Final Salute

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Yes thanks for showing me as well as it hardens my stance against such an unjust war. To think this has happend to a few Americans makes me saddend but to think about the hundreds of thousands of lives in Iraq which have gone threw the same sorrow because of this war makes this unbearable. I hope the senceless killing of Iraqis stops soon.

All human life is equal.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Pastafarian, Cortezz, DarkBeaver your posts were disgusting, disrespectful and tasteless. :evil:

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Johnny,

The posts of Pastafarian, Cortezz, and Darkbeaver were honest.

The appeal to sentimentality is what is digusting, disrespectful, and tasteless.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Finder said:
Yes thanks for showing me as well as it hardens my stance against such an unjust war. To think this has happend to a few Americans makes me saddend but to think about the hundreds of thousands of lives in Iraq which have gone threw the same sorrow because of this war makes this unbearable. I hope the senceless killing of Iraqis stops soon.

All human life is equal.

Goodevening Finder Lancet has put the civilian deaths in Iraq since the invasion started at 300,000, the American administration admits to 35,000, the grief we are asked to feel needs the perspective offered by the difference in those two numbers, I believe in the equality of human life but some here do not and would have us weep only for our own.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
darkbeaver, I weep not only only for the Americans killed but all those Iragis as well. I do not put a price on human life like the media often does, ignoring deaths across the world only to report those which hit closer to home or those who are most like us.

I will not disrespect the American who died, I feel for all his family and can not compair to the pain the wife must be feeling. But when you consider how many of these stories have happend in Iraq in the last 3 years..... It saddness me like nothing else can. Also makes me wish this war to end sooner. For the americans to leave or at least bring in the UN or make some kind of a deal.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Final Salute

jimmoyer said:
Staying or leaving is a decision that will result in
more death.

Either way. You're in Iraq and a hard place.

Stay? More death.

Leave? More death.

What do you do now ?

I know that and thats why something has to happen and the Americans will have to be big enough to admit this is their fault. Perhaps bring in the UN, a third party... I don't know it's a big mess now because of the vacum which was left. But what is happening now sure isn't working and something will have to change.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Anyhow I think we are just turning this thread into a war debate now... I think if we want that we should at least make another thread. Out of respect for everyone who has died on both sides and the innocent as well we shouldn't bring ourselves down to this level.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

jimmoyer said:
Staying or leaving is a decision that will result in
more death.

Either way. You're in Iraq and a hard place.

Stay? More death.

Leave? More death.

What do you do now ?

I don't believe America can afford to leave, to leave would put the lie to all that has been put forward as the reasons for invasion and leave that stategically vital oil in the hands of others I believe that scenario will be avoided at all cost, no lives will be spared toward that end. If you stay you loose, if you leave you loose, more death is certain, both American and Iraqi. This war is draining America the longer it lasts the less you become.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I don't care about putting the lie to Bush's lies
or if your prefer, Bush doing some "enhancing" of
his case to go to war.

I don't care about tying any of this to Bush.

It's more interesting to me if Iraq really can have
a chance.

Tying every damn thing to Bush might be right
to do, but godallmighty is it ever boring, ever
unsatisfying as to the true deeper level of the issue
at hand.

Like I say, it's fascinating to hope Iraq gets a real
chance, and to watch this long process of a potential
phoenix out of the ashes we and others created.

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary

mabudon said:
Too bad we're not allowed to take the kinds of pics shown here in our country anymore, and sorry to interrupt some of the boards most vehement denizens in your private grieving :D

Seriously it's nice that these folks can be so sad when touched personally by such thing, but I don't get this "other side of the Cindy Sheehans" BS

Anyone who is proud that someone they know died for the totally unjust actions currently underway in the middle east needs to give their heads a shake, especially when they decide that the best way to honour the sacrifice for democracy is to scream "unpatriotic" at folks who ask questions....

Or call folks with actual good questions "marxists" when they haven't read a lick of any political philosophy

Mabudon... I feel so sorry for you because you weren't able to understand why Jhonny had posted this...
I feel so sorry for every person who has a rock where they're supposed to have a heart

Jhonny... Thanks friend :(

Rachelle-

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

jimmoyer said:
I don't care about putting the lie to Bush's lies
or if your prefer, Bush doing some "enhancing" of
his case to go to war.

I don't care about tying any of this to Bush.

It's more interesting to me if Iraq really can have
a chance.

Tying every damn thing to Bush might be right
to do, but godallmighty is it ever boring, ever
unsatisfying as to the true deeper level of the issue
at hand.

Like I say, it's fascinating to hope Iraq gets a real
chance, and to watch this long process of a potential
phoenix out of the ashes we and others created.

Hey JimMoyer I said nothing about bush, its you who keep tying any critisism of America to bush, I keep saying America and you keep hearing bush. It would not matter if Bush had never been born your country would still be what it is.

MagnoliaApples

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
Killing in order to create peace is quite the dichotomy, however
wether you agree with the war in Iraq or not i think we can all agree that the loss of lives is just so tragic.

Personally for me, as the death tolls rise on both ends, i get this unsettling, questioning feeling 'Is this all going to be worth it?'

War, Peace, Death, Life.
Some are living to die, some are dying to live.
Right or Wrong, Justice or Perdition.
Will we ever really know.
Man, I hope we're doing the right thing.
'cause if we're not how can we ever repay.
we can't take this back.
we can't turn back time.
we can't bring back the lives of those who were so brave.
No, they didn't die in vain.
No one ever does.
Sleep sweet soldier,
and all innocent caught in between the crossfire,
rest in peace,
for now you shall dance with angels.

dogon3

Apr 28, 2006
Cindy Sheehan cried before the public knew her. She did all of this type of stuff first, then finally became angry at the correct target....the Bush administration who led the U.S. into unnecessary war.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta

the caracal kid said:
Johnny,

The posts of Pastafarian, Cortezz, and Darkbeaver were honest.

The appeal to sentimentality is what is digusting, disrespectful, and tasteless.

Kid, you oughta grow up. You have no idea what you are talking about, obviously. This private moment only reinforces my thoughts that these moments should, indeed, be private, between the family members and WHOEVER THEY DECIDE SHOULD BE THERE, not who some media hack decides who should be there.

Show some respect, man, or quit posting about this subject. :cry:

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
dogon3 said:
Cindy Sheehan cried before the public knew her. She did all of this type of stuff first, then finally became angry at the correct target....the Bush administration who led the U.S. into unnecessary war.
Sheehan met with Bush in private before she started her little crusade who doesn't even have time to get her son's grave a Headstone.

You call the Iraq War an unnecessary War, so I'm guessing you think Iraq was better off under the control of Saddam and better off with Iraq being under control of one of his crazy sons in the near future.

dogon3

Apr 28, 2006
My goodness! Did YOU writ this MagnoliaApples? or, who is the writer? So profound....so sad,:

War, Peace, Death, Life.
Some are living to die, some are dying to live.
Right or Wrong, Justice or Perdition.
Will we ever really know.
Man, I hope we're doing the right thing.
'cause if we're not how can we ever repay.
we can't take this back.
we can't turn back time.
we can't bring back the lives of those who were so brave.
No, they didn't die in vain.
No one ever does.
Sleep sweet soldier,
and all innocent caught in between the crossfire,
rest in peace,
for now you shall dance with angels.