Does God Really Exist?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
And what makes you think that everybody (or anybody) will accept his pearls of wisdom as the Gospel truth?

Unlike you who seems to have no respect for those who have more knowledge than you, I realize that most people know more than I do about certain things - religion is not a subject that I profess to know much about, so I'm inclined to listen to experts in the field. I think your close mindedness and arrogance is obvious to most people. :smile:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Unlike you who seems to have no respect for those who have more knowledge than you, I realize that most people know more than I do about certain things - religion is not a subject that I profess to know much about, so I'm inclined to listen to experts in the field.

A theologian starts with the wrong premise, that God exists, and he (the theologian) knows the nature and shape, form of God.

Since I don't believe in God, I wouldn't believe anything a theologian says. And I suspect neither would anybody who disagrees with him.

I think your close mindedness and arrogance is obvious to most people. :smile:
Really. Hardly my problem, is it? But you are right about close mindedness, I have a closed mind when it comes to God. I have decided after careful consideration that God doesn't exist.

I am open to being convinced of existence of God, but I really cannot think of any argument, any proof anyone can put forth that will convince me.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Sir Porker is soo funny sometimes.

Anyway, there's no evidence of gods existence and obviously there's no evidence of non-existence either, so no-one can say conclusively that there are or are not gods.
THAT is the only logical conclusion. And IMO, it does not matter to humans whether there are gods or not because we have no evidence of them. Any guesses as to what gods are like (if there are gods) is moot because we cannot know them and attributing human traits to them is a bit arrogant and ignorant.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Homes or "houses" as in "houses of the Zodiac'?
I said "homes". Not "houses". Astrology is beyond my comprehension so I don't mention it often.I meant "homes" as in seniors' homes as applied to gods.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Exactly! And that is exactly the point I was making about god(s)
Yeah but the only places there is evidence for their existences is in books and obviously human imaginations. So, in that sense, they exist for everyone. Tangibly, their existence is anyone's guess.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I said "homes". Not "houses". Astrology is beyond my comprehension so I don't mention it often.I meant "homes" as in seniors' homes as applied to gods.
Check out John 14:2

In my Father's house are many homes. If it weren't so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.