God Lost The Exclusive Rights To Make Man

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
my reply was to a poster(as in picture...graphic) that Ron had posted and then deleted after my reply was made.......

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Who freakin cares?
When humans create humans (other than by the traditional method) I hope we do a better job than the gods did. We have pretty good brains (when we use them), but teeth, eyes, and a couple specific joints could use an awful lot of improvements. How our muscles attach to our bones is kind of ludicrous, too. This glitch is why we aren't as strong as critters a fraction of our size.

Downhome_Woman

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2008
Ontariariario
Who freakin cares?
When humans create humans (other than by the traditional method) I hope we do a better job than the gods did. We have pretty good brains (when we use them), but teeth, eyes, and a couple specific joints could use an awful lot of improvements. How our muscles attach to our bones is kind of ludicrous, too. This glitch is why we aren't as strong as critters a fraction of our size.
when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter who or what created us, in the end all that matters is what we do with what we have been given.I grew up in a household with people around me. I look like I do - warts and all. I have a brain. I choose to use my attributes as I will - I can't blame anyone else for my choices - I can't blame a deity, I can't blame other people. I've been given advantages and obstacles - it's MY choice how I react to them.
I don't know if there is a 'god' that created me. My gut tells me that there is something bigger than myself. But my gut also tells me that whatever it is, created me with the ability to make either good or bad choices. AS a parent, there comes a time when you make yourself stand back and allow your children to succeed and to fail. It's tough and it's heart wrenching at times, but it's the best thing you can do for them.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Well, I pretty much agree. I was trying to lighten the issue up a little. :D Either way, evolution says we should be developing for the better. :D If we can cheat evolution, we will have a choice.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This what happens when you remove part of your post Ron and leave my reply intact. The idiots start jerkin my ass.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
two then four& on & on. What do you get?

More bacteria! They synthetically made a genome which could be transplanted into another bacterium. They choose bacteria with obvious good reasons. Compare a bacterial genome which can be as small as 12,000 base pairs,to a human which requires 3 Billion.

ETA: I saw the link you supplied Anna. I'm in agreement completely with those calling the hype on the medias part here. A decade to copy what nature did in the lab with stepwise chemical reactions, to get a simple genome, let along a large and complex genome... At that pace, it would take generations of scientists to do the same thing for a human, assuming that they use an ovum.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
More bacteria! They synthetically made a genome which could be transplanted into another bacterium. They choose bacteria with obvious good reasons. Compare a bacterial genome which can be as small as 12,000 base pairs,to a human which requires 3 Billion.

ETA: I saw the link you supplied Anna. I'm in agreement completely with those calling the hype on the medias part here. A decade to copy what nature did in the lab with stepwise chemical reactions, to get a simple genome, let along a large and complex genome... At that pace, it would take generations of scientists to do the same thing for a human, assuming that they use an ovum.
Yup. In spite of that though, it's like you said; another step forward.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Liberalman
Please explain how God lost what he had given man when he created him - free will - leads to discovery - So how did God lose what he had already planned for.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Liberalman
Please explain how God lost what he had given man when he created him - free will - leads to discovery - So how did God lose what he had already planned for.
So this god planned that humans would piss it off a lot? I thought so.

ThomasJoseph

May 25, 2010
Liberalman- this is in regards to your main post.
Man has achieved nothing! He did not create that cell, he managed to allow it to multiply under contained circumstances. I see no man walking about of this construction, and there never will be.
Should God retire, the universe goes with him. Perhaps you should understand religion. God is everything.
This is not a testament to DNA, since it was not a DNA they used to replicate the cell int eh first place. It was another living human cell!

When you understand that you've blasphemed for believing this arrogant thread you might find redemption for this sin you cast upon your own mind, filling your head with devils.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Man has achieved nothing! He did not create that cell, he managed to allow it to multiply under contained circumstances. I see no man walking about of this construction, and there never will be.
Should God retire, the universe goes with him. Perhaps you should understand religion. God is everything.
This is not a testament to DNA, since it was not a DNA they used to replicate the cell int eh first place. It was another living human cell!

When you understand that you've blasphemed for believing this arrogant thread you might find redemption for this sin you cast upon your own mind, filling your head with devils.
It would seem that you are the one whose head is filled with devils. If you believe in them, you create them. Satan is alive and doing well in Christianity and Islam. For those who do not believe, such beings can have no power. They do not exist, they have no influence. But you my poor fellow, are filled with them.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

No, this is most definitely a testament to DNA. The DNA was made entirely by humans, from scratch. A series of chemical pathways which took the building blocks of life, nucleotides, and arranged them in order to make a complete genome for a bacteria. It was not a human cell. It was a bacterium.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Liberalman

Up until now God was the only one to do this in time Man will do the same so God will be redundant and you know what society like to do with redundancy.

ThomasJoseph

May 25, 2010
It would seem that you are the one whose head is filled with devils. If you believe in them, you create them. Satan is alive and doing well in Christianity and Islam. For those who do not believe, such beings can have no power. They do not exist, they have no influence. But you my poor fellow, are filled with them.

Maybe you've never read the bible. Devil's are not beings as you say. They are the essence of impure thoughts which manipulate and prevent you from making the right decisions based on greedy or other sinful desire and choice.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

One of God's claim to fame was to create life so God held the power of superiority.

This is now moot Man has the same ability and in time Man will outperform God at the same time Churches will fall because money will stop flowing to them.

I am sure that religions will try to stop this development citing ethical concerns but they will fail at the end.

Religions can redefine themselves and work on the human psyche to help society to remain peaceful

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
God Lost The Exclusive Rights To Make Man

A week ago the earth shattering news broke for all to see “Man Manufactures Biological Cells”

God left the security backdoor open and the creation of life forms fell into the science community for evolution to start on a different course.

It’s time for God to retire and God can help the human psyche.

Religion will not die just get redefined.

This is a testament to the validity of D.N.A. and this will be society’s new map of the future or man’s new Bible.

Hang on because the ride is just starting to go into full speed and humans as we know it now will change forever.
People are so gullible these days, do you see the lengths He is going to just to make sure dirt is the way He intended? Perhaps you might want to firstly gather the 'materials. that are separate from the list in Ge:1 and then you (they) can go to someplace outside the places mentioned in Ge:1. So basically before you can 'create' something you have to be using your own 'dust'. Good luck with that.

Man has the same ability and in time Man will outperform God at the same time
Is that the same 'time' created by God in Ge:1, why not use a new time for the new creation?

Satan is alive and doing well in Christianity and Islam. For those who do not believe, such beings can have no power. They do not exist, they have no influence. But you my poor fellow, are filled with them.
You forgot somebody, Satan was also taking possession of Jesus's people. Atheists can find lots of reasons to make life miserable for people, persecution (hatred with violence) is manifest in all segments of society. In the West the 'taming of the Beast within' is done through 'sports' a trillion dollar industry where aggression and 'beating a foe' is regarded in the highest of rewards from a material world.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Maybe you've never read the bible. Devil's are not beings as you say. They are the essence of impure thoughts which manipulate and prevent you from making the right decisions based on greedy or other sinful desire and choice.

The only person/thing that prevents one from making the right decision is man himself, as was/is in Gods design. It's called free will.

ThomasJoseph

May 25, 2010
And yet you refuse to see Technology was man's decision. And it has destroyed his faith, heart and world. Where did that snake slither of too? I think he's sleeping under your cleanly swept and furnished house.