DST - Problems - Benefits

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So in spring I hang a 25 hr clock and come fall I put it away and hang a 24hr clock? But then snow will form faster in the sky?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So in spring I hang a 25 hr clock and come fall I put it away and hang a 24hr clock? But then snow will form faster in the sky?

Petros
Sorry - only 23 hrs 59 odd minutes in a day - But it is my opinion that more snow will form between Oct and Mar - then between Apr to Sept-
Just my opinion though - this only apllies to Canada.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If I lived at the North Pole I wouldn't have to worry about any of this. In Summer the sun would never set. It would just circle at the horizon. DST would mean little at the pole. One thing bothers me though. How do you give directions on the pole when every direction is south.....:roll:

But then the Earths Magnetic South Pole is really a magnetic North Pole. -

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
If I lived at the North Pole I wouldn't have to worry about any of this. In Summer the sun would never set. It would just circle at the horizon. DST would mean little at the pole. One thing bothers me though. How do you give directions on the pole when every direction is south.....:roll:

Good question. Left, Right, or maybe a bunch of "over yonders"...:lol:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Quick Canadian fact: The inukshuk in the shape of a man is a European invention.
Actually, the shape (whatever it is) of an Inukshuk is purely subjective to the critter who authored it, much like clouds.