Federal government ending Wyoming wolf protections

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Federal government ending Wyoming wolf protections - Yahoo! News

I would guess some ranchers made pressures to kill them again.

Ranchers in the area campaigned long and hard against the introduction of Canadian wolves to the Yellowstone area, MD. It would be no surprise to hear that their feelings haven't changed. At least ranchers are constrained to using firearms now unlike days of yore when loops and poisons were the order of the day.

Well written article here about the history of the wolf in America.

The Wolf That Changed America - Wolf Wars: America's Campaign to Eradicate the Wolf | Nature | PBS

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
If i'm not mistaking i would guess that there could be wild dogs [abandonned dogs] over there,and most likely it was and will possibly be WDs that could attack/kill the cows,so this hatred of wolf is misdirected.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If i'm not mistaking i would guess that there could be wild dogs [abandonned dogs] over there,and most likely it was and will possibly be WDs that could attack/kill the cows,so this hatred of wolf is misdirected.

IF, you can prove that it is wild dogs killing live stock then you can make a statement of "hatred of wolf is misdirected". If you can't prove it, then your statement is false and is just more BS being thrown on the pile.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
IF, you can prove that it is wild dogs killing live stock then you can make a statement of "hatred of wolf is misdirected". If you can't prove it, then your statement is false and is just more BS being thrown on the pile.

Simple if the livestock/cow is killed by wolves,a big part of it will be eaten,WDs will like Sarah P kill for fun.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Simple if the livestock/cow is killed by wolves,a big part of it will be eaten,WDs will like Sarah P kill for fun.

again, if you can prove it, fine. If you can't prove it, it's just more bullshyte on the pile. So which is it. Can you prove your assertion or is it just more bullshyte on the pile?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Can the ranchers prove that its the wolves that were/are attacking their livestock?

As far as I know there are no "wild dog" packs roaming CO killing livestock. Now, if you can prove otherwise, go for it. Can you prove your assertions?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

There are many documented cases of wolves attacking and killing livestock, Maple. One more or less does not negate the fact that wolves do prey on livestock and ranchers do suffer financial losses. Ranchers should have the right to kill wolves that are caught preying on their cattle which is not to say they be allowed to mount large-scale hunts.

It is wholesale slaughter of wolves such as happened in the past and some methods used in their eradication, that I find objectionable.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ranchers should have the right to kill wolves that are caught preying on their cattle which is not to say they be allowed to mount large-scale hunts.
SK laws says farmers can shoot any animal that threatens livestock. and they say livestock from chickens to elephants not just cattle

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
This has been going on since we relocated wolves there.
Cant blame the ranchers for wanting them culled or gone completely.

Alberta Law says you can shoot any dog chasing wildlife.