Do you really know what Canadian Tire has done to your car?

ChickenOnTable

Jan 28, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I had a very bad experience with Canadian Tire Auto Service (2160 Carling Ave, Ottawa) on Jan 13 (Sunday), 2008. They installed a wrong front driving axle at passenger side in my car. After I asked them to restore my car to its original condition, they left the wrong axle in my car and let me drive home. The wrong axle was found and taken out by another mechanic in Tony Graham (1955 Merivale Road) right next day. I picked up my car at Tony Graham and bought back the wrong axle on Jan 16. If you are interested in this story, go to my blog http://unfair-practice.blogspot.com/ to get the entire story and proofs of my car's condition before and after this problem.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
This isn't new...

NEVER HAVE CAN TRASH TOUCH YOUR CAR MECHANICALLY OR OTHERWISE!!!

PERIOD!!!

I had an 84 Buick Skylark, took it in for a discount oil change. Got ATF in my engine, instead of engine oil.

Car died painfully, about 3 km's from the store, engine shot. Took it back, fought like hell to get them to fix there mistake, got a new engine.

Three engines later, I scrapped the car, within the year.

NEVER and I repete!!! NEVER LET CAN TRASH TOUCH YOUR CAR!!!

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
I had a Cavalier when i was younger and the exsuast fell off while i was going down a dirt road...bumps and what not.....I asked them to replace it and they said ok......They used apoxy or something and put it back together, and wired it up charged me 270.......luckly for me i was pretty bright and looked at it when i got out to the parking lot...made them give me a new exsaust and i installed it myself and got 190 back.

ChickenOnTable

Jan 28, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
it is always a wise idea to have a second look what they did

I had a Cavalier when i was younger and the exsuast fell off while i was going down a dirt road...bumps and what not.....I asked them to replace it and they said ok......They used apoxy or something and put it back together, and wired it up charged me 270.......luckly for me i was pretty bright and looked at it when i got out to the parking lot...made them give me a new exsaust and i installed it myself and got 190 back.

it is always a wise idea to have a second look what they did

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
According to what I know, Canadian Tire sells the rights to their garages on a franchise basis, so any certified mechanic can buy and operate there. You can get some great ones, or some crappy ones, like any other garage under the sun.