Farmer Shoots at Thief

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Ever try to hide on the wide open prairie?
No, I have no reason to hide, I have, however, had a lot of stuff stolen from my property. The police said if you didnt see them or catch them then there is nothing we can do.....one officer did tell me to shoot them, but dont wound them, shoot to kill, then fire a shot into a wall or whatever....that was their "warning shot".

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Colpy says:I see no reason one should have to stand aside and allow himself to be robbed.
In most cases, standing aside will probably save your life. Much more valuable than anything you own. If you see someone stealing from you, you think that gives a person the right to attempt to kill by shooting at them? Someone would have to be attempting to kill me or someone else before I would consider shooting at all.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Every last person who posted on here has stolen something or another in their life time. Can I shoot you now or should I wait until you do it again?
You are wrong. I can state that never in my life have I ever stolen anything at anytime. Not even as a little kid. Maybe when you are the youngest of 6, you get it! Don't steal, don't lie or you really get it. Now I would agree with you if you said that everyone on here has told a lie even if it's a white lie. :smile:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh come now. You've at least picked berries out of someone's yard or picked an apple. We all have. Wouldn't be human if you hadn't. It is part of our nature.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
warning shot or not you still get manslaughter.

Why did you have stuff laying around unsecured?
I live in the country, I had a new water pump stolen that was hooked upto a water tank and supplied water to the house....you telling me I should have uncoupled it every time I went into town????? It was bolted to a concrete pad. I'd rather shoot the prick!!

on another occassion I had the front door smashed in and furniture stolen....it WASN"T laying around unsecured!!!!!!
on another occasion I had a 1000 gallon water tank stolen while I was away for the weekend....
I tracked it down, told the cops, they asked if I was a good shot, I asked why and he said you could fire shots into it from the road rendering it useless....said I'd rather save my ammo for the thieves.

dont make idiotic comments mate, if you dont know the situation.!!!!

O

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Oh come now. You've at least picked berries out of someone's yard or picked an apple. We all have. Wouldn't be human if you hadn't. It is part of our nature.
Yep. You are right. Forgot about raiding gardens.:lol:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I live in the country, I had a new water pump stolen that was hooked upto a water tank and supplied water to the house....you telling me I should have uncoupled it every time I went into town????? It was bolted to a concrete pad. I'd rather shoot the prick!!

on another occassion I had the front door smashed in and furniture stolen....it WASN"T laying around unsecured!!!!!!
on another occasion I had a 1000 gallon water tank stolen while I was away for the weekend....
I tracked it down, told the cops, they asked if I was a good shot, I asked why and he said you could fire shots into it from the road rendering it useless....said I'd rather save my ammo for the thieves.

dont make idiotic comments mate, if you dont know the situation.!!!!

O
Sounds like you should move to town!! At the very least, maybe to another place.;-)

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Get a dog.

do you know what kind of sh!t you'd be in if your dog bites someone, wether they are intruding or not?
do you know that if a prick cut himself while climbing in the window he just broke to gain access to your place, he can sue you?
the pricks have more rights than the victims these days!!!!!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm not condoning what Brian Knight did, but I sure do understand
why he did what he did.

Friday night, Knight's wife woke him up because she could hear
voices in their farm yard. As Knight was coming downstairs, some
guy drove off on Knight's ATV that was parked beside his house. The
ATV wasn't allegedly stolen....it was stolen. As Knight came out
of his house, two more of the thieves where pulling out in a pick-up
truck.

This didn't take place on the prairie, but in rolling bush Parkland
N.E. of Red Deer, Ab. Knight pursued the truck & ATV for a
couple of miles (as I understand it from reading a couple of different
newspaper stories over the last week) and the thief on Knight's ATV
wouldn't stop, so Knight forced his own ATV (& in turn his own car)
off the road and into the ditch. The truck with the other thieves in it
drove off, and the last I've heard, the RCMP haven't caught them
either.

Knight shot at the remaining thief twice, wounding him once. The thief fled
on foot. Neighbours responded to the two gun shoots, and picked the
thief up further down the road.

The Neighbours brought the thief back to where the ATV & car where
now in the ditch. They where keeping the thief warm in the passenger
seat of another pick-up truck while waiting for the RCMP to arrive.
The driver stepped out of the truck for some reason, so the thief slipped
over and stole that truck too....which he crashed into a ditch about a
100 meters down the road. Eventually the RCMP arrived.

Other Neighbours have their comments in an Edmonton newspaper
(many folks interviewed at the local cafe) and property crime is nothing
new. RCMP response time is about an hour usually.

ATV's are toys for many urban people. For a Rancher or a Farmer, an
ATV & Truck & Tractor, etc...are his tangible assets and necessary for
the livelihood of himself and his family. RCMP hand out file#'s for
insurance purposes with respect to rural property crimes. Like I've already
stated above, "I'm not condoning what Brian Knight did, but I sure do
understand why he did what he did!!!"

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Sounds like you should move to town!! At the very least, maybe to another place.;-)
I have a right to live where I wish, I should also have the right to protect me and mine by whatever means is neccessary. shooting is too quick...... in a pit with a Taipan is fair punishment.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
warning shot or not you still get manslaughter.

Why did you have stuff laying around unsecured?

While I don't support shooting thieves, I also get highly annoyed when people blame others for being the victims of a crime. One shouldn't have to lock their stuff up to expect others to not steal from them.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
you do have control over a shotgun.
Really? So why do thousands enter a "rage" plea in the court system and have to take "anger management and cognativve skills training" as part of their sentencing?