest country in the world, as many of these cases are worse than our own worse cases. I think there is room for compromise.............spend half of what they are allotting on the refugees and spend the other half improving the lot of our own worse cases. To help subsidize the situation bring in some professionals in whatever fields we have a shortage so they can go to work immediately and start contributing some badly needed tax money.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

What I can't seem to get is why those that whine about the cost of caring for the refugees, didn't whine about the cost of making them.

ON TARGET: Canadian bombing mission against ISIS misfires | The Chronicle Herald

Paying millions to feed people bad.

Paying billions to drop bombs on them good.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Feeding people to get votes - bad.

Opening mouth before thinking to get votes - bad

Open yap, stop bombing raids to get votes and look like a chickenhawk - bad.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Feeding people to get votes - bad.

Opening mouth before thinking to get votes - bad

Being sour because you blindly support one guy which leads to the inevitable pendulum swing back to the other guy.

Priceless.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I don't Mulcair. Do you?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

I don't know why you fiscal conservatives are so concerned about spending $61 per day on food, that is only $1830 per month per refugee. Even refugees deserve to eat well.
Are you high? Actual Canadians on disability don't get that much to LIVE on, let alone just for food.
My neighbours are on disability. They get a whopping $1670/mo total for the two of them and their rent is $900/mo which is cheap around here. That leaves them a grand total of $760/mo for food, transportation and various sundries.

But I guess these particular refugees deserve to live and eat better than disabled Canadians.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I don't know why you fiscal conservatives are so concerned about spending $61 per day on food, that is only $1830 per month per refugee. Even refugees deserve to eat well.

I'm not sure which planet you are from, but sorry, I have to totally disagree! :)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

It was because the targets aid ISIS rather than hurt then.
Quit a campaign based only on lies, good, very, very good.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

This is for room service price (no tipping), unless you want them wandering around the place with money in their pockets.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

If anybody would know it would be Pete.
Teach them how to make bannock.
Let them teach the poor how to get along in the equal to a refugee camp.
In exchange they can give talks to the ones still on Reservations about how good a Reservation is compared to the war zones and refugee camps. In all likely-hood they may fine more similarities than differences.