Garth Turner on Harper

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I don't know why people have a problem accepting that there might be secret agenda. It is reasonable to suspect all political parties have one to some extent. We have examples to go by too: neo-liberals have taken over BC; they took over the British Labour party; they took over the US Republican party and Democratic party. Why is it so unthinkable that neo-liberals or even neo-conservatives might try and conquer our federal government? All that is being proposed is a tactic that has been used many times before.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I don't know why people have a problem accepting that there might be secret agenda. It is reasonable to suspect all political parties have one to some extent. We have examples to go by too: neo-liberals have taken over BC; they took over the British Labour party; they took over the US Republican party and Democratic party. Why is it so unthinkable that neo-liberals or even neo-conservatives might try and conquer our federal government? All that is being proposed is a tactic that has been used many times before.

The only reason Turner isn't still in the conservative caucus is he wouldn't stop talking about what was going on behind closed doors, something that Harper really doesn't want us to see. He's not being so anal about access to information because he's thinks it's in Canadians best interests, it's because he realizes the only way to get enough support for his majority is to disguise his true intentions for this country.

Some possible changes for this country under a Harper majority are a return to the death penalty, a reduction or complete ban on legal abortions, less opportunity for women in Canada, he's already gutted funding for the Status of Women, even though women make about 40% less than men on average in Canada. In Harpers twisted little mind women are as equal as he's willing to allow already. A strict conservative agenda would probably see an increasing divide between the rich and poor and an ever increasing rate of incarceration as a response to social problem created by misguided conservative economic policies like in the states.

Garth may be a tool, but so are many of the conservatives sitting on the government side of the house and the head tool Harper is the worst of the bunch. The expensive and savvy media blitz that Harper has had in motion since he got in power only gives us small glimpses of the real ugliness under all the fancy makeup and lighting. Garth Turner may have more integrity than many of his former conservative collegues, kind of sobering when you consider how determined they are to take this country over through media manipulation and dirty political games.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The hidden agenda rears it's ugly head again. Impossible to refute because it is hidden. Scary,scary conservatives are coming to get you. Garth was up there,so was Belinda,why have they kept quiet about this "hidden agenda"?Surely they must know details of the master plan. Dion and his minions haven't opposed a thing in the past few months. That is leadership? I'll bet that when Mrs. Steffi lays out his clothes for the day that she has been giving him shoes without laces the past few weeks.

Wally, you must be taking night courses in becoming a certified goof.
I am sorry I have to make such a demining statement to you Wally, but people like you make me so mad,
had these pathetic reformed closet bigoted Gestapo black boot bible thumper losers, not committed fraud with regards to the Elections Canada allegations, these rats would still be on the side line hoping that the governing party would suddenly be hit by lightening killing them all so they can be given a chance to govern.
“You can't claim that you are purer than the driven snow, have a lawsuit against Elections Canada, while you have altered your election invoices, get your offices raided where some incriminating material is found, and appeal to the electorate on consistency and superior moral principles.”
You bad mouthing the libs show your intellectual political impotence. :roll:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I wouldn't listen to a damn thing that comes out of that hypocritical BS'ing poser Garth.

I used to frequent his little blog site a while back around the time he got his arse canned. He was going on about the evil Harper machine and their evil plans OOOOoooooo.....

He went on about how he was going to go as an independant and fight the good fight for the little people..... what a hero.

Then I started to ask him a few ligitamate questions about some of the things he was talking about here and there, and for some reason, most questions went unanswered... then disapeared. Eventually I started to realize I couldn't even post anything anymore. Funny thing was, I wasn't being a jerk for once and just asking honest questions.

Suddenly he joins the Liberals.... the toads he moaned about and fought against in the Conservatives.... after claiming to have a desire to fight for the little guy and being an independant, he joins the same idiots we voted out to begin with who ripped us off for 10 years.

WTF? The guy's an idiot and an attention Who'Are. He'll moan about what everybody else is doing or not doing, but I don't hear anything profound coming from his corner. Oh and the "Digital Democracy" plan he's shot around a while back isn't anything new, and in fact is much similar to something I thought up as a teenager..... cripes.

More NEO CONDOM bla bla bla. Alibaba and the 90 thieves, elections canada saved your sory tory arss from $777.000 which the Canadian tax payer was about to get dinged by your Gustapo mentor Harpo the thieve.:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
More NEO CONDOM bla bla bla. Alibaba and the 90 thieves, elections canada saved your sory tory arss from $777.000 which the Canadian tax payer was about to get dinged by your Gustapo mentor Harpo the thieve.:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Now how did I let this one slip by?

Fist Socks I will clarify, yet again, I have not voted for, nor will I ever vote for the Conservatives..... get your head out of your ass and stop attempting to label me with your ignorant tripe.

Get an education and stop wasting my time.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Wow lone wolf...some story..thanks lot!

Yeah...I'd just like to say..
GREEN PARTY
for alternative
Then we will have some sort of an agenda for Canada--greeeeeen

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Now how did I let this one slip by?

Fist Socks I will clarify, yet again, I have not voted for, nor will I ever vote for the Conservatives..... get your head out of your ass and stop attempting to label me with your ignorant tripe.

Get an education and stop wasting my time.

Praxius if you have not voted for these pathetic losers you seem to be defending them while they are looking for ways behind closed doors to screw us all.