Dog banning

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Thanks I will write it down and try it out :p I like the part about flipping him on his back :p

My 2 cents on pit bulls are....make them go away please. Thank you.

pitbull

Nov 15, 2007
"Are they protecting their owners when they attack small dogs and small children?"
The animals that end up in these unfortunite situations are dog raised in bad inviroments.
What did you think about the government statistics that where posted.
I checked http://www.safety-council.org/news/sc/1999/dogbites.htm and found the following information:

According to the study, the most common biters are
• german shepherds
• cocker spaniels
• rottweilers
• golden retrievers
Should these breeds be banned as well.? They never will be because of their status as familay pets. Does this make them more likely to be violent then pit bulls? I think the publics view is slandered because of what they see and hear through media. Media would have a load of trouble trying change the general public's opion about labs, even though there bread for hunting.The same goes for smaller dogs with big dog mentalites.
Yes the breed was used in the past for fighting , but most dog breeds where. I can't stand hearing all the hype people put forth involving pit bulls and violence. Yes your aloud your own opion, but your makes me sick. Agree with government and keep fearing the breed. Personally i will carry on own pit bulls even when a country wide ban is inforced. Ive grown up with pit bulls my twenty odd years on this planet, and hope to pass away the same. Pit bulls for life, and yes the expression is true, “Punish the deed, not the breed.” I bet most of the people who signed that potision have never met or been around pit bulls before. They just agree with media and follow the trend.Also the lock jaw that pit bulls are nown for is a joke. They do not hve lock jaw. They are given a gift of never giving up. Rotti and german shepard have stronger bitting forces then pit bulls. :angryfire:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
hello and welcome to our forum pitbull.

The thread you've replied to, while some may still bite and join in the conversation, is from 2004, and many of the users engaged in it are no longer active here. You may wish to look for a more recent thread, or start a new one of your own.

Also, please feel free to pop into the 'introductions' area of our little oasis, and introduce yourself to the crowd.

Enjoy your time here!