Democrats Warn Hillary

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
The DNC needs to get the funds to hire a Speaking Coach for her. She needs to learn how to lie convincingly. I see her hand clapping as akin to that of the North Korean dictator when he walks into the room. Maybe they have something in common?

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Hillary has trouble with facts and truth. She couldn't even tell her own Party hat the private emails wasn't really as clean as she said. Now when the truth does come out what happens next?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Assuming Hillary is a lock for the Democratic Nomination.. which i assume is so.. Hillary has ONE way to win against Trump.

That is to make Bernie Sanders her running mate, and to essentially fit his economic agenda into her platform. That will take away the economic nationalist, dirigiste and protectionist franchise away from Trump.. or at least divide it.

I KNOW she won't do it. At least i'd fall off my chair if she did. Hillary takes her economic and political advice from Bill Clinton.. the most radically Free Trade, Deregulation, Monetarist and Internationalist President since the Free Market paradigm descended on us in the early 70s. He's going to advise her to 'balance' the ticket.. likely with a hispanic southerner and a moderate free marketeer.. and assume all the voting blocks will hold.

They won't. Trump represents a paradigm shift (something of which i'm not sure even he is aware). And he's positioned to leave Hillary in the dust, if she doesn't see the NeoCon/NeoLib era is collapsing. And, imho, she's just not smart enough to see that.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Assuming Hillary is a lock for the Democratic Nomination.. which i assume is so.. Hillary has ONE way to win against Trump.

That is to make Bernie Sanders her running mate, and to essentially fit his economic agenda into her platform. That will take away the economic nationalist, dirigiste and protectionist franchise away from Trump.. or at least divide it.

I KNOW she won't do it. At least i'd fall off my chair if she did. Hillary takes her economic and political advice from Bill Clinton.. the most radically Free Trade, Deregulation, Monetarist and Internationalist President since the Free Market paradigm descended on us in the early 70s. He's going to advise her to 'balance' the ticket.. likely with a hispanic southerner and a moderate free marketeer.. and assume all the voting blocks will hold.

They won't. Trump represents a paradigm shift (something of which i'm not sure even he is aware). And he's positioned to leave Hillary in the dust, if she doesn't see the NeoCon/NeoLib era is collapsing. And, imho, she's just not smart enough to see that.

I guess Bill's tactics worked OK in 1993, Will they work in 2017?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I guess Bill's tactics worked OK in 1993, Will they work in 2017?

I already know that, Walter, but the new President doesn't do f**k all until Jan. 20, 2017, the date when the strategies should start working. :) :)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We're going to discover it is pure fantasy that Trump is making the Republican Party stronger. Sporadic reports of high voter turnout in Republican primaries is nothing compared to headlines like this:

Republican Voters Kind Of Hate All Their Choices

Trump does not just divide rank-and-file voters from Republican poo-bahs. He’s also extremely divisive among Republican voters, much more so than a typical front-runner. In exit polls so far, only 49 percent of Republican voters say they would be satisfied with Trump as their nominee — remarkable considering Trump’s lead in votes and delegates. But compounding the GOP’s problems, Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz would leave only slightly more Republican voters happy.

Republican Voters Kind Of Hate All Their Choices | FiveThirtyEight

Far from being a healthy, strong phenomena, this is actually closer to the Republican Party becoming non-viable as a U.S. political party sometime soon.

*snicker*

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
House minority leader Nancy Pelosi downplayed problems with the Democratic Party, saying that the party’s values “unify us.”

“I don’t think that people want a new direction,” Pelosi said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” on Sunday. “Our values are supporting working families. What we want is a better connection of our message to working families.”

Pelosi’s appearance came a few days after she was re-elected by Democrats to serve another term as House minority leader, beating back a challenge from Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
House minority leader Nancy Pelosi downplayed problems with the Democratic Party, saying that the party’s values “unify us.”

“I don’t think that people want a new direction,” Pelosi said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” on Sunday. “Our values are supporting working families. What we want is a better connection of our message to working families.”

Pelosi’s appearance came a few days after she was re-elected by Democrats to serve another term as House minority leader, beating back a challenge from Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio.

Isn't this great news!

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

So people don't want a new direction? Odd then that a new direction is what they voted for.
Democrats value helping people; Trump values helping people to help themselves.
Democrats don't want the people lifted out of their government dependency. They like the role of 'Big Brother'.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So people don't want a new direction? Odd then that a new direction is what they voted for.
Democrats value helping people; Trump values helping people to help themselves.
Democrats don't want the people lifted out of their government dependency. They like the role of 'Big Brother'.

Funny that they still think that? The fact that the Dems in the House reelected Pelosi just shows they have not got the message or if they have got the message they don't care. I'd bet it is mostly the latter.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
A friend of mine put her opinion quite succinctly. She said "Americans are under-educated on purpose. They don't fund their schools, nor pay their teachers enough, they don't address the drop-out rates at all, so you have basically an illiterate population that the elites can manipulate, lie to them, fleece them to their (elites) hearts content. Then when someone like the Donald comes by, people are too stupid to realize that he's just as bad as the rest of them."

HUH! I just thought it was apathy, but apparently I was wrong.

JMO
we be stoopid