Fat Tax

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
So would I get a tax break since I've lost 13 lbs in the past two months?

It's amazing how much difference going to the gym five times a week, and changing my eating habits(I don't smoke) has made for me! I have not had fast food since the end of January and I have also stopped drinking soda pop. I feel a lot better and I am starting to look a lot better as well! I still have a ways to go, but at least I am on the right track.:)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The funny part is, it's probably no worse for you than normal mayonnaise, just has some smoke/hickory flavour to it. yet say 'bacon' and people jump to the neatest little conclusions.

Ah, very true, Karrie. I think it is the idea of the product that really gets to me. What next, bacon and tomato mayo - bacon, tomato and cheese mayo? We don't need products like this especially when it seems that people in general are starting to pay much more attention to what they eat.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Ah, very true, Karrie. I think it is the idea of the product that really gets to me. What next, bacon and tomato mayo - bacon, tomato and cheese mayo? We don't need products like this especially when it seems that people in general are starting to pay much more attention to what they eat.

Why not? If it is the same, calorie-wise, as regular mayonaise why shouldn't they make it? Perhaps it would be a nice alternative to people who can't eat tomatoes or cheese?:)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
So would I get a tax break since I've lost 13 lbs in the past two months?

It's amazing how much difference going to the gym five times a week, and changing my eating habits(I don't smoke) has made for me! I have not had fast food since the end of January and I have also stopped drinking soda pop. I feel a lot better and I am starting to look a lot better as well! I still have a ways to go, but at least I am on the right track.:)

If I were in charge you would. :lol: Good for you shadowshiv. Nice to know you will around for a long time. :smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If I were in charge you would. :lol: Good for you shadowshiv. Nice to know you will around for a long time. :smile:

Thank you.:)

I had started working out to get into better shape for my sister's upcoming wedding in June, but then I decided I'll just keep on doing it for me.:)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why not? If it is the same, calorie-wise, as regular mayonaise why shouldn't they make it? Perhaps it would be a nice alternative to people who can't eat tomatoes or cheese?:)

Yep, if you live right you can eat junk once in awhile................just be careful you are not paying a premium price for that bacon flavor.......................they give it that flavour by sticking it out in the sun in a pan and have a pig walk slowly past so the shadow lingers for a couple of minutes.....................um yummy. :smile:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Why not? Personally, Shadowshiv - I don't buy processed foods anymore. I don't like the fact that many of them including mayo contain additives that I don't believe are good for me. I know, I know the studies are still out but I prefer to err on the side of caution. Besides, since I stopped buying processed food, I find I am eating better and feeling better - and, when I occasionally have processed food at a friend's house, my digestive system is in an uproar the next day. :smile: I don't think processed foods are good for anybody but then that's just my opinion ;-)

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Thank you.:)

I had started working out to get into better shape for my sister's upcoming wedding in June, but then I decided I'll just keep on doing it for me.:)

Stick with it for life, I've been on my routine for over 12 years and it works. I'm also not paranoid about having a greasy sloppy hamburger once a week.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Why not? Personally, Karrie - I don't buy processed foods anymore. I don't like the fact that many of them including mayo contain additives that I don't believe are good for me. I know, I know the studies are still out but I prefer to err on the side of caution. Besides, since I stopped buying processed food, I find I am eating better and feeling better - and, when I occasionally have processed food at a friend's house, my digestive system is in an uproar the next day. :smile: I don't think processed foods are good for anybody but then that's just my opinion ;-)

I was the one who posted it, Mowich, not Karrie. ;):lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Why not? Personally, Karrie - I don't buy processed foods anymore. I don't like the fact that many of them including mayo contain additives that I don't believe are good for me. I know, I know the studies are still out but I prefer to err on the side of caution. Besides, since I stopped buying processed food, I find I am eating better and feeling better - and, when I occasionally have processed food at a friend's house, my digestive system is in an uproar the next day. :smile: I don't think processed foods are good for anybody but then that's just my opinion ;-)

I agree... any processed food is suspect to me, thus my not really finding bacon mayo anymore offensive than mayo, which I already find offensive. lol.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Stick with it for life, I've been on my routine for over 12 years and it works. I'm also not paranoid about having a greasy sloppy hamburger once a week.

Oh, I plan on "cheating" from time to time. A couple of weeks ago I had a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's. I hadn't had one for many years, and I had a hankering for one.

I also plan on buying some bags of Eggies and sticking them in my freezer. That way, if I feel like a little bowl of them down the road I can have it.:)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why not? Personally, Shadowshiv - I don't buy processed foods anymore. I don't like the fact that many of them including mayo contain additives that I don't believe are good for me. I know, I know the studies are still out but I prefer to err on the side of caution. Besides, since I stopped buying processed food, I find I am eating better and feeling better - and, when I occasionally have processed food at a friend's house, my digestive system is in an uproar the next day. :smile: I don't think processed foods are good for anybody but then that's just my opinion ;-)

Yep, I agree but I think they are a fact of life to some degree for most people. I think you can compensate for a lot of the harm by having a good sized bowl of bran or similar cereal most mornings. Apples (with the skins) are very good too.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Sorry to both you and Karrie, I thought I corrected it in time but you were so quick. :smile:

I am the Ninja.

(and you have nothing to apologize for :) )

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I don't know if it has made its way into Canada yet, JLM. I earnestly hope it never does. I first heard about two years ago on a segment of the Daily Show. It is made in the states. If you look closely at the label, it does not even contain bacon - just bacon flavor whatever that is and wherever it came from. It clogs your arteries just looking at it.

Baconnaise

Yeah....tax the crap out it.

Here's another one....

Yummy......

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How the hell has Kraft kept a jar Cheez Whiz at around $6 for the past 25 years without killing a few thousand people here and there?