Four injured as horses run amok in London

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
skynews-aldwych-horses-london_6531434.jpg

Four people have been injured after five military horses ran amok in central London.

It's thought the horses were spooked by noises at a building site in Belgravia.

Four of the injured are soldiers and one is a civilian cyclist.

Some of the horses were injured with at least one of them colliding with a bus. A white horse was seen covered in blood.

The five horses have now been recaptured and have been receiving veterinary care.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It is thought that up to 300 British Army horses are situated in London.

These five horses, belonging to the Household Cavalry, may have been taking part in training for the King's Birthday Parade in June.

The five horses were spooked by noises at a building site in Belgravia, central London.

The horses caused chaos as they collided with vehicles including a bus and a taxi.

Four people - three soldiers and a cyclist - have been hospitalised with non-life threatening injuries.

The army said the horses have been recovered and returned to camp with some receiving veterinary care.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It is thought that up to 300 British Army horses are situated in London.

These five horses, belonging to the Household Cavalry, may have been taking part in training for the King's Birthday Parade in June.

The five horses were spooked by noises at a building site in Belgravia, central London.

The horses caused chaos as they collided with vehicles including a bus and a taxi.

Four people - three soldiers and a cyclist - have been hospitalised with non-life threatening injuries.

The army said the horses have been recovered and returned to camp with some receiving veterinary care.

I hear the colonials have a new-fangled machine called a "motor vehicle."

Or would that be a "motour vehicle?"

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Army retrieves bloodied horse after five of them ran amok in Whitehall, Victoria, Limehouse and Shadwell in the centre of the capital...

British Army updates the nation after horses and people were injured after five horses got loose in London...

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Army retrieves bloodied horse after five of them ran amok in Whitehall, Victoria, Limehouse and Shadwell in the centre of the capital...

British Army updates the nation after horses and people were injured after five horses got loose in London...

The RCMP is laughing at you.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, they aren't. Both the RCMP and the Household Cavalry serve His Majesty proudly. Unforseen events like loud noises sometimes cannot be predicted.
Horses can be controlled if you know what the fuck you're doing.

"Loud noises" like gunshots? You do understand, I hope, that the Mounties are armed.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Horses can be controlled if you know what the fuck you're doing.

"Loud noises" like gunshots? You do understand, I hope, that the Mounties are armed.

So are the Household Cavalry. They are the King's bodyguard and those horses are the Household Cavalry's horses. The Household Cavalry are the guys who stand guard outside Buckingham Palace. All the tourists think they are a laugh but they are British soldiers armed to kill anyone threatening the King. It's a bit like the Secret Service standing guard at the White House.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I tell you what, though: That young soldier did his country proud. He didn't put a foot wrong. Unlike many of our politicians he just made a statement to his country and said it how it is with no sides taken. And he's probably young enough to be my son.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So are the Household Cavalry. They are the King's bodyguard and those horses are the Household Cavalry's horses. The Household Cavalry are the guys who stand guard outside Buckingham Palace. All the tourists think they are a laugh but they are British soldiers armed to kill anyone threatening the King. It's a bit like the Secret Service standing guard at the White House.
The Secret Service don't stand guard, the Marines do.

I tell you what, though: That young soldier did his country proud. He didn't put a foot wrong. Unlike many of our politicians he just made a statement to his country and said it how it is with no sides taken. And he's probably young enough to be my son.
Yeah, the kid did fine. I'm just giving you shit. Have you had an update on the wounded horse?

By the way, if you give 'em decent saddles, they won't have this problem as much.