Flea Market treasure found

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Seems i missed this. Try a metal detector. When they raised the old Qualicum train station for restoration a number of years back i found quite a few turn of the century silver coins and a couple rings one Diamond and Emerald 18 k near the old front steps and under the building. Had to crawl a bit but worth it.

Best we did was about $40 in change from the middle school. One of the neater spots was off the Namu cannery in front of china camp. Probably not much left now except the odd bottle.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Update:

$7 Renoir find may be stolen from museum - Weird News - Canoe.ca

Just when you thought it was safe to auction off your flea market acquisitions.

Sorry but "no know police report" of the theft

And

Potomack said the painting had not turned up when it checked London's Art Loss Register, a database of stolen and lost art. It also consulted the FBI's art theft website to confirm it was not listed as stolen.

To me this says it wasn't stolen. Even if it was theft has a 10 year statute of limitation which is long past.

I'd say this is a clear case of 'finders/keepers' & possession is 9/10ths of the law.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Sorry but "no know police report" of the theft

And

To me this says it wasn't stolen. Even if it was theft has a 10 year statute of limitation which is long past.

I'd say this is a clear case of 'finders/keepers' & possession is 9/10ths of the law.

The person who stole it may not be able to get charged, but if an item is stolen it can be given back to the owner no matter how much time has elapsed, can't it? Aren't art items that were taken by the Nazis still being given back to their rightful owners(if ownership can be proven)?