God's Verdict According To Harper Is More Important Than the Judgement Of Historians

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
STEVE..Steve firstly, ya have to remember that history is written by the winners.....then ya have t' prove doG exists....... :lol:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yup! Wez cool. Most of my friends are wingnuts and belong to Terra Pondera, the Nakusp Mental Health and Addictions Clubhouse. It is people who think that they are "normal" who worry me.

If you are going to break down christianity to its core, you would have to disregard everything except what Jesus had to say. All the rest of the stuff, especially the crap spewed by Paul, is what creates religion.

Cliffy: Does one have to live beyond Hope to join or can Islanders get associate membership? My wife tells me I'm not normal all the time but then both me and here parents are sure she came from a semi parallel dimension.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy: Does one have to live beyond Hope to join or can Islanders get associate membership? My wife tells me I'm not normal all the time but then both me and here parents are sure she came from a semi parallel dimension.
Sorry. I can't even get membership and I helped set it up. They say my certification has lapsed because I haven't been to see my shrink in too many years. It really is bizarre when the ministry of crazy thinks you're sane.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Why not? Hasn't God been misrepresented long enough? To clarify, Catholic people are Christian, Catholicism(stereotyping God) is not Christian. Thats religion.

Not quite I'm afraid. A christian is a person believes in God and Jesus Christ. PERIOD. What good is a death bed confession if you didn't follow the ten commandments.? Not to mention, the ten commandments is how your SUPPOSE act anyway, regardless if your a believer or not. Make no mistake about it, the Pagans know your suppose to follow the ten commandments, even if they break them repeatedly. Their moral code still tells them its wrong.

Granted that's how it looks. But realistically, no one is truly "good". ALL people, whether your a fanatic or an occasional white liar, fall short of holy and thats why its so important to walk thru that door.
Of course no one is truly good all the time. But we're mostly good meaning we do not commit horrendous crimes, we know it's wrong to steal and cheat and all other such deeds and we do not do them. Do we lie and tell people they look wonderful in what they are wearing when in truth they don't look so good? We do, but what is the better thing to do? Maybe what we see as horrible is pure beauty to someone else so it's not in our best interests to pass on our truth. I'm talking about those times when a person who is obviously pleased with their new clothes purchase and asks what we think of it. This is not a time you can refrain from an answer. It's a little like our belief in God. We can believe what we want but we should not push our beliefs onto others. God knows our beliefs and He's the only one who counts in that belief department. You are not going to change people into christians in a forum. You are simply going to bring out their wrath and give them the opportunity to tell you that God does not exist in their opinion. You can show better faith by not opening that door.
Your explanation doesn't seem to hold true with the dictionary's.
Ca·thol·i·cism
(k
à tholÆà sizÅÃm),
n.
1. the faith, system, and practice of the Catholic Church, esp. the Roman Catholic Church.
2. (l.c.) catholicity.
[1600–10; CATHOLIC + -ISM]

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
We can believe what we want but we should not push our beliefs onto others.

We're not to push, but rather make loud and clear. And since all humans without Jesus are lost - its urgent.

You are not going to change people into christians in a forum.

I can plant seeds, possible make someone reexamine but for the most part I practice here for the day when the atheists organize and someone needs to debate the crap out of them. ;-)

You are simply going to bring out their wrath and give them the opportunity to tell you that God does not exist in their opinion. You can show better faith by not opening that door.

I think I'll stick with loud and clear, but thank you. Its called apologetics. Defending the good faith.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I wonder what makes people think that their particular faith is the only valid one.

If there are gods that actually pay any attention to the petty goings on in the lives of humans, they're no doubt laughing their heads off (if they have such appendages) about which one of them is the real god and which one isn't. lmao

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I wonder what makes people think that their particular faith is the only valid one.

At least remember that one viewpoint, even if its atheism IS valid, because one of these viewpoints is correct. Either God exists or he doesn't.

If there are gods that actually pay any attention to the petty goings on in the lives of humans, they're no doubt laughing their heads off (if they have such appendages) about which one of them is the real god and which one isn't. lmao

Would a creator not care for his creation? He's not like how you described. Thats one of the ways he is misinterpreted. If you wish to find out what God is like simply find out by asking him. He said he was right here right? Challenge it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
At least remember that one viewpoint, even if its atheism IS valid, because one of these viewpoints is correct. Either God exists or he doesn't.

Would a creator not care for his creation? He's not like how you described. Thats one of the ways he is misinterpreted. If you wish to find out what God is like simply find out by asking him. He said he was right here right? Challenge it.
I believe my hubby has an open challenge and is still waiting for a reply. I read that Dexter has one, too.
Personally, I think that if there are gods, we would not know it, we would not know anything about them, and they are completely indifferent as to what goes on here on Earth. You asked why would a creator not care about its creation. Well, this one of yours must have an odd way of caring for Earth and its contents because the planet is a mess and people are twisted.

Last edited:

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
You'll never win that one. The Force may be with you, but the weight of evidence and logic is with us.:smile:

:lol: I'm sure your not surprised that I'm the one who feels he has the weight of evidence and logic. Perhaps I would be more convincing live. We'll just have to wait till you knuckleheads organize a debate to end all debates.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
:lol: I'm sure your not surprised that I'm the one who feels he has the weight of evidence and logic. Perhaps I would be more convincing live. We'll just have to wait till you knuckleheads organize a debate to end all debates.
You really are a knucklehead. There is no evidence and your brand of belief is completely illogical. Like I said, your view of god and Jesus is Disneyesque at best. And your arrogance and self righteousness is beyond belief. Your debating skills are unconvincing because of your circular arguments. Anybody with more than three brain cells would not fall for your gibberish.

I'm beginning to think that i like you because you remind me of the court jester and I like them. The fool always seems to land on his feet and somehow manages to hang onto his head. You base your whole life on a work of fiction and then look down on everybody who doesn't believe it is real. You funny guy!

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
According to a media report Prime Minister Stephen Harper is more concerned with "God's verdict" than he is with what historians will ultimately say about his government.

Well it was a pretty damn poor job of representing God's interests, not to mention Canada's. By all the evidence Harper can't even be called a real conservative. He is a Neo-conservative, a bastardized, illegitimate offshoot of conservatism that gives lip service to social conservative principles, but in reality cares nothing about them.

They are simply used as device to hold together a political demographic, while the entire concentration and political impulse of the government is towards radical Free Market economic liberalism.

Abortion, embryonic stem cell research, homosexual affirmation with all their caustic and disassembling effects on the Canadian nation have all made advances under his government, and he really couldn't care less.

Any real conservative knows that.. classic free market liberal (or libertarian) economics.. Free Trade, Monetarism, deregulation and privatization, rule by financial institutions and the global investment organism.. is an athema to conservative economic principles which always stress the Nation and responsible, peace, order and good governance over rampant, stampeding Capitalism.

Harper is a dullard and a phony, and i expect he'll get tossed out on his ear in the autumn, even if only by another equally corrosive minority government which represents no real alternative.. and will leave absolutely nothing but economic and social turmoil in his wake.

Last edited:

strange

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2009
Toronto
I don't really get the point. Harper's never suggested that he wasn't a Christian so this makes perfect sense.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Steve will be judged by his inability to think rationally.

YouTube - Proving that nobody can get into heaven

Very funny video. I went to the website godisimaginary.com and read how Jesus is a jerk because he is a thief. He told his cronies to take one, and there is no record of them paying for it or giving it back. The old, "i'll just be using it for a minute ruse." Taking advantage of trustworthy people.