Ever take a close look at the 10 Commandments?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
ie: gods

Since there is only one God, this is either a metaphor for things that someone worships,or,beings that he worships that are not the true God.

Andy

Seems to me we are not far apart in our beliefs, Andy. You think there is only one God; I think there are zero Gods. Not much difference.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The golden rule. lol I don't mean A.N. Onymous's version either. (He who has the gold makes the rules)
The first golden rule: treat others as you'd like them to treat you.

Thanks, LG. This here golden rool us very important.

Mine is stainless, and it stretches when it gets hot.

Actually, if folks could just forget for a bit that by following the big 10, yer supportin the bible and bible thumpers, and religion, and all that; and just use them as rules to live by............most of em ain't bad.

I said "MOST", right !!!

Christ, no one's perfect.

Woops.:cool:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I recently bought my daughter a poster with the ten
commandments 'first nations' rendition, makes much
more sense than the other one, although many of the
commandments, are just related to good behavior, doesn't
have to have any connection to any god, just our behavior
to each other.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I recently bought my daughter a poster with the ten
commandments 'first nations' rendition, makes much
more sense than the other one, although many of the
commandments, are just related to good behavior, doesn't
have to have any connection to any god, just our behavior
to each other.
Wifey's got one:

1. The Earth is our Mother, care for her.

2. Honor all your relations.

3. Open your heart and soul to the Great Spirit.

4. All life is sacred; treat all things with respect.

5. Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more.

6. Do what needs to be done for the good of all.

7. Give constant thanks to the Great Spirit for each new day.

8. Speak the truth; but only of the good in others.

9. Follow the rhythms of nature; rise and retire with the sun.

10. Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks.

It looks like this:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Wifey's got one:

These definitely have more relevance. I never understood the "kiss my butt or suffer the consequences" biblical version.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Wifey's got one:

It looks like this:

That's it, slightly different picture to the one I bought,
but writings are the same.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
These 10 commandments of the Native Americans may indicate there was a heavenly religion there, and prophets and apostles of God, Who sent His apostles to all nations.

As in the Quran 16: 36
وَلَقَدْ بَعَثْنَا فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَّسُولاً أَنِ اعْبُدُواْ اللّهَ وَاجْتَنِبُواْ الطَّاغُوتَ
The explanation:
(We did send into every nation an apostle [proclaiming]: "[O people] serve God [alone], and avoid [following] the arrogant [: Satan and every arrogant king or chief.]")

Moreover, what they called "The Great Spirit" may be their name of God Almighty: the Creator.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
These 10 commandments of the Native Americans may indicate there was a heavenly religion there, and prophets and apostles of God, Who sent His apostles to all nations.

As in the Quran 16: 36
وَلَقَدْ بَعَثْنَا فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَّسُولاً أَنِ اعْبُدُواْ اللّهَ وَاجْتَنِبُواْ الطَّاغُوتَ
The explanation:
(We did send into every nation an apostle [proclaiming]: "[O people] serve God [alone], and avoid [following] the arrogant [: Satan and every arrogant king or chief.]")

Moreover, what they called "The Great Spirit" may be their name of God Almighty: the Creator.

Wow! Now you are starting to get the picture. The word was given to all people of all historical time frames in all geographical locations. The Arab world was given the Quran but Native Americans were given their belief system and African, Indians, etc. were given theirs. The Quran is not the only book or system. People were given the word in terms that they could understand. There is no one book or system that works for everybody. You can retire now knowing that it has all been taken care of.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yeah, those "apostles" were Christians from Europe who came to beat their new religion into the savages ........ or rather introduce Christianity to the people native to North Am.
Someone in recent times came up with these commandments to fit traditional aboriginal modes of thought. Until about 350 years ago, aboriginal religious philosophy had nothing to do with heavens, the Islamic or Christian gods. That means they had their own spirits for the 15,000 years before that.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Wow! Now you are starting to get the picture. The word was given to all people of all historical time frames in all geographical locations. The Arab world was given the Quran but Native Americans were given their belief system and African, Indians, etc. were given theirs. The Quran is not the only book or system. People were given the word in terms that they could understand. There is no one book or system that works for everybody. You can retire now knowing that it has all been taken care of.
? I don't think so.
The aboriginal spirits seem to be a reversal of the Christian and Islamic gods. The native spirits were pro-Earth. The other two seem to be pro-human and Earth doesn't matter. Natural as opposed to unnatural, as it were.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
? I don't think so.
The aboriginal spirits seem to be a reversal of the Christian and Islamic gods. The native spirits were pro-Earth. The other two seem to be pro-human and Earth doesn't matter. Natural as opposed to unnatural, as it were.
You are right. I was only trying to convince one of our local doomsayers to go away. I don't know what keeps eanassir and herald coming back with their doom and gloom. No amount of harassment seems to work, so I thought I would try a different tactic that opportunity presented.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
You are right. I was only trying to convince one of our local doomsayers to go away. I don't know what keeps eanassir and herald coming back with their doom and gloom. No amount of harassment seems to work, so I thought I would try a different tactic that opportunity presented.
If no-one replied to them, I think they'd eventually tire of trying to convince themselves. :D

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I wonder if F**k OFF would work. :lol::lol::lol: