Food Banks

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I signed up with Canada Helps and make a monthly food bank cash donation. It is the easy way to do it and lets the food bank decide what it needs rather than having to make do with what I hope it needs.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I signed up with Canada Helps and make a monthly food bank cash donation. It is the easy way to do it and lets the food bank decide what it needs rather than having to make do with what I hope it needs.

Excellent idea. We donate food to the "box" in the grocery stores when we shop, but your idea sounds better.

Just looked into it, and found we can donate to our local food bank online, monthly.

Good way to start off the New Year. Thanks Bar.:thumbup:

wildbirdy

Feb 19, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I think Food Banks are a good idea to help out people in need. I do have issues with people who take from the food banks and soup kitchens and use them and then spend what they have saved on gaming systems their addictions instead of using the money they have on things that are really needed. And they continue on in this manner with no change. I think there has to be something in place so these people make better choices so they aren't using the system that is there to help them instead of keep feeding the addictions.

Why are Social Assistance clients able to get visas Some people don't even understand how they work. and the bank keeps raising the balance on the visas.Its crazy they should not be allowed to have a visa unless you have a job or any other credit card.