do you have the backbone?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I think it's great they are biased against Canada. It shows they like something they can't have and cut it down as we do them.

It's all goofy playground type stuff and as an adult I enjoy observing it and egging it on.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Tracy, impressive collection of FOXNews contributors, anchors and commentators, who offended your sensibilities while they appeared on or hosted their own show on FOXNews.

I looked up some youtube clips, articles, etc. by other Americans. I found that if you boycott FOXNews for perceived anti-Canadian bias, you should also boycott the Comedy Network, (Stewart and Colbert), NBC (Leno), CBS (Letterman), CNN (Cafferty and Dobbs),
who were less than kind on Canada, once in a while.

Of course, the Canadian media were always nice, polite and respectful of America, and especially of President Bush.

Where did I say I boycott Fox News? I actually implied the opposite. I told you that either Fox or CNN is the default channel in the breakroom at work, remember? If I wanted to boycott it, I'd have to skip any meals on my 12 hour shift.

I also didn't say they offend my sensibilities. I oftentimes find them funny. I believe I told you that already too. It isn't what I'd choose to watch for actual news for the more obvious reason (they aren't fair or balanced and a lot of their commentators are liars and hacks). I also simply said that Fox is anti-Canadian. You wanted links, so I found them for you. End of story. I didn't comment on CBS, Comedy Central, NBC or the Canadian media in general.

In the future, I would appreciate it if you could just read what I actually write in my posts rather than putting some spin on them.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Tracy, if I misunderstood you, I apologize. In my post I simply tried to point out that of all the American TV networks, FOXNews is definitely not the only one who ever committed the cardinal sin of not being 100% complimentary of Canada. It is the only one, however that find fault with.

In my opinion (in fact, at least as I see them as a regular watcher of FOXNews) FOXNews always provides an opposite view, unlike other networks who have a habit to engage guests who do nothing more than help the host beat the drum the host puts in front of them.

The clip with An Coulter had two conservatives and two liberals. If you think that the liberals were kind of wimpy, please do not blame it on the network.

In the clip featuring O'Reilley (dated April 28th, 2004)O'Reilley did not have a monolouge, did he? He fairly and in a balanced way gave his opponent a chance to express her view. And if as a Canadian you take pride in Heather Mallick your problem with FOXNews is trivial in comparison. ( I read some of Mallick's articles in The Globe and Mail about America, and I can say with full confidence that there never was an American with so much hatred for a neighbour as Mallick has for America and Americans).

The Bo Dietl interview (dated February 12th, 2008) was not conducted on FOXNews. If you have problem that Bo Dietl is a FOXNews contributor, just remember that many liberal luminaries are also FOXNews contributors, including the one that teamed up with Al Colmes in the Ann Coulter clip.

The Cavuto clip (dated December 16th, 2005) once again was not an anti-Canadian monolouge, but a fair and balanced presentation of varying opinions.

BTW, except for the Bo Dietl clip, all are ancient history. Could you perhaps come up with something more recent? Or do you hold a grudge forever? The perceived anti-Canadian remarks were uttered at the time when the Canadian Government, from Prime Minister down was decidely anti-American and definitely anti-Bush. So, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Both of whom have thicker skin than some easilty offended Canadians.

Like I said in an earlier post, life is too short not to have a fwe laughs.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Tracy, if I misunderstood you, I apologize. In my post I simply tried to point out that of all the American TV networks, FOXNews is definitely not the only one who ever committed the cardinal sin of not being 100% complimentary of Canada. It is the only one, however that find fault with.

You are still reading more into my posts than you need to. I never said that being less than 100% complimentary of Canada was a cardinal sin. I don't mind either country critiquing the other as long as its justified and truthful (I posted that earlier too). That isn't the case with Fox. Fox is there to present the conservative view of things. That's fine with me as long as everyone's honest about it, but for some reason they keep trying to maintain the charade of being impartial. They aren't. The opposing viewpoint they present is generally done by a horribly weak debater. That gives the illusion of balance when in reality it's a show.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
The clip with An Coulter had two conservatives and two liberals. If you think that the liberals were kind of wimpy, please do not blame it on the network.

It is the network that books the talent no? If they can't find book some strong liberal debaters, then just admit that the show is made up of loud republicans and meek democrats. Don't pretend a fight between a 98lb weakling from one side and a heavyweight from the other is a truly balanced view of things. It's not.

In the clip featuring O'Reilley (dated April 28th, 2004)O'Reilley did not have a monolouge, did he? He fairly and in a balanced way gave his opponent a chance to express her view. And if as a Canadian you take pride in Heather Mallick your problem with FOXNews is trivial in comparison. ( I read some of Mallick's articles in The Globe and Mail about America, and I can say with full confidence that there never was an American with so much hatred for a neighbour as Mallick has for America and Americans).

I never said I like or dislike Heather Mallick. Look, you asked for antiCanadian viewpoints expressed by Fox. This is their star. He's expressing an anti-Canadian viewpoint. It's hardly the only thing he's said against Canada. If you agree with his viewpoint that Americans should boycott Canada, that's fine. It's still exactly what you asked for: anti-Canadian statements from Fox.

The Bo Dietl interview (dated February 12th, 2008) was not conducted on FOXNews. If you have problem that Bo Dietl is a FOXNews contributor, just remember that many liberal luminaries are also FOXNews contributors, including the one that teamed up with Al Colmes in the Ann Coulter clip.

What's your point? He's on Fox. He's anti-Canadian.... and racist for that matter.

The Cavuto clip (dated December 16th, 2005) once again was not an anti-Canadian monolouge, but a fair and balanced presentation of varying opinions.

Fair and balanced? That's a matter of opinion (one I don't share btw). But, it's still anti-Canadian. You can agree with him or disagree, but seriously asking if Canada is an enemy of the US is pretty obviously anti-Canadian.

BTW, except for the Bo Dietl clip, all are ancient history. Could you perhaps come up with something more recent?

No because I am done wasting my time posting things for you. I'm not your google monkey;-). You are obviously able to use a computer, so feel free to search for yourself. I gave you several examples to support my opinion. If you don't think they're good enough, feel free to ignore them.

Or do you hold a grudge forever? The perceived anti-Canadian remarks were uttered at the time when the Canadian Government, from Prime Minister down was decidely anti-American and definitely anti-Bush. So, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Both of whom have thicker skin than some easilty offended Canadians.

I wasn't debating the Canadian media's anti-Americanism or whether Fox's anti-Canadian views were justified or not. I just said that Fox is anti-Canadian. If you don't feel Fox is anti-Canadian, I'm surprised you would feel the need to point out reasons that would justify them for being so. You haven't posted anything that would make me believe Fox wasn't anti-Canadian.

That's it for me on this one. In summary, without anything extra being added on:
I feel Fox is anti-Canadian. I gave examples. I don't want to spend anymore time googling for them. I'm sure you're able to do it yourself. I don't care enough. It isn't something that occupies all that much of my time. Have a nice weekend:cool:

Last edited:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
The perceived anti-Canadian remarks were uttered at the time when the Canadian Government, from Prime Minister down was decidely anti-American and definitely anti-Bush. So, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Really Yukon Jack? If Canadian government is anti-Bush, what does that have to do with FOX news? If FOX news really was an independent network, they would try to present news in a nonbiased way, letting the chips fall where they may.

If Canadian government is anti-Bush, I can understand Bush’s people criticizing Canada, but why FOX? Doesn’t’ this support the contention that FOX is a mouthpiece for Republican Party, and when Bush was the President, it was a mouthpiece for Bush?

Why would an independent news organization care if Canada in anti-Bush?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
It is the network that books the talent no? If they can't find book some strong liberal debaters, then just admit that the show is made up of loud republicans and meek democrats. Don't pretend a fight between a 98lb weakling from one side and a heavyweight from the other is a truly balanced view of things. It's not.

Quite right, Tracy. You won’t see FOX invite somebody like James Carville for debate or discussion. He is a tiger and will eat any of the conservative commentators for lunch. You will see only weak liberal debaters on FOX channel.

I remember a show, Hannity and Colmes. It was supposedly a balanced show, with Hannity representing conservative side and Colmes representing liberal side. I never watched the show myself, but I have read it in so many places what a wimp Colmes was, what an ineffective debater he was, and how Hannity routinely walked all over him.

So you won’t find any capable, erudite, polished liberal debaters on FOX (and there are plenty of those), you will only find ineffective, weak liberal debaters.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It's amazing how some people have such a strong opinion of things they readily admit to having no first hand knowledge of. I wonder why that is.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Re #110.

During the Bush Presidency the CBC (and for that matter CTV and Global) was far more critical (and mostly in offensive ways) of Bush in particular and America in general than FOXNews was about Canada. So, in all fairness you will not deny that the CBC is the mouthpiece of the Liberal Party.

And since - unlike you - I DO watch the channels I talk about, I can say that with far more credibility than what you said about FoxNews. (Or MSNBC. OR Townhall. Or Drudge Report).

I would be willing to bet that you also never read the New York Times or the Washington Post either, or at least not recently.