God Wants Americans To Be Rich

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
GOP lawmaker: The Bible says ‘if a man will not work, he shall not eat’

One lawmaker is citing a godly reference to justify changes to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Rep. Jodey Arrington (R-Tex.) recently quoted the New Testament to question the strength of current work requirements.

The biblical passage, 2 Thessalonians 3-10, was a rebuttal to one of the hearing’s expert witnesses, a representative of the Jewish anti-hunger group MAZON. It is also a familiar refrain to anyone who has watched past debates about SNAP.

House Republicans have historically cited the verse — “if a man will not work, he shall not eat” — as justification for cutting some adults’ SNAP benefits. Arrington referenced the verse in a discussion about increasing the work requirements for unemployed adults on the food stamp program. But critics say that advances a pernicious myth about the unemployed who receive SNAP.

But policy experts say that is not the case. Many unemployed adults on SNAP simply cannot work, they say. Those include the mentally ill, the borderline disabled and veterans.

The debate comes at a time of increased Republican concern about work requirements and welfare programs. The failed Republican repeal-and-replace health-care plan included such requirements for Medicaid recipients; House Speaker Paul D. Ryan also championed them. And earlier this week, Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-Wis.) introduced a bill that would prevent the secretary of agriculture from granting temporary SNAP work-requirement waivers to states with high rates of unemployment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...r-the-bible-says-the-unemployed-shall-not-eat

Why don't these conservative Christians cite these passages...........

Luke 14:12-14 He said also to the one who had invited him, “When you give a luncheon or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, in case they may invite you in return, and you would be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind. And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you, for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”
Or this one?
Matthew 25:34-36 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, “Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.”
Or follow this piece of advice.
Mark 10:21-22 Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, “You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.” When he heard this, he was shocked and went away grieving, for he had many possessions.

Matthew 19:21

All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?” 21Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.” 22When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.…
Being a tax payer instead of a tax user I am OK with that one. Except for those that are either physically or mentally incapable of working. Workfare is much better than welfare.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I have seeen workers in wheel chairs at Walmart but those jobs are few and far between.

I once worked on an airport paving job and the government inspector was in a wheel chair. Wasn't physically capable of doing the job but then it is government.

No reason why a person in a wheel chair can't be a bean counter. Or almost any office job for that matter.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I spent three months in a whell chair a while ago, shute problem two broken ankles I was stuck in the office in a corner to regenerate viable biomass, some days there was sun baths

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Luke 19:29-34 "[Jesus] sent two of his disciples, Saying, Go ye into the village . . . ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither. And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him. . . . And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said unto them, Why loose ye the colt? And they said, The Lord hath need of him."
Did Jesus steal the donkey?

there is getting rich and there is getting rich
;)
explains why jebus was well hung

Obama Stuttering
[youtube]tjjuE1TtKjo[/youtube]
america loves a hoarse thief

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Jesus is not coming back to save us this time if we are to stupid to do the work, the dynosaurs can rule again , the planet could care less.
This planets been good to me, it will decide and I will obey the lord of this world.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
yup.
the whole exterior savior thing is the biggest hoex[sic] ever

If the world has things for you to do, you will be fine
If it doesn't, you will also be fine
:)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
yup.
the whole exterior savior thing is the biggest hoex[sic] ever

If the world has things for you to do, you will be fine
If it doesn't, you will also be fine
:)
Exactly. you can't possibhly fuk that up sid back and obhey everthing will be ok but there will be a short intermission known as the end haha it never ends in this valley for those seekers, I guess