Earth Day Aprill 22, 2015

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
if there were a carbon exchange.

... and there isn't. It's an imaginary currency ... the Emperor's new clothes ... selling the family cow in exchange for some magic beans.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I'll be driving around in a 1 ton service van that get's 8 miles to the gallon if we're lucky. Then I'll go home. Turn all 5 TV's on in the house, along with all the lights, turn the Hot tub to high with both pumps running and turn the furnace fan on to continuous run.

Well, you're sure gonna show them.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Fewer and fewer people get behind this initiative as each year passes... Consider this the weather vane of the degree of importance this movement plays in the lives of the average global citizen

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Interesting that no one seems to have watched the video. It is about the Kogi people of Columbia and their message to the world. They are an interesting people who have, for all intents and purposes, avoided "civilization" until recently when their elders sent them out into the world to share their wisdom about our shared responsibility as stewards of the planet. I know from reading the comments that not too many people give a sh!t about leaving an inhabitable place for our children's children and that personal comfort is more important than anybody else, so I guess what will be will be. Just remember that Karma is a bitch when you are.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Interesting that no one seems to have watched the video. It is about the Kogi people of Columbia and their message to the world. They are an interesting people who have, for all intents and purposes, avoided "civilization" until recently when their elders sent them out into the world to share their wisdom about our shared responsibility as stewards of the planet. I know from reading the comments that not too many people give a sh!t about leaving an inhabitable place for our children's children and that personal comfort is more important than anybody else, so I guess what will be will be. Just remember that Karma is a bitch when you are.
Wow, you pursue the same kind of fairy tale/revenge fantasy as the Christers. You just (mis)use different terms.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I'll be driving around in a 1 ton service van that get's 8 miles to the gallon if we're lucky. Then I'll go home. Turn all 5 TV's on in the house, along with all the lights, turn the Hot tub to high with both pumps running and turn the furnace fan on to continuous run.

What do you do on Mother's Day? Punch your mom in the face? :lol:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Should he maybe head over to Mom's house, cut all the electricity, turn off the heat and convince her that is the greatest gift he could possibly give her?

Say, maybe the next stop is off to the hospital to unplug all of the life support equipment to patients as a tribute to Earth Day

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I expect that coming from someone who lines his pockets with the spoils of destroying the planet.

Eggzackery!

Why, just this morning, I got up, had a cup of unethical trade coffee, warmed my car up for 45 minutes (it was only +2!).. By then, the car was too hot, so another 45 min with the A/C on full blast... I wiled-away the time by shooting some snow leopards and then bulldozing some fields that I know house 8 families of burrowing owls.

By that time, I was all-a-tuckered-out so back to bed for a mid morning nap (left the car idling with the A/C just in case I wanted to drive later).