God will save us from climate change: U.S. Representative

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
These people are not hinged correctly, I know some of them and you would be surprised
what else they believe. For Yukon Jack, I don't believe the Evangelical Lines of crap any
more than I believe the far left Utopian ideas there will be enough pie for everyone and we
will all be happy. Someone said what about our friend Stockwell Day. This individual
believe all kinds of things and ran with a very strange crowd in the days of the church in
Bentley Alberta. Sock was into the church and the little school they ran there, I am really
surprised he has overcome and survived in the mainstream of political society. Unfortunately
Many Americans have not taken the blinder off any more than the people of Islam. They
blindly hold onto to something without looking for any clues as to what reality holds. No I am
not an non believer either, I just know when its out of hand, when the BS is so pronounced
you can smell it as well as hear it that is the difference

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Seriously does anyone really think we can stop climate change? Some sort of divine or just plain intervention by some alien entity as yet unknown is the only thing that can stop climate change.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The climate is becoming more dangerous to humans because Momma is pissed. Nothing short of a halt in the rape and pillage of the planet will avert disaster.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Seriously does anyone really think we can stop climate change? Some sort of divine or just plain intervention by some alien entity as yet unknown is the only thing that can stop climate change.

Absolutely. We have a pretty good record on responding to environmental crises. I think we handled ozone depletion pretty well, as the conservation of some endangered species.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
U.S. Representative John Shimkus, possible future chairman of the Congressional committee that deals with energy and its attendant environmental concerns, believes that climate change should not concern us since God has already promised not to destroy the Earth.

Shimkus, an evangelical Christian and a Republican member of the House from Illinois, on Tuesday signalled his desire to become chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

The Energy and Commerce committee is among the most powerful in the U.S. Congress, with a wide-ranging purview over legislation touching on energy policy, environmental initiatives and public health.

Shimkus already serves on the committee. During a hearing in 2009, he dismissed the dangers of climate change and the warnings of the scientific community by quoting the Bible.

First, he noted God’s post-Flood promise to Noah in Genesis 8:21-22.

Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though all inclinations of his heart are evil from childhood and never again will I destroy all living creatures as I have done.

“As long as the earth endures, seed time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, will never cease.”
“I believe that’s the infallible word of God, and that’s the way it’s going to be for his creation,” Shimkus said.

Then he quoted Matthew 24:31.
And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds from one end of the heavens to the other.”

“The Earth will end only when God declares it’s time to be over. Man will not destroy this Earth. This Earth will not be destroyed by a Flood,” Shimkus asserted. “I do believe that God’s word is infallible, unchanging, perfect.”

Following the Republican wave in the recent Congressional elections, the committee will shift from Democratic to Republican leadership.

On Tuesday, Shimkus sent a letter to his colleagues burnishing his credentials by saying he is “uniquely qualified among a group of talented contenders to lead the Energy and Commerce Committee.”

God will save us from climate change: U.S. Representative - thestar.com

What was that about being condescending again?

oh my, another Nut has been let loose in the White House! run for your lives!!

Skatchie

Time Out
Sep 24, 2010
Assiniboia
Religious views being said in any way in government should be unequivocally illegal. It's just so stupid. That being said, most enviro nuts are religious zealots int heir own right believing in the Earth. Gaya or whatever they call it. They should be outlawed as well.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Religious views being said in any way in government should be unequivocally illegal. It's just so stupid. That being said, most enviro nuts are religious zealots int heir own right believing in the Earth. Gaya or whatever they call it. They should be outlawed as well.
I guess anybody who disagrees with your point of view (or mine) should be outlawed, then, Eh!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I thought all things on the table make up the total discussion. Just because I disagree with someone
does not mean I think they are a bigot, it just means I don't agree. We have a complex issue, the
mere thought of climate change. We as humans think we can find a magic bullet and stop it somehow.
Just how arrogant are we? Climate change is an ongoing event that has come and gone throughout
history, The current climate change has been happening all along and are just seeing the real effect
now. To think we are going to make great strides in the reversal of the inevitable is not realistic.
Secondly, to think some ultra life force is going to come and save our planet is equally in my view a
stretch at best. Faith is one thing but proclaiming that God will do this or that is a stretch.
I have faith in a lot of things, I just don't have a lot of faith in the human race that we can agree long
enough on anything to deal with the issues of climate change and most importantly, how we are going
to adjust to it. On the other hand I can't muster enough faith to believe God is actually going to intervene
in this issue. I mean if we were to have regular visits to clean up the issues of starvation, and war,
maybe there would be some basis for that argument. I go back to faith in mankind, even a believer like
JFK said ON this earth God's work must truly be our own.
We can't stop climate change but we can do things to adjust so mankind can continue in the face of the
disasters that would result from it. We are trying to deal with the symptoms of a problem and somehow
we are doing what we always do, we ignore the problem, and the potential mutual solutions that will
ensure our survival on the planet.
We also argue like hell with one another over whether or not there is a God, which I find pointless because
there is no definitive answer either way that will satisfy one side or another. Funny both sides use the same
belief, I have faith there is a God. I have faith there is no God. Let me know when there is a breakthrough.
I don't see a problem with people believing there is something bigger than themselves it helps them to live
their lives with hope. I see no problem with others believing there is nothing out there except all the other
climates we have destroyed before and we are our own vision of God. What ever makes you happy, but to
proclaim it from the political pulpit, to the masses, is lets face it inviting ridicule from some.