Germany: Snubbing Obama?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
How do you come on that idea? The C-Party's go along with Mc Cain and the Social Democrats go along with Obama. That's traditional transatlantic partnership. The C in conservative parties has only the term "christian" in common with a certain religion. It's a PR trick to insinuate, they are the party of the majority. But at the moment we have a great coalition of both parties in government. What about a great coalition in the USA between Republicans and Democrats? USA could spare all that spending for this electoral theatre.
As dancing loon described her sympathies, it's about everything, but not politics.

Sharp questioned was found out, that both candidates will stand for identical decisions about Iraq, just differing in their approach to find it. At least any president would get impeached, if he/she does not follow in general the wishes of the big money. The presidential election will decide, what pigmentation and age is preferred for the president of next 4 years. The question of sex got ruled out during pre-elections (for how much?). ;-)
Here is my stance to the present Brandenburg Gate question:
http://forum.spiegel.de/showthread.php?p=2470730#post2470730
Berlin still suffers from an old governing filth of C-democratic and social-democratic incompetence and has to pay back for giant public debts. That's why Berlin took even Post-Communists into government, who consider them self as the real Social Democrats (The Left), while the official Social Democrats are rather developed into left talking conservatives during the last 10 years.

I don’t know what you are comparing here but the German political machine is broken and corrupt. The Cons in Germany have bought the opposition out, the worst form of political corruption. Democracy in Germany is a word not known to, to many people.

I remember back when Canada’s PM was scum brown bag Mulroney, and the Germans came to Canada with brown bags full of $1000 bills and bought their way into Canadian politics, nothing but a bunch of F ING SCUM BAGS………………………………… :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I don’t know what you are comparing here but the German political machine is broken and corrupt. The Cons in Germany have bought the opposition out, the worst form of political corruption. Democracy in Germany is a word not known to, to many people.

I remember back when Canada’s PM was scum brown bag Mulroney, and the Germans came to Canada with brown bags full of $1000 bills and bought their way into Canadian politics, nothing but a bunch of F ING SCUM BAGS………………………………… :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:
One track mind is at it again...

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
How do you come on that idea?
Data, I remember how down, desperate and starved the Germans were at the time...we wore rags! Out of army bedlinen, blue/white checkered squares, we sewed clothes... I had such a dress. My sister-in-law sewed herself a red blouse out of the German flag. Army uniforms were dyed dk. blue and worn as civilian clothes. City people came to us in the country and begged for food, often bringing an item to trade for food. We were absolutely finished! But now they have forgotten to be humble, now they display their bloated egos!! Gopher hit the nail on the head: "Merkel's government has no class!"
The C-Party's go along with McCain and the Social Democrats go along with Obama. That's traditional transatlantic partnership. The C in conservative parties has only the term "Christian" in common with a certain religion. It's a PR trick to insinuate, they are the party of the majority. But at the moment we have a great coalition of both parties in government. What about a great coalition in the USA between Republicans and Democrats?
Well, don't they just about have that? The Senate is pretty much controlled by the Democrats.
USA could spare all that spending for this electoral theater.
How? They still would have to have elections.
As dancing loon described her sympathies, it's about everything, but not politics.
Thank you, data, I take that as a compliment. :smile: I'm not a shrewd person, and therefore condemn politics that is dishonest, corrupt, ruthless, full of greed and self-indulgence.
Sharp questioned was found out, that both candidates will stand for identical decisions about Iraq, just differing in their approach to find it.
Sorry, I have not kept up on that, only remember that Obama was for troop withdrawal, and McCain for finishing first. Here is a short
Senator John McCain said that the buildup of American forces in Iraq represented the only viable option to avoid failure in Iraq and that he had yet to identify an effective fallback if the current strategy failed.
And this is what Obama says:
“Here is the truth: fighting a war without end will not force the Iraqis to take responsibility for their own future. And fighting in a war without end will not make the American people safer. So when I am Commander-in-Chief, I will set a new goal on day one: I will end this war. Not because politics compels it. Not because our troops cannot bear the burden- as heavy as it is. But because it is the right thing to do for our national security, and it will ultimately make us safer.”
There you have it! Two different ideas and approaches.
At least any president would get impeached, if he/she does not follow in general the wishes of the big money. The presidential election will decide, what pigmentation and age is preferred for the president of next 4 years.
There I have to agree with you... it will be very hard to go against the wishes of the powerful lobbies, especially the AIPAC. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2894821400057137878
The question of sex got ruled out during pre-elections (for how much?). ;-)
What do you mean with... for how much? Didn't Hillary lose plain and simple? Was she paid to finally drop out? I never heard such!
Here is my stance to the present Brandenburg Gate question:
http://forum.spiegel.de/showthread.php?p=2470730#post2470730
Good suggestion...give McCain and Obama equal opportunity to speak at the Brandenburger Gates!
I didn't know you also write in the Spiegel forum as well! A busy guy you are, data!!;-)
Berlin still suffers from an old governing filth of C-democratic and social-democratic incompetence and has to pay back for giant public debts. That's why Berlin took even Post-Communists into government, who consider themselves as the real Social Democrats (The Left), while the official Social Democrats are rather developed into left talking conservatives during the last 10 years.
Thanks for explaining these tidbits to us.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007

Ah, you mean Schreiber as the go-between German industrialists, like Thiessen? It's before the courts, isn't it? And if Schreiber gets back to Germany he'll be incarcerated! Could he be classified as the "fall-guy"?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Try and calculate how many times female intuition has been wrong about Mr Right.
Falling in love probably can screw it up, so it malfunctions.
I'll say it one more time, Mr. Obama has already been compromised, or he would not be running for election; further to this there is not one chance in fifty million that he is not completely controlled like the puppet he is.
O.K., then Bush is also controlled and a puppet!
The front men do nothing but stand out front, that's it his total input. It all takes place behind the curtain.
Who are these front men? Bankers? Industrialists? Same guys who had JFK assassinated? Do you have a few names?
The US economy is screwed up irreparable by the same wealthy bankers who back Obama, these people made no mistakes, they have committed theft and embezzlement on a monumental scale. He's for change eh. Who isn't?
We will have to wait and see, if he even makes it into the White House.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Falling in love probably can screw it up, so it malfunctions.O.K., then Bush is also controlled and a puppet!Who are these front men? Bankers? Industrialists? Same guys who had JFK assassinated? Do you have a few names? We will have to wait and see, if he even makes it into the White House.

Don't put money on Obama.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
I agree with Darkbeaver's sentiment that U.S. economy is beyond repairable state. Not only that, the candidates--both republican and democrat--do not recognize what matters to American people**** (Important) in the long term! Screw gas holiday tax, screw off-sea drilling, screw Iraq. Its time we ask serious questions such as what happens to us if gas hits that $200 per barrel boundary and what happens to U.S. if they find themselves in bankruptcy.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
US 5.5% unemployed July '08
Canada 6.2%
Germany 7.5%
France 8.0%

Poor Americans.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
From the OP this has nothing to do with religion.

The brandenburg gate (and speaking at it) has traditionally been an honour reserved for those who made efforts to unify germany (According to the Germans).

As far as they are concerned it would appear no current candidate has any business using their history as a photo opportunity.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Falling in love probably can screw it up, so it malfunctions.O.K., then Bush is also controlled and a puppet!Who are these front men? Bankers? Industrialists? Same guys who had JFK assassinated? Do you have a few names? We will have to wait and see, if he even makes it into the White House.

But you're not in love with Obama are you?

Bush is a puppet, if you remove the AA batteries he stops.

The money rules.

The usual suspects.

Wait if you like, but I bet four months from now things will be different and you'll have gotten over Obama.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Obama is a smooth talking con man whos' changed his tune more times than his underware in this election campaign. He's pro war when he knows full well the Americans are 60 % anti-war in the polls, he's offered nothing in forign policy but the status quo, he refuses to aknowledge the terminal nature of the American economy and his advisors have sordid historys behind the scenes all the way back to Nixon, in other words he works for the team that owns him. The only possible way the American people can win this election is to not vote in record numbers. If they allow the vote to take place they will ligitimize the police state. You have a very good education, far above average, just because you do question the prevailing paradigm.

If he wasn't smooth talking, which I see as 'very articulate and educated,'
and 'aware', no one would listen to him, he has to get the attention of the 'people'

He must be part of a group who all are striving for the same outcome, and
that outcome must get the attention of the 'people.'

He must be interesting enough to capture the interest of 'people' with money,
and most of his money has come from the people on the street, small donations, so
the people are 'speaking' to him, they are helping him.

Its' too bad, but it takes big bucks to win a nomination and also to campaign for the
presidency.
The u.s. must have a president. I do believe in Obama.

If he tried to do his job the way you see fit, he wouldn't make it to a ' second'
speech. No one would listen to him, especially the 'people'. He would never be heard
of.

The u.s. has no where to go but 'up', and with Obama, the people feel they have a
chance for a fresh new beginning, but he can't begin with a clean slate, because he will
inherit a HUGE mess, a country with a terrible reputation, deeply deeply in debt, so
he will struggle, but struggle he must, because they can't 'give up', they must push on.
Listening to you makes one feel like 'giving' up, as there seems no way out, there
always has to be a road to go, and a future to fight for.

For Ch***t sake give the guy a chance, instead of giving him labels 'that' you have no idea
he deserves.
There are 300 million in the u.s., and someone has to 'lead' them up and out of their
misery. He can't do it alone that's for sure, but he will try and pull his party in a
direction that is 'good' for the 'people', that is all he can do.

He must campaign from his gut, and also reach to all groups to gain their attention,
BECAUSE, he needs the votes, or he won't win, that is so simple, he who gets the
most votes WINS, and a candidate who is stuck in his own opinion and won't budge
in any direction won't get the votes, the other guy will, 'Mr. WAR'., we all know who
he is.

He has promised that he will not deal with the lobbyists, and so far he hasn't, so give him credit for that, it is different and new and promising, and I hope he can continue
without having to cave in to any of them, BUT even they aren't ALL bad, just most.
Please name the person whom YOU would have approved of for president of the u.s.a.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
From the OP this has nothing to do with religion.
No, it doesn't... I only pointed out the C for Christian, same as the born again Neocon Mr. Bush.
The brandenburg gate (and speaking at it) has traditionally been an honour reserved for those who made efforts to unify germany (According to the Germans).

As far as they are concerned it would appear no current candidate has any business using their history as a photo opportunity.
They could have used a friendlier tone to bring that message across.
It seems everybody knows Germany's rule regards the Brandenburger Gate, except Obama and myself!:roll::lol:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
But you're not in love with Obama are you?

Bush is a puppet, if you remove the AA batteries he stops.

The money rules.

The usual suspects.

Wait if you like, but I bet four months from now things will be different and you'll have gotten over Obama.
No, I'm not in love with him... it's that cauliflower head I was in love with!;-);-)

Bush is surrounded by a multitude of smart people who advise him. Any president has his party's support.

Money's partner is power! That's why Martin Luther King was put aside, because he was for the poor people.

I know, your usual suspects are the bankers! ;-)

O.k., problem solved.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Ah, you mean Schreiber as the go-between German industrialists, like Thiessen? It's before the courts, isn't it? And if Schreiber gets back to Germany he'll be incarcerated! Could he be classified as the "fall-guy"?

A fall guy perhaps, but that little German sure got in the Conservative Canadian political Mulroney door with the brown bags, it goes to show like the old saying “money talks and bull s walks”

And bull s business it sure was!!!

data

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2008
Thuringia
We were absolutely finished!
That depends, who you refer to. The armament and ammunition industry was down to just 80% of former top level (meanwhile below earth). But supply with sufficient slave labour, food, raw materials and fresh cannon fodder became a problem. Berlin got freed from fascism by soviet troops only, what carried the major burden of the war. D-Day came just to save a proper piece of the self offered cake Germany, still thankful because it saved much more lives and duration of the total war.
Regarding Hiroshima & Nagasaki I would not support the official US opinion, that these A-Bombs were a humanitarian measure, since 3 times more victims would have to die in case of a classic invasion of the Japan islands until Kaiser Hirohito would agree in being defeated.
But now they have forgotten to be humble, now they display their bloated egos!! Gopher hit the nail on the head: "Merkel's government has no class!"
Complaints came only from right wing conservatives (not as you might assume from the Left) and Angela Merkel just tries to keep them in good mood to her.
The late Willy Brandt (SPD icon) commented, Germany should be happy to elect after him from a new generation without direct involvement in those evil times. They will no longer provide such principled agendas (charisma), but will therefore closer relay to their voters. It does not require a new war or comparable suffering to decide for good, democratic politics.
Well, don't they just about have that? The Senate is pretty much controlled by the Democrats.How? They still would have to have elections.
Election about what? It should be politics, concepts for society and not just PR abilities.
Thank you, data, I take that as a compliment. :smile: I'm not a shrewd person, and therefore condemn politics that is dishonest, corrupt, ruthless, full of greed and self-indulgence.
That just reflects the competition in the economical sphere. Transparency is often to low, also in democratic organized states.
Typical for that was a stance of a bruxelles bureaucrat, to take out transparency from EU contract text in order to get the Irish votes. This art of modern politics is rather poison for democracy.
Sorry, I have not kept up on that, only remember that Obama was for troop withdrawal, and McCain for finishing first.
And I just saw an CNN analysis of their stances, depending who they were talking to. Obama didn't want to risk more US lives, what could mean to be some more years present to withdraw on a save way. And McCain qualified his 100 years statement, that in case the Iraq government learns to care for their own security matters, he could imagine to be out within a few years.
But it's good to see, that the public tries to nail them on certain words. (Have you already tried to nail a pudding on the wall?)
There I have to agree with you... it will be very hard to go against the wishes of the powerful lobbies, especially the AIPAC.
If there was no AIPAC, there was something else.
What do you mean with... for how much?
I meant the spending and donations to find out, whether he or she should become the candidate. To maintain permanent parties, who ought to discuss and comment politics in an organized manner would be more democratic, since it involves more people in making up their opinions.
Good suggestion...give McCain and Obama equal opportunity to speak at the Brandenburger Gates!
About US candidates speaking at Brandenburg Gate, Germany is rather impressed by its "PR-quotient" (Populism / Relevance): http://blog.zdf.de/toll/
I didn't know you also write in the Spiegel forum as well!
Since I noticed a Zimbabwe thread there a few weeks ago. Only moderators are authorized to set a theme there, as it is in the Al Jazeera forum (alleged Bin Laden influenced).

Last edited: