Gas Prices :-(

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Heres a little conspiracy thought for you :lol: Did anybody else notice on last nights news how the media made sure the world saw that oil platform stuck under the bridge in Mississippi. 8O What do i hear on the news at noon today. The reason gas prices have jumped 12 cents a litre on average is damage to the oil platforms in the gulf of Mexico 8O Think maybe some big oil company let that barge go Hmmm.Why such a drastic increase in one day :x The stations have already paid for the gas in there ground tanks .I could see it if they just had to fill them .Were being ripped off and its time the goverment did something about it :wink:

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
mrmom2 said:
Heres a little conspiracy thought for you :lol: Did anybody else notice on last nights news how the media made sure the world saw that oil platform stuck under the bridge in Mississippi. 8O What do i hear on the news at noon today. The reason gas prices have jumped 12 cents a litre on average is damage to the oil platforms in the gulf of Mexico 8O Think maybe some big oil company let that barge go Hmmm.Why such a drastic increase in one day :x The stations have already paid for the gas in there ground tanks .I could see it if they just had to fill them .Were being ripped off and its time the goverment did something about it :wink:

It's because 25% of the oil production is out of the Gulf of Mexico, and none of the rigs are producing right now...many were damaged, all were evacuated, oil production in the Gulf is at a standstill right now...

Not that I think they're NOT gouging us though... :roll:

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Canucklehead said:
Nationalise our major resources like lumber, oil, minerals and be done with it already. I mean, for chrissake, no private corporation (particularly foreign owned) should be able to rape our land and make obscene profits from what is collectively ours to begin with. :evil: :evil:

Ya ya, the constitution has a different opinion but it can be changed if the will is there.

I'll sign that petition... :wink:

...or is it going to be a rally or a march?

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Maybe if it keeps going up, people will start to get the message.

eg: buy better effdecient vehicles such as smart cars and hybirds and 4 cyl, start forcing the government to find alternatives to fossil fuels.

Realistically gasoline will never drop to what it was a year or two ago ever again. There will always be some "crisis" or "excuse" both real and imaginary to keep prices up.

Kinda funny how gas, that was in the ground already for days, at the local gas station had to go up because of storm........Oil companies are in cahoots and all people do is bitch and whine about the price and in the end, do nothing about it, but pay the extorted price and wait for big oil to tell them to bend over again.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
mrmom2 said:
Just had to wreck my conspiracy therory fun didn't ya Vanni :p

Ya sorry Momsy...but to keep the theory alive I will say this:

The Americans have a reserve of 700 million barrels of oil...if they were to loan some of that to the oil producers to compensate for loss of production, it would mitigate the prices somewhat...for whatever reason, they haven't done that...proabably because they need that oil for any wars they may wish to wage to gain control of even more oil...

How was that?

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Anyone else remember back before Iraq invasion v.1.0 the oil companies telling us not to worry about gas prices because they always kept a 6month supply in reserve in case of disruptions to supply? What happened to that anyway?

As an aside, I imagine it's only a matter of time before someone loses it and goes ballistic on random gas stations over the blatant gouging going on here unless the gov steps in and bitchslaps the oil companies in this country. Marshmallows, anyone?

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
LOL A Vespa, eh? I am holding out for one of those aircars. est. $16,000CDN, 200clicks to a 'tank' and 3-4min on an air compressor to refill or summat. Good deal for in town drivers. Some of the scooters they have now are surprisingly well equipped and if I wasn't required to do highway driving regularly it may be an option but the 401 on a Vespa is best left to the clinically insane.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Musicman

Electoral Member
Aug 7, 2005
Re: RE: Gas Prices :-(

bevvyd said:
How much is everyone paying these days? I'm paying 95 a litre, full serve (sorry had to rub that one in)

$0.924 per litre after a 3.5 cent rebate.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Well your not in a big Alberta city then Musicman because when i left Alberta a couple of weeks ago it was pretyy much 1.03 from Edmonton all the way to BC :x Hey Rev I saw a scooter in Costco that ran on electricty and you didn't need insurance to ride on the city streets just a helmet 8)