Denmark’s Obsequious Treatment of Returning ISIS Fighters

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Excuses, excuses.

It's actually true. It would have been interesting to see how Canada would have fared had Germany been right on your doorstep and wanted to invade you. There's no way you could have done anything at all, let alone win, without foreign help. You're deluded if you think otherwise.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Are you daft? I already told you, it was sheer, unadulterated British incompetence.

Sheesh!... How many times do I have to tell you?

That is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard.. That's right up there with 'an entire army snuck up on us in Hong Kong whilst we weren't looking'

Damn, those sneaky armies!

You know though, we shouldn't joke. Inability to notice other people existing is most definitely a symptom of Wee Island Syndrome.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Damn, those sneaky armies!

Don't forget Pearl Harbour. That was damned sneaky, too. That was the biggest surprise the Americans received since they discovered the White House on fire.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Don't forget Pearl Harbour. That was damned sneaky, too.

Yeah, yeah. Hawaiian Island....most definitely wee islands.

Of course they are a part of one mofo bear of a nation.

Japan, also a wee island....that ultimately learned a valuable lesson about rousing sleeping giants.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Of course they are a part of one mofo bear of a nation.

Only because the Yanks invaded them, overthrew their monarchy, and told the startled islanders that their beautiful islands are now Yank territory.

Japan, also a wee island....that ultimately learned a valuable lesson about rousing sleeping giants.
They weren't exactly sleeping. They were busy sucking up to, and making cushy business deals, with the Nazis, like the anti-Semitic Ford and his car company. Maybe that's why they didn't notice thousands of heavily armed Japanese sneaking up on them at Pearl Harbour.

WWII would also have been won by the Allies even had American not entered the conflict.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You know what this all really is, don't ya Captain? Wee Island Syndrome.

No doubt... I understand that they are the 8th largest in the world in a competition of 6

Had Nazi Germany been on Canada's doorstep Hitler would have had his photograph taken at Parliament Hill rather than the Eiffel Tower.

Yes... We would have taken his photo right before he was hanged

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well now that's a loaded question!

It's a good question. In what ways, other than land area, is Britain smaller than Canada? In all of the things that really matter (population, GDP, military, cultural, political) Britain wins hands down.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
To those that lack any forethought, ability to plan and military skill, it would appear impossible (hence, your conclusion that it was difficult) However, with competent leadership, strategy and a tactical approach, yes, it would have been that easy

Had Nazi Germany bordered Canada the Germans would have marched across the border at 9am and be eating bratwurst in your parliament building by the end of the day, and there would have been nothing you would have been able to do about it.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Had Nazi Germany bordered Canada the Germans would have marched across the border at 9am and be eating bratwurst in your parliament building by the end of the day, and there would have been nothing you would have been able to do about it.

Blackie... We're not British

Hitler didn't even think about attempting a foray into Canada... He knew damned well that he'd have his a$$ handed to him in a matter of days... It is in the history books that he was scared to death of Canada and the consequences of getting on our bad side

You see, here in Canada, we don't put up with that kind of BS.... You get one warning, and then you get the beating of your life.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Do understand what 'weer' means?

I'm wondering if it's another British syndrome that we just haven't heard of yet

I think it may be all symptoms of the Wee Island Syndrome.

*Inability to recognize the existence of other people.

*Exaggerated and delusional sense of self-importance.

*****ed up communication skills.

It's all right there on WebMD. ;)

Blackie... We're not British

Hitler didn't even think about attempting a foray into Canada... He knew damned well that he'd have his a$$ handed to him in a matter of days... It is in the history books that he was scared to death of Canada and the consequences of getting on our bad side

You see, here in Canada, we don't put up with that kind of BS.... You get one warning, and then you get the beating of your life.

Usually from one retired, cool as a cucumber type.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I think it may be all symptoms of the Wee Island Syndrome.

*Inability to recognize the existence of other people.

*Exaggerated and delusional sense of self-importance.

*****ed up communication skills.

It's all right there on WebMD. ;).

I get it now... 'Weer' is the plural form of Wee Syndrome(s)... Kinda like maths

Usually from one retired, cool as a cucumber type.

Kudos.