Fox's Rupert Murdoch Calls Scientology "Evil"

beaker

Electoral Member
Jun 11, 2012
thepeacecountry
Not that this is important, but this is bullying?

I try not to write off what someone has to say, before I actually read it, just because I'm not a fan.

Why would Murdoch use unethical comments, misconstruing the nature of a religion, except in an attempt to gain an unwarranted advantage. Yes this would be bullying, and from a position of at least self importance. I won't comment on the rest of your post because you didn't read mine with the intent of discussing it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Why would Murdoch use unethical comments, misconstruing the nature of a religion, except in an attempt to gain an unwarranted advantage.
You'd have to prove his commentary was unethical or he misconstrued the religion first, for your opinion to hold water.

Since to most sane, reasoned and critically thinking people, Scientology is a cult, created by a fiction writer. With the sole premise of extracting money from it parishioners as it's goal, that employs lawyers on mass to quash any and all opposition, with impunity, whose loony front man is TomKat. It's a cult, with lots of money, big and it's not unreasonable to think that TomKat is high up in the ranks.

Yes this would be bullying, and from a position of at least self importance.
Really? Well than, by your own measure, it would seem your a self important bully.

I won't comment on the rest of your post because you didn't read mine with the intent of discussing it.
You have very poor perception skills.

Last edited:

beaker

Electoral Member
Jun 11, 2012
thepeacecountry
You'd have to prove his commentary was unethical or he misconstrued the religion first, for your opinion to hold water.

Since to most sane, reasoned and critically thinking people, Scientology is a cult, created by a fiction writer. With the sole premise of extracting money from it parishioners as it's goal, that employs lawyers on mass to quash any and all opposition, with impunity, whose loony front man is TomKat. It's a cult, with lots of money, big and it's not unreasonable to think that TomKat is high up in the ranks.

Really? Well than, by your own measure, it would seem your a self important bully.

You have very poor perception skills.

My perception skills are pretty good. It was unethical because it was unnecessary, unprovoked, and as a newspaper man, unjustified.

By what instance of my measure are you calling me a bully?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
My perception skills are pretty good.
Reality says otherwise.

It was unethical because it was unnecessary, unprovoked, and as a newspaper man, unjustified.
That's your opinion. Like he posted his opinion on Twitter.

Why are you allowed to enjoy things he is not?

By what instance of my measure are you calling me a bully?
I didn't call you a bully, you did.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
There is nothing like the mere mention of Rupert Murdoch, or Fox or Sun News to bring out the left leaning or rather "tripping" ideologues with pens or in this case, keyboards, a blazing...:grin:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Scientologists are actually a pretty powerful religion. They aren't a turn your cheek religion either.

When someone attacks the Church of Scientology they become what Scientologists call "fair game". That means the church comes after you with all their resources if they deem you a threat.

If a group pickets a Scientology church or office, members go right out there after the picketers. They walk with them and taunt. They put video cameras in the picketers faces and snap pictures like the paparazzi.

Do a search on Youtube. Some good stuff out there.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Scientologists are actually a pretty powerful religion. They aren't a turn your cheek religion either.

When someone attacks the Church of Scientology they become what Scientologists call "fair game". That means the church comes after you with all their resources if they deem you a threat.

If a group pickets a Scientology church or office, members go right out there after the picketers. They walk with them and taunt. They put video cameras in the picketers faces and snap pictures like the paparazzi.

Do a search on Youtube. Some good stuff out there.
Can't be, that would put a little truth to Rup's opinion.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Scientology is banned in parts of Europe because of its crimes. Several members have disappeared and never found, it has made threats against the government and people who defect from the cult, and it has refused to pay taxes.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
... there are many groups much worse than scientology, why not pick on them?
There are? Which ones?

Wizzy can't seem to understand that just because there's no current threads with posters dissing "evil" groups it doesn't mean there aren't any threads in the archives that have such content.

It's the DUH factor, I think.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
... there are many groups much worse than scientology, why not pick on them?

Don't worry, they all get their fair share around here.

Scientology is about as much of a religion as Jedi is a religion.... in that they're both full of sh*t.

Why is Scientology given such a hard time?

Just look through news around the world relating to Scientology... look at the idiots who follow it..... in fact, do you even know what Scientology is all about?

I'll tell you one thing.... it's certainly not about "Science"

Funny, I am amazed that Katie Holmes stayed as long as she did.

From what I heard from my wife who follows the celeb gossip stuff more than I do, they had a 5 year marriage contract..... which just ended.

A show here in Australia actually brought something else up interesting.... all of Tom's ex-wifes left him at the age of 33.

Trippy.

Oh well..... we all knew it was going to eventually end like this.

^ I mean c'mon.... the first sign of bad things to come right there..... damn crack pot.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Let me put it this way: at my mothers' cottage, there was a collection of old science fiction from the 1940s and 50s, left there by some uncles. Several were by L Ron Hubbard. Bad stuff, but funny.

Old L Ron actually said that the best way to get rich was to invent a religion, and then all of a sudden, Scientology appears.

With that background, how could ANYONE take it seriously?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Let me put it this way: at my mothers' cottage, there was a collection of old science fiction from the 1940s and 50s, left there by some uncles. Several were by L Ron Hubbard. Bad stuff, but funny.

Old L Ron actually said that the best way to get rich was to invent a religion, and then all of a sudden, Scientology appears.

With that background, how could ANYONE take it seriously?

Ever watch the TV preachers? Educated people take them seriously and they subscribe to the Hubbard school of rags to riches.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Unlike most religions, Scientology was founded by a Science Fiction Writer, based on a challenge that he could not found a "religion". He bet that he could, and that he could get it tax free status, and live like a king free of taxation. He did exactly that. The bet was made with Robert Heinlein, who had been a close friend. The friendship did NOT survive Hubbard's "religion".

It is utterly controlling, and it demands constant infusions of cash and assets from its members, as they "progress" through the various "training" levels.

Once a person has exhausted their assets, they are not advanced any further, and are simply kept on the leash as someone unable to "fulfill their potential".

Famous people that have virtually unlimited assets (like John Travolta and Tom Cruise), are rapidly advanced to the top levels, and used to draw in the unsuspecting. They have a great deal of freedom of action, which is denied to the run of the mill" members.