Diary of a Snow Shoveler

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It's all made up.

Hey now that your here. Any idea how similar the Norwegian language is to Dutch?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It's all made up.

Hey now that your here. Any idea how similar the Norwegian language is to Dutch?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It's all made up.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Well, not being a blonde viking myself.......Rather a dark haired viking via adoption.

Actually I was just curious. My grandparents spoke Norwegian to us growing up. I'm curious as to whether I'd understand it now if someone spoke it. I guess I'll just have to find myself a viking....lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Well, not being a blonde viking myself.......Rather a dark haired viking via adoption.

Actually I was just curious. My grandparents spoke Norwegian to us growing up. I'm curious as to whether I'd understand it now if someone spoke it. I guess I'll just have to find myself a viking....lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Interesting! Well for what I know, Dutch just like Norwegian belongs to the Germanic language group, which is compromised out of German, English, Dutch, Frisian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Icelandic. But within that group, there is the group of German, English, Dutch and Frisian, languages who are very similar to each other (as a Dutchman, I have no problem understanding Englishmen, Frisians or Germans), and than there is the group of Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Icelandic, languages which are alike. But it could be that Norwegian isn't that different from Dutch, I did hear some time that Dutch emigrants to Norway (yes, they exist, even in relatively great numbers) have no problem with learning the language so ... :) Hope this information is useful.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Interesting! Well for what I know, Dutch just like Norwegian belongs to the Germanic language group, which is compromised out of German, English, Dutch, Frisian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Icelandic. But within that group, there is the group of German, English, Dutch and Frisian, languages who are very similar to each other (as a Dutchman, I have no problem understanding Englishmen, Frisians or Germans), and than there is the group of Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Icelandic, languages which are alike. But it could be that Norwegian isn't that different from Dutch, I did hear some time that Dutch emigrants to Norway (yes, they exist, even in relatively great numbers) have no problem with learning the language so ... :) Hope this information is useful.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com