Ezra Levant Makes Sense

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
SirJosephPorter, time and time again you have proudly declared that you are totally, happily and blissfully ignorant about Rush Limbaugh, Townhall, Washington Times, Toronto Sun, FOXNews, Ezra Levant and basically anyone else who you haven't the slightest idea about, by personal experience, just because you heard it somewhere. Time and time your totally uninformed opinion about the entities mentioned above proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you NEVER listened to Limbaugh, visited Townhall, read Washington Post or Toronto Sun (maybe) and it is painfully obvious that you NEVER watched FOXNews probably because it costs some money to subscribe to it.

There are those of us who do not ignorantly dismiss an opposing opinion. I would never dismiss a blog or paper or TV channel that I might disagree with as you do, before I gave them the courtesy and common sense to listen to them.

You would do yourself a favour by reading what Ezra Levant or Mark Steyn have to say. You know, be 'fair and balanced'? Sorry, that's a FOXNews slogan, which you've obviously never seen on TV.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
As far as levant is concerned.... he's a rascist....plain and simple.... I laughed when I got the mail requesting money to help him in his HRC fight....I celebrated when the western standard shut down, and I was bummed out when the HRC cleared him.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Time and time your totally uninformed opinion about the entities mentioned above proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you NEVER listened to Limbaugh, visited Townhall,

Sorry Yukon Jack, but I have mentioned it before. I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh (I haven’t listened to him in a while), I regularly cruise the right wing websites such as worldnetdaily or Townhall. Not because I agree with them or I think they talk sense, but just to see what the other side is saying. If you don’t want to believe me, that is your problem, not mine.

Anyway, I found something very interesting about Townhall and other far right publications. When Somalia hostage crises was going on, the far right publications were full of condemnation of Obama, how Obama was being a wimp, being wish washy etc. Comparisons were made to Carter during Iran hostage crises. Every day there used to be at least 2 or 3 articles in Townhall discussing the crises and condemning Obama roundly for the way he was handling the crises.

When the crises was over and it turned out that Obama handled it perfectly, in a text book fashion, right wing blogs all of a sudden went silent. Not a pip out of them. Townhall mentioned the news in passing, that was it. Not a single columnist wrote an article on it. Some of them tried to credit the Navy and trash Obama, but they themselves must have realized how lame that sounded. It didn’t last long; the far right publications all of a sudden went silent on the subject.

A week before that, Ann Coulter, Newt Gingrich were shouting at the top of their voice, 24/7, what a terrible president Obama is, how badly he is handling the crises. Again, Newt developed laryngitis after the crises was over.

There is the golden rule, “if you cannot say something good about somebody, just don’t say anything.” The far right follows a slightly modified rule, “if you cannot say anything bad about Obama, just don’t say anything.”

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Levant is a provocateur.

Provocateurs are needed in a free society.....whether you agree with them or not.....to get people thinking for themselves .....or else we all turn into sheeple....

How does the line go?? ...I may disagrees with what you say...but I will fight for your right to say it??

Reactions: Ron in Regina

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
How does the line go?? ...I may disagrees with what you say...but I will fight for your right to say it??

Quite right, DaSleeper. But it is incomplete. I would complete it as follows:

I may disagree with what you say...but I will fight for your right to say it. However, I don’t have to agree with you or even listen to what you are saying. I certainly am not obliged to take what you say seriously.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Why do you feel the need to put your own spin.....even on a quote by Voltaire...:roll:

It is necessary, DaSleeper. Evidently some posters here seem to think that just because Levant has the right to say what he wants to say, the rest of us should take what the says seriously. That represents a basic misunderstanding of Voltaire’s saying.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Perhaps you should pull your head out of the sand (I'm straining to be polite here), climb down from your high horse, and learn something about HRCs.

Sometimes your attitude is irritating in the extreme.

Temper temper, Colpy. I have never understood why so many conservatives have a thin skin. How can anything said in a polite, civil, erudite language (as I did) be irritating to somebody?

I can understand you disagreeing with me. But irritating? Why? Why do you let me get under your skin so easily? Indeed, what is it about conservatives that they have such a short fuse, such a short temper? I have observed the same thing here and on the Canada.com forum.

I have come across very few liberals who have such a short fuse. Now, if you disagree with something I said, by all means debate me, refute what I said. That is what stimulates the debate. But irritating? Why would anything I say make you angry? Why do you give me so much power over you?

Now me, no matter what you say, it won't make me angry nor would I find it irritating. If you use abusive, insulting, filthy language, I will simply stop debating you (as I have stopped debating members of my fan club here). But there really is nothing that you can say that I would find irritating, or that would make me angry.

When you let me irritate you, let me anger you, let me get under your skin, you give me too much power over you. I don’t deserve (nor desire) that power.

Because to refuse to examine ideas and attitudes and individuals that do not exactly fit your preconceived notions of intellect, propriety, or political correctness is to radically narrow your horizons, to avoid meaningful debate, to sidestep any challenge to your comfort zone, in essence, to blinder yourself.

That is stupid, and I have very limited tolerance for stupidity.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
SirJosephPorter, it is totally obvious that you have not read Townhall in the last three weeks, and most likely never.

Ann Coulter's three articles in the last three weeks were: "Why is Rick Wagoner fired and Nancy Pelosi still working? (April 1), "Let's Surrender Our Weapons -- You First" (April 8) and "Obama's Recipe for Change not my cup of tea" (April 15).

NOT ONE of these articles were critical about Obama handling the Somali pirate situation, pro or con.

That established, and you have no proof otherwise, let's hear from you about those weekly 2 or 3 articles you claim you have read in Townhall on this topic. Who were the authors? You always insist on source. So, big boy, step up to the plate. I suspect a strike is coming up.

You NEVER saw any article in Townhall by Newt Gingrich, because he DOES NOT contribute to Townhall. Another strike.

I saw Newt Gingrich on FOXnews channel(you know the one you are too cheap to subscribe to but you claim to be an expert on) and his voice sounded just OK to me.
Strike three!

Here is a new version of the Golden Rule as per Yukon Jack: If you can not say anything TRUE about something or somebody, just don't say anything.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
But Wolf;-)While I do agree with his addendum to Voltaire's quote.......I don't agree with much of what he posts either:smile::lol:

If anyone can't understand what I mean by that....I don' t have a clue either:roll:

Oh, definately.... The addition makes sense, but it's almost sacrilege to attempt to claim the wisdom of Voltaire ... especially from one so averse to balanced perspective.;-)

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Yukon Jack, I did not say that I saw articles by Coulter or by Gingrich on Townhall. It is true that Townhall had 2 or 3 articles almost every day about how badly Obama was handling the crises, but none of them were by Coulter or Gingrich. Don’t put words in my mouth.

But I did read in right wing blogs and saw on CNN that both Coulter and Gingrich were talking their heads off on FOX news, trashing Obama, wailing and moaning how ineffective he was in handling the crises.

Again, according to CNN, they both went suddenly quiet after the crises was satisfactorily resolved.

As to Townhall, check it for yourself. There used to be plenty of articles on how badly Obama was handling the crises, there hasn’t been even a single one as to how well he did handle the crises. After so many days I see on article today, but it does not deal with how Obama handled the crises, it deals with how to deal with pirate problems (the solution offered, in the far right fashion is: shoot them all).

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
SirJosephPorter, you still have not given concrete evidence to support your claim that there were 2 or 3 articles every day on Townhall that bashed Obama, relating to the Somali pirate situation.

Your chutzpah is astonishing beyond belief! You, who never visited Townhall have the nerve to tell me to check it out for myself! Really!

Give me the names of the authors of the articles you claim you read on Townhall. Followed by the titles of their articles.

If you want to see adoring idol-worship of Obama go to Huffington Post.

You really should be playing poker. If you can lie and bluff at the card table as you can here, you can make yourself a million.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Colpy mentioned this book to me a while ago. I had heard of Ezra Levant before that (in the context of Mohammed cartoons). While I did not know much more about him (I did support his right to publish the Mohammed cartoons), I looked him up after Colpy mentioned it to me.

Levant is a right wing extremist by any measure. He supports Quebec separation and Alberta separation from Canada. He is (or at least was) a strong, committed member of the Alliance Party.

To me, anything Levant says is suspect. The source taints the message. I don’t know much about HRC; at least at some level they seem to perform a useful function. But those who criticize HRC may have some substance in their argument, I don’t know.

However, I do know that when they have a spokesperson like Ezra Levant making the case against HRC, they will not be taken seriously. Levant has a big credibility problem. If they can get a reputable journalist look into HRC and come up with a similar report, that will be taken seriously.

But with Ezra Levant, it is one more case of a right wing journalist writing a right wing book. Yawn.

Check out ezralevant.com and listen to his interview with Michael Coren on youtube and discover that he makes good points. So many Canadians simply do not wish to be political and give in to thuggish bureaucrats who have the full power of the state behind them to oppress citizens.

In HRCs, the complainant pays nothing, can have their identity kept secret, and there is no legal aid for the accused. This is fair?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Levant is a provocateur.

Quite right, Spade. The aim of the provocateur is to provoke the other side. He has succeeded when he has provoked the other side into arguing with him. I refuse to be provoked. I don’t attach any importance to what he says. He is a very suspect source.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
You really should be playing poker. If you can lie and bluff at the card table as you can here, you can make yourself a million.

Yukon Jack, I rarely play poker. On the rare occasions that I do play it, I do well. That is because I rarely bluff, I only give the impression that I am bluffing. How many times you have thought that I was bluffing, only for me to come back with the proof of what I said to shut you up? The latest example was the Rasmussen poll, where I said that it had claimed the race was statistical dead heat a few days before the election. You thought I was bluffing (you said so in your post) and challenged me to produce the web link. After I produced the web link, of course you had no response to that, it properly shut you up.

So I don’t bluff, I give the impression that I am bluffing. That is called, ‘sucker bait’.

Now, as to the Townhall articles on pirates, search the website for pirates. You will find around 300 hits, and that just covers the last few months. The website has been busy indeed with articles about pirates, most of them trashing Obama. Unfortunately, there are no archives on the website, so we really cannot see what the articles were 2 days ago, 4 days ago and so on.

However, search for pirates and you will find several hundred articles about pirates (columnists, blogs, news etc.). But I cannot give you the exact listing of articles before the rescue and after the rescue. So if you want to think that I am bluffing, go right ahead.

But you should know by now that I don’t bluff, I merely give the impression of bluffing. You have challenged me many times, and have ended up with egg on your face (remember when you challenged me about giving the link to Drudge Report, over at Canada.com forum? I think you called it ‘a bald faced lie’ or something like that. Just one of the many instances when you ended up with egg on your face).

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It is necessary, DaSleeper. Evidently some posters here seem to think that just because Levant has the right to say what he wants to say, the rest of us should take what the says seriously. That represents a basic misunderstanding of Voltaire’s saying.

Maybe your understanding of Voltaire's saying.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I have just read the last few posts on this thread.

Please see my last post on the issue of stupidity......:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I have read Karl Marx, the Diaries of Che Guevara, Kruschev's memoirs, Bakunin, Jerry Rubin, Jane Fonda, Gloria Steinam, etc etc. .....I know who it is that I don't like, and can explain why.......

I don't need to say "He's A Right Wing Guy!" (or in my case, "He's a Left Wing Guy")

Such arrogance!!!!!

BTW, did you know Abraham Lincoln founded the Republican Party?????

Bloody Right Wingers.

Last edited: