Georgie's Insane Religiousity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
The influence of the Bible and far right Christianity cannot be ignored though. These influences play a central role in the policies that spew from the Bush White House like poison vomit.

The same can be said about the mideast too, just replace bible with Quran, Christianity with fundamentalist muslem and we have two worlds misrepresenting two peaceful religions to achieve their own means. The only thing you wouldn't have to change would be the poison vomit part.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Re: RE: Georgie's Insane Reli

Twila said:
I think that to blame the bible for someones actions is equivelant to a drunk driver blaming the bartender for serving the drinks

Yeah but Bartenders can be held responsible, so why can't that little dusty book?

George says he talks to "God" and he usually brings up religion whenever he speaks, he basis a lot of his policies on right wing christian doctrine.

His views on sex, pro-creation are totally out of the dark ages.

He is doing his best to "un-seperate" Church and state. Religion causes so much unnecessary problems in the world, especially when its in the hands of the likes of "W".

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

no1important said:
Twila said:
I think that to blame the bible for someones actions is equivelant to a drunk driver blaming the bartender for serving the drinks

Yeah but Bartenders can be held responsible, so why can't that little dusty book?

Yes bartender's can be blamed, but that is a stupid law, or precedent.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Georgie's Insane Reli

The influence of the Bible and far right Christianity cannot be ignored though. These influences play a central role in the policies that spew from the Bush White House like poison vomit.

I totally agree with you here Rev. I just hate the idea of giving people the opportunity to not be responsible for their actions. I detest hearing people blame other people and other things for their choices, actions, problems, etc.

Because in the end the only ones responsible for the things you do and say is yourself.

Yes well men can be sued for alimony because the wife choose to stay home and not earn money, doesn't make it right. Just because something is done, or awarded does not make it right.

A judge may rule on the side of say, the burglar who got locked up inside his intended victims home and award him compensation. Does it make it right? Does it make the man responsible for locking the burglar inside his house? Is the man REALLY responsible for the hardships suffered by the burglar? Of course not. How can a dusty inanimate book MAKE Goergie do anything? It can't. He has to CHOOSE to do those things. It is in the end HIS problem, his responsibility, and his alone. He'd have better luck blaming his father for his inadequacies as a human being

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
Give it a rest, Rev. There are millions of Americans that voted for GWB who could never be described as part of the "Religious Right". Like it or not, the little cretin's string pullers did a better job of figuring out what it took to win and which buttons to push.
I suspect those millions will find a balance point, assuming the Democrats finally figure out what they stand for and put a proper platform together.
We are just going to have to ride this out. But then, we said the same thing about Ronnie Reagan, too.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Well, all those people that die because Georgie hates condoms don't get to "ride this out" Wetcoast. Neither do the people who die because Georgie hates prostitutes. the fact is that the religious right is a major force in Republican policy setting and play a major role in getting Republicans elected.

It isn't a secret, it's a fact.

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
Rev, lots of things the U.S. does causes people to die. Do you want to start with Iraq, Darfur, the Death Penalty, Air and Water Pollution policy, etc, etc, etc.
You exhibit the typical "over the top" rhetoric of the NDP. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
mrmom2 said:
String puller Westcoaster :p Karl Rove is his puppet master :lol:
Well, I would respectfully suggest that Cheney and Rumsfeld get to tug on the strings too. Not to mention assorted Oil Industry lobbyists. I've never thought of GWB as his 'own man'. He's always struck me as the servant of others. The ideal puppet!

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
For what it's worth, I think GWB's religious conversion is fraudulent. It's there to appeal to the voters and the necessary fringe votes from the legitimately Religious. Today's threat to veto Stem Cell Research bills is a classic example of playing to the crowd. He wouldn't be able to describe what Stem Cells are, but he knows he's against it. It's about PR and Spin, following a total failure to sell his Private Accounts version of Social Security. After all, you never know when you might want to run for office again.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Georgie's Insane Religiousity

Wetcoast40 said:
For what it's worth, I think GWB's religious conversion is fraudulent.

Ditto.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Rev, lots of things the U.S. does causes people to die. Do you want to start with Iraq, Darfur, the Death Penalty, Air and Water Pollution policy, etc, etc, etc.
You exhibit the typical "over the top" rhetoric of the NDP. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

As opposed to the brutal apathy and apologetics being displayed by some here? Damned right.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Bush actually said:

"I made very clear to Congress that the use of federal money, taxpayer's money, to promote science which destroys life in order to save life — I'm against that," Bush said. "Therefore, if the bill does that, I would veto it.""

He is obviously NOT aware that babies are NOT killed inorder to harvest stemcells'. You'd think that they'd have briefed him on the KEY points of his negation.

It must frustrate Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rover that Bush is unable to say what's written for him correctly.

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
'Brutal Apathy'? Now there's a new one. In NASCAR, they call allowing anger to replace common sense in a driver "his eyes were clouded by the red mist". Looks like it applies to forums too.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I don't think Christians, radical or otherwise, can hold a candle to what the Communists have done to humanity in this century. That would put the Communist Manifesto as the true blue print of death, and Marx as its architect (his followers willfully ignorant).

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver

Twila said:
Bush actually said:

"I made very clear to Congress that the use of federal money, taxpayer's money, to promote science which destroys life in order to save life — I'm against that," Bush said. "Therefore, if the bill does that, I would veto it.""

He is obviously NOT aware that babies are NOT killed inorder to harvest stemcells'. You'd think that they'd have briefed him on the KEY points of his negation.

It must frustrate Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rover that Bush is unable to say what's written for him correctly.

GWB's personal motto: "I know what I know, don't confuse me with the facts!"

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
'Brutal Apathy'? Now there's a new one. In NASCAR, they call allowing anger to replace common sense in a driver "his eyes were clouded by the red mist".

In NASCAR they consider first cousins to be prime mating material. There's no red mist here, Wetcoast...just disgust that people think that ignoring a problem will make it go away. Not giving a sh*t what happens in the world is a sure way to make things worse. Trying to discourage people from speaking out is an active attempt to protect those who are doing wrong.

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
You make some pretty big assumptions, Rev. Firstly, anger isn't good enough; you have to be prepared to invest in solutions. Volunteer or at least, as in my case, fund organizations that do make a difference. Doctors Without Borders, Unitarian Service Committee, World Vision, etc. Organizations that have 'on-the-ground' help and where the money gets to the people who need it and not to some crooked government that diverts it for their own purposes.
As for trying to discourage you from speaking out, I doubt that anything I say will have that effect. You seem to propel yourself into a state of high dudgeon everytime someone questions your opinions. As I've said several times before; Lighten Up. Oh, yeah, and if you think I am protecting "those who are doing wrong", you have a distored idea of the power of my comments.
Love and Kisses,
Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.