France as best place to live? I'd rather live in Ed Balls's pantry

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Makes more sense. Most British hate Australians because we have become a far better country than they ever could (hint. theres a reason so many immigrate there every year). Must be sad being beaten at every sport you invented by a bunch of convicts eh?...
lol Yup.

Picking on other countries culinary offerings is about the funnies part though. What has Britain offered the world?. Bangers and mash, english breakfast and ?. All of which are pretty much guaranteed to cause a heart attack or type 2 diabetes.
Hey!! I love Brit fish n chips and Yorky pudding with my roasted moose/elk.

While I agree it should be rated higher than 3rd world countries like Malta, Uruguay, Lithuania and Hungary. Most of the UK is living in 3rd world conditions anyway so not far ahead. For anyone that disagrees try going to Leeds, Birmingham or most parts of London will change their mind.
I'll pass, thanks. I'd much rather visit Ireland (relatives there).

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
No way... I live in the North, I've seen -50C. You can dress for -50. You can't undress enough for +50C. I'll take the odd cold snap over that kind of heat.
Oooooooooohhhh definitely.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Couldn't say. Never heard of it before reading your post. This was inland Western Australia, its basically desert (usually around 50-70% humidity) so I'm assuming the humidity/ moisture would have been rather low compared to a climate like Canada's. Its not a stuffy heat like Europe or western Canada its just abrasive.
lol Canuckville has several climates actually. The far north is desert and gets really freakin cold in winter like -60 in Nunavut (without considering windchill). there is desert in southern BC, too. and farther north in BC (Kitimat) is one of the wettest areas in North America.

List of extreme temperatures in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Canaduh

Derailing Threads
Mar 7, 2008
Southwest WA
lol Canuckville has several climates actually. The far north is desert and gets really freakin cold in winter like -60 in Nunavut (without considering windchill). there is desert in southern BC, too. and farther north in BC (Kitimat) is one of the wettest areas in North America.

List of extreme temperatures in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By western Canada I meant the typical Vancouver/ Vic island day. I know the area around Kelowna is pretty dry and warm climate, its almost identical to most of the wine growing areas near where I grew up.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We are below Uruguay, which is basically just a large, sluggish river full of bad-tempered fish, and the Czech Republic, the entire population of which is over in Britain working as plumbers or hotel receptionists.

That cracked me up.

Canaduh

Derailing Threads
Mar 7, 2008
Southwest WA
That cracked me up.

and the Czech Republic, the entire population of which is over in Britain working as plumbers or hotel receptionists.

Funny. 2/3 rds of the plumbers, electricians and"handy men" in Aus are British born migrants. So by his logic whats that make them?.