Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Democrats appear poised to pick up between 35 and 40 seats in the House, once the last races are tallied, according to strategists in both parties. That would represent the biggest Democratic gain in the House since the post-Watergate election of 1974, when the party picked up 49 seats three months after Richard M. Nixon resigned the presidency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...31dcd53ca6b_story.html?utm_term=.06e13cef5e6b

Despite this success, I am still not fully convinced that it was a "blue wave" victory as they lost several senate seats and did not appear to make significant gains among state legislatures. The one area where they did succeed was among governorships with 7 new offices and the fact that Republican victories in certain states were by small margins. We will have to await the outcomes of the other elections to see whether the term "blue wave" is justified.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
just release those taxes and investigate his actions and the impeachment will take care of itself.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
there is no chance of anyone conceding in Georgia or Florida.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi says she has the votes to become the next House speaker

Facing opposition from more than a dozen Democrats, the California lawmaker told reporters on Thursday, "I have overwhelming support in my caucus to be speaker of the House.��

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Been rumouring with the division in the Dem speaker vote the GOP can retain Speaker of the house if they focus their vote, wouldn't that be kick in the knackers?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
It was reported by CNN as a fear, also mentioned that the Speaker doesn't even need to be in either party or have a seat in the house, so any of this true? You obviously are in the know

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It was reported by CNN as a fear, also mentioned that the Speaker doesn't even need to be in either party or have a seat in the house, so any of this true? You obviously are in the know
It is true. The Speaker need not be of any party, nor even a Member, just as a Supreme Court justice need not be a judge nor even a lawyer.

I urge you to get together every penny you have or can borrow, and bet it that the next Speaker of the House will be a Republican. Then you'll be a WINNAH!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
It is true. The Speaker need not be of any party, nor even a Member, just as a Supreme Court justice need not be a judge nor even a lawyer.

I urge you to get together every penny you have or can borrow, and bet it that the next Speaker of the House will be a Republican. Then you'll be a WINNAH!
...inside info??? come on, share ..