Fort McMurray "is the city that makes the dream come true"

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Lol that did make me laugh darn reporters

I dnt work up there anymore but most guys I do know that work there arent like that but they do come home broke cause so expensive up there

Yeah, I've heard about apartment rentals at $2500 a month (if you can find one)

skw

Jun 29, 2015
ony
My gf encouraged me to get on im not smart like most of u on here but I know what is right and who cares what someone does as long as it doesnt hurt anyone

Yeah, I've heard about apartment rentals at $2500 a month (if you can find one)
That is ridiculous how can anyone afford that

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My gf encouraged me to get on im not smart like most of u on here but I know what is right and who cares what someone does as long as it doesnt hurt anyone

I can understand your drift, most of us here are pretty tolerant and broad minded- you'll catch on pretty fast to the very few who try to put you down. It comes with the territory. :)

skw

Jun 29, 2015
ony
That is why he rents and has a bicycle instead of a vehicle.

There is no need to drill oil sands other than test holes.
Sir I dont own a bicycle and im not sure but to get oil u need to drill

I can understand your drift, most of us here are pretty tolerant and broad minded- you'll catch on pretty fast to the very few who try to put you down. It comes with the territory. :)
No worries im used to it lol

Besides arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud after a while u realize he enjoys it

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

That is ridiculous how can anyone afford that

$10,000 a month wages isn't uncommon in the patch, but there can be months when it's closer to $zero. My son has worked in the patch off and on for close to 30 years, mostly in AB but lately in SK and MB. He's slowly weaning himself away from it ( civilized wages aren't really to his liking) so he's thinking of going back come winter. You're lucky if you can make $20 an hour in the Okanagan.

skw

Jun 29, 2015
ony
$10,000 a month wages isn't uncommon in the patch, but there can be months when it's closer to $zero. My son has worked in the patch off and on for close to 30 years, mostly in AB but lately in SK and MB. He's slowly weaning himself away from it ( civilized wages aren't really to his liking) so he's thinking of going back come winter. You're lucky if you can make $20 an hour in the Okanagan.
Wow that rough trucking has been pretty decent to me

skw

Jun 29, 2015
ony
Wow that rough trucking has been pretty decent to me
Been at it since 17 ya wasnt legal but didnt matter back then hope your son finds something that makes him happy

Ty now why is that bad oil needs to run things

I just didnt agree with article it not rosey up there

Jlm idk how yo answer you im not technically advanced my gf figure out in am but I live in ont and i work everywhere im a truck driver

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Been at it since 17 ya wasnt legal but didnt matter back then hope your son finds something that makes him happy

I hear you. My son is installing and servicing swimming pools right now- he likes it but he's not used to working for a $100 a day or so- he was working p.t. for a mover here for $17 an hour and the work is heavy, so he's glad to be doing this. It's a far cry from $600 a day in the patch.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Say I notice you say a lot of self-deprecating statements. Do you have ADHD or experience anxiousness. Self criticizing and feeling defeated is just a forum of self-abuse and it's not healthy, and it can lead to depression. You may want to see a therapist and maybe get medication if necessary.

There is nothing wrong with it, and many people go through these kind of emotions. I'm not trying to be mean, actually just the opposite.

“The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” ― Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Say I notice you say a lot of self-deprecating statements. Do you have ADHD or experience anxiousness. Self criticizing and feeling defeated is just a forum of self-abuse and it's not healthy, and it can lead to depression. You may want to see a therapist and maybe get medication if necessary.

There is nothing wrong with it, and many people go through these kind of emotions. I'm not trying to be mean, actually just the opposite.

“The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” ― Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness

Ayn Rand could be a bit of an A$$hole! :)

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Erza seeking out affirmation again,.......he really wants the oil sector to like him,he tries so hard but always comes across so needy and desperate,I wish his father or someone would give him affirmation so he would go away.Please someone or anyone,give him what he despertly seeks.
does he receive money for all his affirmation seeking?who pays this wierdo.

"I am not going back to Old Fort Mac",there's way to much crack"
what a great lyric this is.

skw

Jun 29, 2015
ony

Not true im pretty darn smart when it comes to my job im just ignorant on some subjects I may have an opinion just not an informed one so id rather ask than appear stupid

Im smart when it comes to my job when im on here im ignorant im trying to learn new things I like all the ideas and different points of view but generally when it comes to technology I know nothing I just got a smart phone and tablet

Not true im pretty darn smart when it comes to my job im just ignorant on some subjects I may have an opinion just not an informed one so id rather ask than appear stupid

Im smart when it comes to my job when im on here im ignorant im trying to learn new things I like all the ideas and different points of view but generally when it comes to technology I know nothing I just got a smart phone and tablet
Sry my internet slow here lol at my trailer so when it doesnt show up I post twice