Foolish not to go with Justin Trudeau

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Flash and chrome is for children. I prefer horsepower and dependability.

Do you have one of those stencils of Calvin pissing on a different brand of truck?

I love Calvin and Hobbes

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Nah, I'm a writer trapped in a Kenworth body. I wish I could walk away from it tomorrow, but I gotta eat and so does my lady/

A question for ya: Does the dramatic change in lifestyle (and especially scenery) offer any creative benefits.

The far North kinda left me sensory deprived in the sense that I am used to lots of lights, sounds, etc associated with the city.. Really took some getting used to (but was/is still a highly valued experience for me)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
A question for ya: Does the dramatic change in lifestyle (and especially scenery) offer any creative benefits.

The far North kinda left me sensory deprived in the sense that I am used to lots of lights, sounds, etc associated with the city.. Really took some getting used to (but was/is still a highly valued experience for me)

Actually the benefit I get from the job is the opportunity to reflect and reach my muse. The unfortunate part of that is that I don't immediately get to scribble down the ideas I get. The environment of the north was not a culture shock, but this is my last Ice Road simply because the rate is not high enough for the invested time. I would love to go back as a tourist, with my camera, an all terrain vehicle and the funding to capture that which I could not.

As far as the creative world I have started again on my new book ACADIA EVENT and hope to have the first draft completed by this summer. I have also been invited to contribute a short story as a feature writer to a horror anthology and am in talks to do the cover art for the same project.

I really need a lottery win...

LOL

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Actually the benefit I get from the job is the opportunity to reflect and reach my muse. The unfortunate part of that is that I don't immediately get to scribble down the ideas I get.

You should use a dictaphone or a dictaphone-like app on your phone. You can listen to your recordings later and transcribe the good ones and toss the 'what-the-fruck-was-i-thinking' ones away.