Fentanyl

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
You are welcome, pete though the number of dead has risen to 13 for today alone and the night is not over.

Thirteen people die of overdoses over one day in B.C. as fentanyl fuels opioid crisis - The Globe and Mail

Or begin to take something even more potent which is what keeps me away from prescribed pain killers - mind you I've been lucky so far with only minor osteoarthritis pain which I have been able to manage with a natural medication based on an extract from the sunflower plant. I have also found that the mind can play a great part in managing pain.
I wish there was an alternative for me. I think if they can deal with the cause of the pain, like a nerve block or something like that, it would be preferable to the opioids.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Probably and theyre either idiots who dont have a clue or ****bags who deal the stuff.

There is a market for it like im sure there is a market for human trafficking but people who support those markets tend to be people you want locked up.

They're the ones who always complain about the 'nanny state.' They consider the very existence of government to be a nannny state.

I wish there was an alternative for me. I think if they can deal with the cause of the pain, like a nerve block or something like that, it would be preferable to the opioids.

Have you tried acupuncture?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
So insurance won't pay for acupuncture, but will pay for opiods. Oh yeah, how's that for a well-thought-out policy?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Stupid insurance companies. If it's prescribed by a competent physician, then insurance should cover it.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
It was decided by the ER doctor that I needed a certain blood thinner. They first had to get approval from the insurance carrier before it could be prescribed. That's how it works.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It was decided by the ER doctor that I needed a certain blood thinner. They first had to get approval from the insurance carrier before it could be prescribed. That's how it works.

Oh wow. Whatever happened to the physician's independence from the insurance company?! Scary, actually.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thats travelling. Everyday ordinary services vary drastically.

In SK I didnt pay for epidurals. Here in BC they cost me $185.