G20 And Gay Pride Week In Toronto

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
So by showing your intolerance, you are encouraging the very thing you don't like.
What's intolerant about calling it the shame parade? I didn't say they shouldn't have the right to parade themselves; that would be intolerant.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yes. they are Inuit. Eskimo is actually a derogetory word in their language and that is how it was intended by the dominant society.

Which is exactly why there is a need for these pride parades. If everyone just felt they could be themselves, there wouldn't be a need to let people know it's okay to be the way you are.

So by showing your intolerance, you are encouraging the very thing you don't like.
Bingo! The intolerant, though, are self loathing and that is why they need to say stupid crap like that about others, so they can momentarily feel better about themselves.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
in·tol·er·ant
Pronunciation: \-rənt\
Function: adjective
Date: circa 1735
1 : unable or unwilling to endure
2 a : unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters b : unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights

Miriam Webster

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What's intolerant about calling it the shame parade? I didn't say they shouldn't have the right to parade themselves; that would be intolerant.

Ah, yes, indeed. There is nothing intolerant about calling it a shame parade. You're absolutely correct, and you should not be ashamed of yourself for being that way. You should be proud to be who you are, you might find that there are others like you, hiding in closets, afraid to come out in public with their elementary-school insults disguised as wit. In fact, I'm suggesting that you form a parade of your own, perhaps you could call it the 'People of very little brain' parade. Not that we'd suggest you have very little brain, of course, that would be insulting, and we don't do that.

Reactions: FiveParadox

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Not that we'd suggest you have very little brain, of course, that would be insulting, and we don't do that.
Why not; nowhere in the Charter of Rights does it say that you can't insult me or that you can't offend me.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The federal government is not contributing any money to the gay pride parade in Toronto this year.
Then there isn't anything rational to snivel about. The rest is irrational chatter and squirrels can do that. :)

Why should it be called the shame parade?
Because bigots are ashamed to see it? Or perhaps they are too ashamed to admit that they want in on it? Lotsa guesses. lol

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I don't watch TV because I hate being exposed to advertising that promotes mindless consumerism. Now we are going to have to put up with advertising everywhere we look because businesses will be sponsoring every event. When is the first ship to Mars leaving?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
If I'm going to pay money to help one percent of Canadians, let it be the Eskimos.;-)

Aren't they called Inuits these days?

I was just teasing you but you are aware that Eskimo is not PC (unless you live in Alaska).

I didn't know they are still referred to as Eskimos in Alaska.

Yes. they are Inuit. Eskimo is actually a derogetory word in their language and that is how it was intended by the dominant society.

No wonder they are still called Eskimos in Palin's Alaska.

Toronto Gay Pride parade is the biggest in North America. I got the first hand experience two years ago. We were driving in Toronto around 11.30 at night, going to our hotel room. To my surprise it was bumper to bumper traffic on 401 at 11.30 at night. I was surprised at that.

Somebody told me the next day that it was due to Gay Pride Parade, many people from abroad come to Toronto to participate or just to watch. I knew it was Gay Pride week , but I didn’t put the two together.