Ewwwwww!

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Saw ads last night on TLC, for a show tonight about a six-year-old Body-builder - this kid has a "six-pack stomach", enlarged Pecs, and the whole works! Pumps iron everday.
My wife and I were wondering what adverse effects this is having on his skeleton or whatever.

Not sure what time it's on, check your listings.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Weight training before puberty will stunt a kid's growth.

Looks like this kid has the male version of anorexia... or he's well on his way.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Saw, when cruising our satellite's on-screen guide, that it was at 10.... thought about it, and went "nahhhh."

HEY, at least I didnt give you a "FIFTY-FOUR YEARS OLD" line on that one - hahahahaha ;)

Biggie

Mar 23, 2005
I have heard that extreme muscle development is detrimental to growth. The main problem is the extraordinary amount of muscle and its effect on growing bones.

As was alluded to earlier, as bones are trying to enlarge and extend, greater muscle mass stops, or at least hinders, the bones from reaching the lengths they would have had no extraordinary muscle mass existed.

BIGGIE

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
You'll be findin' out, Lassy - and a-sooner than ya figger, methinks..... ;)

"Age" is a particularly mean whore - she gets quicker with you, all the time.....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
There's some kind of disease that causes over developed muscles...I wonder if this kid suffers from that and is therefore making the best of a bad situation?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I watched the show ,the kids dad was giving him the juice.Pretty sad that some ass would do that to his own son for money

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
I have seen pictures of this kid before and I think it is horrendous! He would have to be encouraged by the parents to do this to himself...I mean I can't imagine a 10 year old waking up and thinking 'I think I'll be a bodybuilder!' Maybe his Dad wanted to do that but couldn't??

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Jovey said:
Yes this is why those who are professional gymnists are always so tiny.

Jovey
Not anymore. They no longer do weight training with young gymnasts.

Besides, it's the other way around... the best gymnasts tend to be more compact.... not that gymnastics makes people small. If you go into a gym you'll see gymnasts of all shapes and sizes.

snoproblem

Nominee Member
Mar 18, 2005
That kid's parents ought to be lined up and shot.

God knows what damage the 'roids are doing to this kid's body. Wait ten years and see...

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
I know...it's so horrible. But I dunno if that's the right way to kill them...or maybe I'm just too nice... *shrugs*