Elton John Burning Church

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Hermann: Same'ol same'ol there , eh?

Nikki: That dum ass says things like that againt anyone or anything that is not Catholic.:-|

If Sanctus was on this board right now, he would 'scold' him, as he has done in the past. He
embarrasses his own religion by being so arrogant and narrow minded.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
"Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me"

all I need to quote...he didnt care if you were gay, strait or a celebate...and he also didnt really want you to attend Satanic Saul's sodomite society neither...where the officials like to also try their luck at homosexuality....usually with illegal young boys against their wills.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
It is time to give the cheeky little b*stard a taste of his own medicine. Granted, Elton's a fine musician but I haven't the least doubt I can find on any given night of the week, in the local hostel for the indigent, more worldly and insightful minds than his when it comes to world affairs. Elton, shut your pie hole, you pastry-prancin', gluttonous little spooner! Who really cares what you think? Play and go home and zip your boot chute!

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I don't see why I should be so mad about something Elton John says or does in his show. He isn't that important.

Religion is the easiest way for celebrities to get headlines. It's like when Madonna put herself on a cross on her last tour. Personally, none of it offends me. I just don't see why an image of a burning church (or synagogue or mosque) is taboo. It's a building as far as I'm concerned.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I don't see why I should be so mad about something Elton John says or does in his show. He isn't that important.

Religion is the easiest way for celebrities to get headlines. It's like when Madonna put herself on a cross on her last tour. Personally, none of it offends me. I just don't see why an image of a burning church (or synagogue or mosque) is taboo. It's a building as far as I'm concerned.

it's just a building (alright, a building that represents the repression of countless millions through the centuries...but that's all it is.) Besides, Ii bet the King of the Hebrews who came up with this self-worship cult is having a right giggle these days.

go for it Elton....perhaps you could burn a taster sample of every other organised cult (I mean religion) also.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Daz, you're eating too many hockey pucks. If there's an institution that has blighted Canada or Britain it is its parliament. Enclaves of self-satisfied toadies who look after their own little skittle on the pond first. If you want to throw a bodycheck look at our legislatures. Conniving, self-serving pools of eminent self-interest.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
It wasn't a real church though, since it was Anglican I think.

And this means what Michael? God is not in the hearts of those in that church who believe? That He has ignored them because of their label? Well it is true we have issues with areas of Anglican Communion theology and practices, this has little to do with the intent of the people who worship in that church.

Since it is Holy Week, I trust you are planning on making your confession. In doing so, ask God to open your heart to the possiblity that His salvation extends far greater than our prejudices.

csanopal

Electoral Member
Dec 22, 2006
Toronto, ON
And this means what Michael? God is not in the hearts of those in that church who believe? That He has ignored them because of their label? Well it is true we have issues with areas of Anglican Communion theology and practices, this has little to do with the intent of the people who worship in that church.

Since it is Holy Week, I trust you are planning on making your confession. In doing so, ask God to open your heart to the possiblity that His salvation extends far greater than our prejudices.

I don't quite understand this. Are you suggesting that the Catholic Church is not the true Church? That it dosen't matter what denomination we belong to? Not picking on you Father, just seeking clarification.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I don't quite understand this. Are you suggesting that the Catholic Church is not the true Church? That it dosen't matter what denomination we belong to? Not picking on you Father, just seeking clarification.

I would certainly suggest that........Saul mever met Christ.....But Mary and Joseph of Aramathia stayed in Britain.......home of the Anglo's....today at least.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I would certainly suggest that........Saul mever met Christ.....But Mary and Joseph of Aramathia stayed in Britain.......home of the Anglo's....today at least.

As a matter of fact, Saul did meet Christ, in a rather remarkable tale found in the book of Acts.

And I am not familiar with the Holy Family having been in Britain!

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

No, that is not what I am suggesting. We are the fullness of the faith. That is, all that can be found in the faith in Christ is faithfully and fully present in the Catholic Church. However, that is not to suggest that Christ is not present in other denominations who seek His presence as dearly as we do. Though deficient, or better put, lacking, in the fullness of the faith, still they maintain parts of it and this we must cherish.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
As a matter of fact, Saul did meet Christ, in a rather remarkable tale found in the book of Acts.

And I am not familiar with the Holy Family having been in Britain!

I am quite shocked Sanctus....so you were not aware that the old song "Jerusalem" was actually about the old tale of how Jesus and his uncle came to the furthest reaches of the roman empire during those "missing years"?...the lines "and did the holly lamb of god...walk upon England's garden green" kind of gives it away.

Legend also has it that Mary visited Britain several times during her lifetime...I though Saul saw a vision of Christ on a pilgramige to Damascus and never actually met the man....sorry if I'm wrong there..it's just what my old IT Teacher...Rev. Brian McHugh told me.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I am quite shocked Sanctus....so you were not aware that the old song "Jerusalem" was actually about the old tale of how Jesus and his uncle came to the furthest reaches of the roman empire during those "missing years"?...the lines "and did the holly lamb of god...walk upon England's garden green" kind of gives it away.

Legend also has it that Mary visited Britain several times during her lifetime...I though Saul saw a vision of Christ on a pilgramige to Damascus and never actually met the man....sorry if I'm wrong there..it's just what my old IT Teacher...Rev. Brian McHugh told me.

That was the event I wrote of! :) Rather facetuous of me!

No, I am not aware of the song at all. I have heard the legend you speak of, but also know that we have little evidence of same. Not entirely impossible. One thing we do know, though, is the Blessed Virgin stayed primarily with St. John after the death of her Son. They had a home in Ephesus for some time.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
That was the event I wrote of! :) Rather facetuous of me!

No, I am not aware of the song at all. I have heard the legend you speak of, but also know that we have little evidence of same. Not entirely impossible. One thing we do know, though, is the Blessed Virgin stayed primarily with St. John after the death of her Son. They had a home in Ephesus for some time.

When I was down in the west country on the south coast of England (just before Cornwall) I found a church that....according to locals....was set up by Jesus while his uncle was tin prospecting. There are countless stories of his family members coming to Britain just like France (but if you consider the time, and the newsest freshest land to investigate at that time for a rather rich fellow like his uncle....it's not really suprising).

It's all hearsay, but I just feel that, okay, the church of England was set up to allow Henry the 8th to marry many times, but the Anglican church cannot be written off simply because they do not have a pope or supposedly no contact with Christ, whereas actually they've probably had a great deal of contact according to popular legend.

*the song I mentioned was based on a poem by William Blake, it is also currently being considered as the national anthem of England, but here is a wiki link to it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_did_those_feet_in_ancient_time

Last edited: