Define Human Shields?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
You really believe what is said in Chapter 6 as gospel truth? If you do, you are truly a follower/convert of Hezbollah (Hizballah, Hizbullah) however they try to spell it. They think they are the party of God " The Hizbullah is nothing more than a militant, armed terrorist organization bent on abduction and murder Amnesty International just a branch of Hizbullah and other terrorist consortiums.

You would buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You really believe what is said in Chapter 6 as gospel truth? If you do, you are truly a follower/convert of Hezbollah (Hizballah, Hizbullah) however they try to spell it. They think they are the party of God " The Hizbullah is nothing more than a militant, armed terrorist organization bent on abduction and murder Amnesty International just a branch of Hizbullah and other terrorist consortiums.

You would buy the Brooklyn Bridge.
Why isn't the Israeli govt not considered a Junta?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Okay pay attention. Artillery is indirect fire. Which is to say that you do not fire directly at your target. Pay attention EAO, quit picking your nose and look up here.

Where was I? Oh yeah.

Indirect fire can be initiated by rockets, mortars, artillery pieces and even rifle fire. Mortars are a very effective form of indirect fire. Palestinian factions have used a shoot and scoot tactic with mortars on many occasions. So using a school or a hospital to set up a base plate is ectremely effective. While you might not get a 155 howitzer on top of a building a mortar could be set up in minutes.

Comparing the deliberate targeting of civilians to Palestinian tactics is really reaching, but as I read more of your posts it is quite obvious that you have a fixation on the Israeli's. You should seek some kind of help for this, it's really kind of weird.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Comparing the deliberate targeting of civilians to Palestinian tactics is really reaching, but as I read more of your posts it is quite obvious that you have a fixation on the Israeli's. You should seek some kind of help for this, it's really kind of weird.

This has been obvious for years.... since his possibly first thead in '06.....

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/international-politics/49859-israel-vs-hamas-hezbollah-syria.html

BTW no one replied to that one.....must'a been a slow week;-)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Okay pay attention. Artillery is indirect fire. Which is to say that you do not fire directly at your target. Pay attention EAO, quit picking your nose and look up here.

Where was I? Oh yeah.

Indirect fire can be initiated by rockets, mortars, artillery pieces and even rifle fire. Mortars are a very effective form of indirect fire. Palestinian factions have used a shoot and scoot tactic with mortars on many occasions. So using a school or a hospital to set up a base plate is ectremely effective. While you might not get a 155 howitzer on top of a building a mortar could be set up in minutes.

As an Artillery friend of mine once explained

The Role of the Artillery is to drop rounds short n order to Prod the Van Doos onto the objective.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

The Role of the Artillery is to drop rounds short n order to Prod the Van Doos onto the objective.

No no your friend was actually wrong. The Role of the artillery is to defeat the enemy through indirect fire.

The aim of the artillery is to drop rounds short in order to motivate the Van Doo's toward the objective.

Wait til Bear hears this. :)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
No no your friend was actually wrong. The Role of the artillery is to defeat the enemy through indirect fire.

The aim of the artillery is to drop rounds short in order to motivate the Van Doo's toward the objective.

Wait til Bear hears this. :)
I am just a vessel that carried the message. I laughed my ass of though.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why does my brother inlaw spend all morning building targets to teach recruits how to destroy them in the afternoon? That's prettty damn direct when all that is left is a whole full off toothpicks?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Purpose of artillery is to destroy the enemies will to fight. Drop it on him, over him, drive him into a area you want him, in short obliterate them.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Agree/Disagree.
Why can't you just answer the question?

I believe this information to be accurate. Read starting at pg 59.
http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/a...3d7-11dd-8743-d305bea2b2c7/mde020332006en.pdf
OK, I read it. Eye witness testimony of Hezbollah parking munitions at Mosques, Hezbollah admitting it builds tunnels and bases in civilian areas.

Since Israel has demonstrated little regard for non-Jewish civilians, Hezbollah using them as human shields would be an ineffective tactic.
That's an awesome dismissal of the facts EAO.

In the few cases where civilians complained about the presence of Hezbollah fighters, those fighters moved. Hezbollah is a political party and sensitive to complaint by civilians regarding their activities. Let me know when Hezbollah starts hiding behind Jews and Israelis the same way the IDF hides behind nine-year-old Arab children.
Nice comparison of an isolated case to Hezbollah's admitted tactic of using civilian areas as military positions so they can film the deaths for their Pallywood productions.

How many average citizens live near military installations?
16,000+ live near Borden.

Blow me.

Back on topic...

A human shield is, anyone used by military personnel to protect themselves, or anyone used as a public relations prop.

By EAO's definition, which of course is AI's definition, anyone involved in urban warfare is guilty of a war crime.

Here's a challenge, go into a Legion and tell some Vets that liberated places like Appledorn or anywhere else in Holland. Who literally fought the Germans door to door, house to house, that they're guilty of a war crime.

This is the problem, AI, HRW, base their definition of a war crime on the premise that war is a crime. People like EAO that fail to grasp that fact, then use that same definition when debating or dissecting information, lose sight of reality. Now I know EAO has a soft spot in his heart for Vets, and I know he wouldn't think of calling a Canadian Vet, who actually sat in a church steeple or somebodies house and picked off German Soldiers a war criminal. Maybe, but I've been known to be wrong.

EAO and many people like him have a double standard when it comes to Israel.

Last edited: