For lunch today I had.....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: For lunch today I had

Alright, but I refuse to eat anything with the name head cheese.....just so you know....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Head cheese is good stuff...

Today I'm having chicken and fries.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Head cheese is good stuff...

For me there are just somethings that I can only try if I don't know what it is......head cheese is one of them...But you know what Jay? I'll take your word for it!

Well for lunch I had a nice receipe that bigH sent me...

tatters and meat....blah! not tasty

Did you forget to spice to taste? Cause if it's the same sort of thing as I'm thinking you need to fry it real good (make a crispy side) and add all your favourite spices. Then melt sharp cheddar on it...then it's tasty. If it's not what I'm thinking then disregard..........

I'm eating Tunaflash smorgesboard with yoghurt. Which involves Tunaflash, stonewheat crackers, celery, onions, carrots, sharp cheddar, and mushrooms. You add as much or as little to the crackers as you like. Best served with wine. But I'm at work in Canada and so no wine for me.........

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Thats sounds darn yummy twinks...is the tuna safe 8O no dolphins died coz you had to have your tuna on crisps, right twinks...Well you could try the old canadian way of carrying a flask at work...just make sure nobody is lookin :p

tatters and meat, tatters and meat....man I am driving everyone crazy with that one, ever since bigH told me that one...well what can I say, it has a ring to it...At the java house, when I go now, the baristia says...extra foamy lattie or chai lattie podifier...to which I reply...no tonight I think I will have extra foamy tatters and meat...amazing how you can use tatters and meat in alot of conversations 8)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Tuna is dolphin friendly, barbless long lines not troll caught or net caught. Young Pacific Tuna. No mercury...every batch tested at below .01ppm.

Derry McKinney

Electoral Member
May 21, 2005
The Owl Farm

I'm going to guess that you are talking about taters and meant. Yummy. I like to make it with stewing beef (or deer).

The first thing to do is marinate the meat, because you are using stewing meat. I like a mixture of beer, powdered mustard, garlic, pepper, salt, and some hot sauce for that. Let it sit for a while. Turn the meat sometimes. Try to keep the cats out of it.

The second thing to do is remember that a potato without an onion is an affront to all that is good and proper. If you are frying potatoes and don't have an onion, then you are making a mistake. I like to use left-over potatoes, but some people always forget to make too much the night before.

Dice one large onion for every two people and mix it with the taters. For every onion used, mix in one heaping tablespoon of butter (butter, not margerine). If you have green onions, mix them in too. Carrots are good as well. Just toss stuff in there, it'll be good.

So you want to get the meat started frying first because the taters were cooked the night before.

Pre-heat the frying pan. Not too hot...the high setting on your stove is just there for hot-knifing. Remember that.

Put some pig-fat in the pan. If you have deer meat, put lot of pig fat in the pan or the meat will burn. Deer are like super-models...too skinny and in need of lubrication.

When the meat is about half done and the pig fat is bubbling in a menacing manner, dump the taters in. Stir it all up. Keep it cooking until As It Happens is over or until taters are lightly browned and the onions are carmelizing.

Serve with beer.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Try to keep the cats out of it

Unless you like cat in your taters and meat.........It might balance out the gaminess of the deer..............

Derry McKinney

Electoral Member
May 21, 2005
The Owl Farm

My number one marinating challenge is keeping the cats from drinking the sauce. One of them has been known to move a metal lid slightly heavier than she is.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well sparky is here and she brought us lunch...but I am not eating the crap she done brought me...Its "Dirty Bird" 8O the kfc kind...otherwise known as bucket-O-grease 8O. I will eat the coleslaw, soon as I rinse off the scum that coat in it...Blah!!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

left over Chicken Madras w/ green salad......

And yes Pea, I did hear that. You being across the pond is not far enough.......we hear all the things you Victorians say about us mainlanders... all of it!

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I'm making scallops and prawns fresh off the boat from Cambell river yesterday MMMMMMMMMM :lol: Eat your heart out all you fellow interior residents :p

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I was going to go in but I had zero time I came out of the mill yesterday morning and straight to the hotel to grab my gear and we left to catch the boat 8O.I think I'll be in Crofton in about week or so 8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:twisted: :twisted: After the trouble I went to :twisted: for that mommy card to be sitting there for ya! Well its a good thing I got connections I will retrieve it via my baristia connections...There is no starbucks in crofton...lousy pub to...but maybe the wotthehell gang could meet you there for a brewsky :p

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Hey that sounds like fun . 8) I tell you though I'm going fishing this time .That bug bit very hard 8O I I sure miss the smell of the ocean .Got to watch a beautiful sunset from the top of the mill.I'm going to drag the wife and kids down there for a few days this summer for sure .I know they will love it they sure gobbled up the prawns and scallops :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well than mom, the wothehell gang will make the plan, we will meet up with you in that hole in the wall pub in crofton...maybe the mama will take you out in them there hills for a jeep ride...she will be the one wearing the cape 8) Whoa!!! maybe I will get to slap down some dumb ass mill workers :twisted: