Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Easter Uprising: In t

Daz_Hockey said:
"ahhhhh yes my celtic brothers"

I really hate this BS, my Family consists of nothing further than welsh, irish and west country english people who were the original english, many of my mothers ancestors were sent to australia for nothing more than stealing an apple, oh yes, the British empire was harsh, cruel and unjust, you'll never get me saying otherwise.

But what your misguided ramblings also forget to point out is the good things the british gave the world, like a decent parlimentary and law system, a world-wide language and many, many other things (like the world-wide-web, Computers and supersonic travel).

I REALLY hate this "Celtic brotherhood" rubbish....while sitting in another continent, were those irish celtic brothers there and united with us Celtic britons when the germanic tribes invaded?....no...they were just like you....sat in the saftey of their own little island.

The fact of the matter is that the celts and the germanic tribes, in the end are one and the same....so go ahead, sit their spout off about the evil british empire, but the reason you have the RIGHT to say this is because of the BRITISH......MAGNA CARTA, a document with a million times more world impact than the Decleration of independence......WHERE DID THE IDEA OF LIBERTY COME FROM EH?.....WAS IT IRELAND?.....WAS IT FRANCE?....WAS IT IN THE GOD ALMIGHTY USA?.......NO IT WAS A BRITISH IDEA.....DONT SLAG MY COUNTRY OFF AGAIN

Yes parliment systems which the Catholic Irish were not allowed to vote in, nor take part in. The only way they could vote or get elected was to convert. So don't give me that load of shit. The Magna Carta is yet another document which did next to nothing for the Catholic Irish as well.

Please tell me where I said the Irish invented Liberty? We just wanted it!!!!! Wanting it and inventing it is two different things.

You also don't seem to know two shits about European language groups, as the gaelic group is it's own language group and has nothing to do with either the Romantic tongues, maygars, germanic or slavic groups. Yes gaulic was once spoken in Germany, it was once spoken in almost all of Europe at one time but the gaulic tribes where pushed out by other langage groups such as the germanic tribes, Romans and nordic. This is a fact of life and you can see anywhere that the celtic tongue is it's own group.

Also don't slag your nation.... f*ck all the Irish have asked for was to be left the f*ck alone by your county. We don't try to colonize you, or anything else so damnit... don't play the innocent little brit being pushed around boyo. I really do hope the Scotts one day leave the UK, as Ireland is the only current Celtic nation, two would be nice. :D

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Easter Uprising: In t

maybe someone should leave a sign on your house....something like "Al-quaede Bomb here"....the british this, the british that....oh how I love the fact they worship a man from around the road in somerset.

Lets get something strait as well...."The british" refers to the Britons, who were the original celtic forebearers of my land, the "British" are as celtic as the irish and have been blamed by people like you for nothing more than living in a land ruled by another tribe.....generally it is the Anglo/Saxon/Jutes/Norse-Normans Angles who your misplaced anger is really aimed at.

the fact is, it's nothing more than tribal warfare, you win some land you lose some land, to you my views may seem slightly at odds with themselves, but just remember, the world owes a lot to the english......what does it owe the irish?....Guiness?...lol

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

so you deny the welsh and cornish people their racial history too?.....go back far enough and the tribes of europe are one, please dont nit-pick.....and if you really must insist in the celtic union rubbish...check the nationality of half the british parliment.....check who wasnt allowed it's ow national assembly.

please, this celtic brotherhood rubbish is done to death.....come to wales, come to old south wales (Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset) meet real celtic people who are very much english....but also Gaelic.....nah you are as ignorant as the next man

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

Daz_Hockey said:
maybe someone should leave a sign on your house....something like "Al-quaede Bomb here"....the british this, the british that....oh how I love the fact they worship a man from around the road in somerset.

Lets get something strait as well...."The british" refers to the Britons, who were the original celtic forebearers of my land, the "British" are as celtic as the irish and have been blamed by people like you for nothing more than living in a land ruled by another tribe.....generally it is the Anglo/Saxon/Jutes/Norse-Normans Angles who your misplaced anger is really aimed at.

the fact is, it's nothing more than tribal warfare, you win some land you lose some land, to you my views may seem slightly at odds with themselves, but just remember, the world owes a lot to the english......what does it owe the irish?....Guiness?...lol

The Britons which were a celtic tribe during ancient times which were under Roman domination. Once the Saxon's invaded Briton in which they pushed back the surviving Briton celts to Scotland, and Wales and perhaps Ireland. Sure the Saxon's may have inter-married with some of the celts, but in general it is believed they were not interested in a people they saw as weak and only interested in the land. Gaulic and ancient Saxon-Germanic were two different tongues, it's like saying English and Chiness langages are the same because people speak chiness in the USA.

So since you are taking this whole new and more internationalist view on this issue, then if we are the same heritage, then why doesn't the UK join up with Ireland and become apart of the Irish Republic and then you can teach what you see as a sister tongue gaulic in the schools over there?

also I don't get this whole thing about Al-Qaeda, bombing my house. I don't understand how you have placed this into this argument at all?

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

Daz_Hockey said:
so you deny the welsh and cornish people their racial history too?.....go back far enough and the tribes of europe are one, please dont nit-pick.....and if you really must insist in the celtic union rubbish...check the nationality of half the british parliment.....check who wasnt allowed it's ow national assembly.

please, this celtic brotherhood rubbish is done to death.....come to wales, come to old south wales (Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset) meet real celtic people who are very much english....but also Gaelic.....nah you are as ignorant as the next man

Nope I don't denny anyone there history. I do not know why you are trying to say this. I a merely saying leave Ireland alone and yet you are trying to make it sound like I'm attacking British history.

The Celtic people are not English or Anglo-Saxon my friend, the English, the opressors of Ireland were Anglo-saxon. This debate was over 90 years ago with the creation of the Irish Free state as an act of British parliment!!! read your history

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
BTW even Mr De Valera, who you have demonized, took the oath to the British crown in 1927 before forming Fianna Fáil and thus took part in the Irish Free state which still had ties to the UK at that time.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Only because he HAD to take the oath. He abolished it in 1932, although the Irish Free State was still (technically) a part of Britain until about 1949. That's when it became the Republic of Ireland. Although, even now, the British and Irish do NOT need passports to visit each other's countries, and the British can vote in Republic of Ireland's General Elections and the people of the Republic of Ireland can vote in Britain's General Elections, so we are still sort of linked as one.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Easter Uprising: In the end it beat the British

Blackleaf said:
Only because he HAD to take the oath. He abolished it in 1932, although the Irish Free State was still (technically) a part of Britain until about 1949. That's when it became the Republic of Ireland. Although, even now, the British and Irish do NOT need passports to visit each other's countries, and the British can vote in Republic of Ireland's General Elections and the people of the Republic of Ireland can vote in Britain's General Elections, so we are still sort of linked as one.

Ireland and the UK are nabours Blackleaf, nobody can denny that, and yes I know the very passport I am getting from Ireland currently will allow me to vote in Ireland and the UK if I were to move to move over there (I can vote in the Irish elections once I get my passport). I do not denny a connection between the two nations only that the two nations should stay seperated and that Ireland under colonial rule was not treated fairly nor well, which lead many Irish, like De Valera, who first hand after the easter uprising was held and watched the leaders of the uprising being shoot. He also saw the daily life of the Irish under British rule. To demonize him for not liking the Brith is somewhat..... going overboard. I do not think De Valera was right historically since the Irish Free state was the best thing to happen to Ireland and he could not forsee this and somehow thought cicil war and the death of the greatist Irish leader ever would somehow help Ireland.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Republic of Ireland was indeed neutral, but allowed the British in a secret deal to use Irish air space, also Ireland was a stagging ground for jews fleeing Europe to the states as a transfer point.
They didn't allow the British and American ships to use thier ports.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Finder said:
Daz_Hockey said:

Nope I don't denny anyone there history. I do not know why you are trying to say this. I a merely saying leave Ireland alone and yet you are trying to make it sound like I'm attacking British history.

The Celtic people are not English or Anglo-Saxon my friend, the English, the opressors of Ireland were Anglo-saxon. This debate was over 90 years ago with the creation of the Irish Free state as an act of British parliment!!! read your history

The English are a mongrel race. All sorts of people have amde England their home.

Cornwall and Cumbria are 2 English counties, but the people in those counties are Celtic and used to speak their own Celtic languages. But they are still English.

And the Irish are Celtic and supported the Germans in both World Wars, so all this "Celtic people are never naughty" stuff is just rubbish.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The British empire is over, and though you may cry yourself to sleep over this or denny it, the fact is Britian is no more immportant then the next nation and no matter how much the British try the decline of the British empire is pretty much over now, leaving the UK pretty much as a small back water nation state. Let's see if you guys can even keep your own little island together.

Britain is more important than Canada. Apart of the non-important fact that Canada has a larger land area, Britain is larger than Canada in every way.

And I don 't cry myself to sleep over the British Empire. I'm glad we had an Empire, and Americans and Canadians are probably just jealous. The end of Empire doesn't bother me. At least we've had one, and in recent times. We've "been there and done that". Whereas Canada has ALWAYS been an insignificant nation (I don't even know who your Prime Minister is) and you have armed forces but complain and take to the streets in anti-war demos whenever one of your soldiers in Afghanistan breaks a fingernail.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Blackleaf wrote:
Britain is more important than Canada. Apart of the non-important fact that Canada has a larger land area, Britain is larger than Canada in every way.

And I don 't cry myself to sleep over the British Empire. I'm glad we had an Empire, and Americans and Canadians are probably just jealous. The end of Empire doesn't bother me. At least we've had one, and in recent times. We've "been there and done that". Whereas Canada has ALWAYS been an insignificant nation (I don't even know who your Prime Minister is) and you have armed forces but complain and take to the streets in anti-war demos whenever one of your soldiers in Afghanistan breaks a fingernail.

I think Canada's contribution in two world wars was very significant, as were our efforts in the Korean war.

You seem very bitter about Canada Blackleaf. Did Canadian immigration turn you down? You say you don't know who our prime minister is. That simply shows your ignorance. We know who your prime minister is. He's the little guy with his nose up President Bush's backside.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Scottish nationalism seems to be a problem now and then. Ahhhh yes my other celtic brothers. :p
Suits me.

Scotland is our Quebec. Get rid of Scotland, then England will be £10 billion a year richer, as that's how much English taxpayers pay in subsidies to Scotland each year.

Scotland is the only British nation that takes more OUT of the Treasury each year than it puts in.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
#juan said:
Blackleaf wrote:

I think Canada's contribution in two world wars was very significant, as were our efforts in the Korean war.

You seem very bitter about Canada Blackleaf. Did Canadian immigration turn you down? You say you don't know who our prime minister is. That simply shows your ignorance. We know who your prime minister is. He's the little guy with his nose up President Bush's backside.
I'm not bitter about Canada. I'm just reponding to Finder's attacks on Britain.

Canadian immigration didn't turn me down. I have no intention of leaving this great country - especially to an empty country like Canada.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here's an article I found written by an American of Northern Irish descent -

Friday, December 30, 2005

Irish Republic Mourned the Death of Hitler

It's been known for years--well, actually, now that I think about it--it's been known since 1945: the government of the Irish Republic officially mourned the death of Adolph Hitler.

That's right. You read that right. Remember that the next St. Patrick's Day when some Irish-American gets all weepy about Ireland.

While our allies in Northern Ireland (UK), good Ulstermen, both Protestant and Catholic (like my own grandfather), were volunteering to fight side-by-side with us Americans in WWII, the leaders of "Eire" were officially neutral, hiding behind John Bull and Uncle Sam while biting at both their ankles and secretly rooting for the Germans. Remember that the next time you read that the Irish don't much care for the U.S. Government, our foreign policy or President Bush; nothing new there. Remember that the next time former Irish President Mary Robinson lectures you.

Over the years, good (that is to say, liberal) Irishmen and women have denied that this ever took place. Their story usually is something like: "okay, we were neutral, but it's more complicated than that and, in reality, we actually aided the U.K. and the U.S. by providing intelligence and holding any Germans that we got hold of, but this 'condolences on the death of Hitler' thing is just Unionist propaganda, making a mountain out of a simple diplomatic protocol molehill."

Like most liberal history re-writing, it simply isn't true.

Contemporary reports are beginning to butress the truth of the matter, as illustrated by this report from this morning by the AP:

Irish President Offered Nazis Condolences
By SHAWN POGATCHNIK, Associated Press Writer

Ireland's president during World War II offered condolences to Nazi Germany's representative in Dublin over the death of Adolf Hitler, newly declassified government records show.

Until now, historians had believed that Ireland's prime minister at the time, Eamon de Valera, was the only government leader to convey official condolences to Eduard Hempel, director of the German diplomatic corps in Ireland. De Valera's gesture "unique among leaders of neutral nations in the final weeks of World War II" was criticized worldwide.

The presidential protocol record for 1938-1957, made public this week within a trove of previously secret government documents, shed new light on one of the most embarrassing chapters in the history of independent Ireland - its decision to maintain cordial relations with the Nazis even after news of the Holocaust emerged.

The new document confirmed that President Douglas Hyde visited Hempel on May 3, 1945, a day after Ireland received reports of Hitler's death.

The newly released document says Hyde "who served as Ireland's symbolic head of state from 1938 to 1945 and died in 1949" visited Hempel at the diplomat's home in Dun Laoghaire, a Dublin suburb. It says the president did not send an official letter of condolence to German government headquarters because "the capital of Germany, Berlin, was under siege and no successor had been appointed."

The Republic of Ireland, then called Eire, remained neutral throughout World War II, which in local parlance was called "The Emergency."

Tens of thousands of Irishmen volunteered to serve in British military units, but many others rooted for Germany against their old imperial master Britain. The outlawed Irish Republican Army built contacts with the Nazis in an ultimately fruitless effort to receive weapons and money for insurrection in neighboring Northern Ireland, a British territory.

De Valera's government brutally suppressed the IRA but also rebuffed requests to allow Jews fleeing Nazi persecution to receive asylum in Ireland. De Valera also refused to allow Britain or the United States to use strategic Irish ports for protecting Atlantic convoys from attacks by German U-boat submarines, a policy that cost thousands of Allied seamen's lives.

In his May 1945 victory speech, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill condemned de Valera's neutrality. Churchill said Britain had considered laying "a violent hand" on neutral Ireland to seize its ports, but avoided this thanks to the crucial support of Northern Ireland, which remained part of the United Kingdom when the island was partitioned in 1921.

But de Valera argued that to refuse condolences "would have been an act of unpardonable discourtesy to the German nation and to Dr. Hempel himself. During the whole of the war, Dr. Hempel's conduct was irreproachable. ... I certainly was not going to add to his humiliation in the hour of defeat."

I'm sure it's also news to American "progressives" that the IRA allied itself to the Nazi cause, just as its allied itself to radical Islam today.

Remember all this the next time some smug Irish person lords it all over you as an unwashed American. You might say something like, "Yes, we do have the death penalty in the U.S., but you'll excuse me if I don't take moral lessons from a citizen of a country that regretted the passing of Hitler while mine was fighting tooth and nail for the free Europe you enjoy today and somehow think that you built."

Or something like that.

http://newsisyphus.blogspot.com/2005/12/irish-republic-mourned-death-of-hitler.html

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Blackleaf, you think you are responding to my attacks, I am merely responding to your orginal attacks on Irish figurers and the fact that Ireland is a seperate Republic from the UK.

As a Canadian I am not jealous of the UK, hell Canada had to be pushed away from the UK as Canada was one of the few Domions which didn't really want to leave. I think Canada should have a relationship with the UK and this is shown with our envolvment with the commonwealth.

As for Quebec I hope they stay in Canada but they have the right to leave if they chose to. As for Scotland, well it's their choice too.

The only reason I highlighted Scotland early was because it was said that the gaulic people and tongue are rooted with that of the Anglo-saxons which is complete and utter ignorance to anyone who knows the langage groups of Europe. Though Blackleaf I know it was not you who said such ignorant dripple. The Scottish have more in common with teh Irish then the British. The two main common features of the British and the Scotish is they share the same island and the religion is simuler, where Ireland neither are shared. When you also consider that the Isle of Man is also Celtic, the only part of the UK which is not celtic or celtic dominated is that of the Anglo-Saxon Britian, which are the traditional rulers of the UK.

As the other person pointed out there were once a tribe of ancient Bretons which were Celtic but which were pushed back and perhaps mixed at points with the Saxon's.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

Nah....this "other person"...will also point out to you that...1. you CANNOT smear england with this statement that it's people have no right to claim celtic descent, while yes, many are also germanic in descent, the ruling classes are invariably germanic....but, a point that I feel a lot of north americans forget is that most of the white public are probably at least 50% of each, I am a lot more than that.

the fact as I see it is this, ok, to a person of irish ancestry (I had this arguement in new york) the English may have commited a LOT of crimes in ireland for a sustained period of time....BUT when you consider that a country who, itself was coverted by every nation in europe for hundreds, if not thousands of years, who had finally began uniting as one....whahooo...who's it gonna challange eh?....EVERYONE around it.......and who happens to be the nearest?...yes thats right, our celtic brothers across the water, it was only natural, just look over the giants causeway.

I'm sorry but this was a bloody, bloody bitter local rivalry where england happend to, just like it's other neighbours, gain the upper hand....unfortunatly, what happens then is you find the losers go into excile and hatred festers, thats what has happened with that dirty little group called the CINA.....it eats you up, its over, ireland has it's own country, they allowed n.ireland to remain prt of britain, it's gone, but they cant help sitting on the other side of the world and playing the "we are the victims" role.

I'm sorry, but this is done, Ireland will NEVER get northern ireland back unless the nationalists leave, which they will not, so please, please dont suggest that ireland will be united because, unless you beilive in ethnic cleansing, it's not going to happen.

and on the point of canada wanting to stay part of the empire, I actually completely agree, beautiful place, and as I've said before, I think those 2 carribean islands could bridge a gap between our two nations

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
especially to an empty country like Canada.

Obviously you've never been here. It is far from empty, though we could drop the whole of England, from John O'Groats to Land's End, into B'C.'s north woods and probably never see it again. I won't keep you. I know you have to go lion hunting in Sherwood Forest.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I think Blackleaf meant in terms of population density. Comparing the UK's nearly 400 people per square kilometer with Canada's 3 people per square kilometer, thats would seem pretty empty to him. :D

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Can you imagine being cooped up on that Island with all those English people? :p