Gardens & Ponds

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Wow Karrie! That looks totally different from the earlier pictures! I can't believe it is the same place!8O:cool:

I like looking at all the plants. It makes a home look more "alive", to be honest.

I will see about taking some pictures of my backyard(including the poor pine tree that did not survive the moving from my parent's back yard to my own:-(), and I will take some pictures of my parent's back yard and show off the landscaping work that I helped my dad with. It is just a shame that he didn't take some "before" pictures.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Have you been getting a lot of rain? I think if the tomatoes sit in water for too long, then they start to rot at the bottom.

It's not the plants though.. the plants are healthy. It's the individual tomatoes that are spoiling. Well, not even spoiling.. they're just turning brown. It's odd.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It's not the plants though.. the plants are healthy. It's the individual tomatoes that are spoiling. Well, not even spoiling.. they're just turning brown. It's odd.

Perhaps there is an infestation in the tomatoes themselves? I would cut one open and check to see.

I am certainly no expert in this topic, but I figured I would try and help if I could.:smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Perhaps there is an infestation in the tomatoes themselves? I would cut one open and check to see.

I am certainly no expert in this topic, but I figured I would try and help if I could.:smile:

I cut it open when I brought it in, and it looks fine, aside from dried up and brown on the bottom.

I guess I'll get on google...lol

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
well, because the plants are all at different stages, I may be able to prevent it in my others. that's a saving grace at least.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If you're using pics from your comp, you have to 'attach' them, rather than imbed them.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
karrie, I see you figured out the tomato problem. I give mine a few light feedings until fruit appears then let them go. Also you probably know this but pruning the excess green from the plants will send more resources to the blossoms and fruit.

Socrates, I hope you can get your picture uploaded. You can upload them to photobucket.com and use the direct link to embed them in a post

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
karrie, I see you figured out the tomato problem. I give mine a few light feedings until fruit appears then let them go. Also you probably know this but pruning the excess green from the plants will send more resources to the blossoms and fruit.

Socrates, I hope you can get your picture uploaded. You can upload them to photobucket.com and use the direct link to embed them in a post

Thank you eh 1eh, I managed to enbed my 4 picks.
Many thanks.

Last edited:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Here's a summer update.

The rain has made for some bumper crops of flowers and wildlife.

Sometimes these frogs scrap and brawl in the pond. They're getting along this weekend.

The dalilies look good this year too.

Of course the rain has nothing to do with this, the flower of my loins. :smile:

The bugs are healthy too.

I couldn't get a picture of the fish in the pond but they're doing well this year.

Hope everyone is having as good a gardening year as I. :cool:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Oh wow eh1eh... that's awesome! I think that redhaired creature is especially beautiful, and I'm guessing, rare. Kudos!